corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Battlefield Bad Company 2 *news and chat thread*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Battlefield Bad Company 2 *news and chat thread*
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Dec 09 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might buy a Quadcore and a new Graphics card for it, everything else is fine.
moka

25th Dec 09 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cannot wait for this game ive just about had enough of cod and no dedicated servers

[Edited on 25-12-2009 by moka]
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Dec 09 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just fancy a change tbh, I also like how the developers are treating the PC community
Liam

25th Dec 09 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quadcore! I've only got Dual Core
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Dec 09 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will run fine off duel core, aslong as you have a decent graphics card and a few GB ram you'll be good to go.
Liam

25th Dec 09 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sweet. My GFx card isn't bad, and I can get another 2gb of RAM quite cheap.
Sunz

25th Dec 09 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stupid if they optimized it for quad core when its something like only 20% gamers have that where as dual core is around the 60% mark
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Jan 10 at 23:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I'd bump this as I'm watching more videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYVd6DzjAD0
LukeS

6th Jan 10 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good if your playing with friends, game looks awesome though.
DannyB
Premium Member

10th Jan 10 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As promised here is the PC Blog on the Beta & a few other things, yes some people, places, and things may have leaked a little something, but we are here to clarify everything and make it all official since we can now commit to the listed dates! :-)

BETA Details:

Beta Begins/Ends: Jan 28th/Feb 25th
Map Name: Port Valdez

Players: 32

Game Mode: Rush

Environment: Snow

Theme: Vehicle and Infantry

Back Story

The battle for Port Valdez is fought alongside the waterline towards a great oil industrial landscape in the Alaskan mountains. Using basically everything they've got the Russian forces are launching an airborne assault to knock out the oil industries in the area. In their arsenal there are Main Battle Tanks as well as fast-moving Quad Bikes and mobile armored AA. It's a vehicle focused battle, but with plenty of infantry combat.

How to Download: Check back to the Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Page closer to beta launch date for download instructions.

How To Get Access: Reserve Battlefield Bad Company 2 is the most sure fire way and right now we are still finalizing which Retailers & e-Tailers will participate (it's up to them). If you're eager to ensure you get in confirmed distributors to Pre-Order consumers are the EA Store and at GameStop.com. We'll have another Blog to update new retailers & e-Tailers that have teamed up with us as well as alternate channels to obtain a Closed Beta Key.

Misc. Details

Steam Beta: Yes there was a leaked image of a Package file we propped on Steam. People with illegal accounts can see games in this environment, but this is not a Beta in the term of Public Test Beta, but a real development Beta installer client for the Steam version of the full game. We are however working with Steam to have the Public PC Beta available on Steam, but can't confirm this quite yet so cross your fingers Steam users. :-)

Anti Cheat: We're going with PunkBuster supporting the same options BF2 and BF2142 had to run unranked without PunkBuster.

Mod Tools: There will not be mod tools for BFBC2. However a majority of the the games logic is controlled by the server and there will be Serverside control options for the dedicated servers.

Public Server Files: We will not distribute these publicly. There are many factors for why we have decided this with the biggest factor being security & integrity of our game & Dedicated Servers.

-GVD
Eck
Premium Member

10th Jan 10 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This looks immense. This is going to be the year of Multiplayer. Nothing has come close to CoD on the consoles, until now.
DannyB
Premium Member

10th Jan 10 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed, I'm looking forward to the change actually, getting used to a new game and new way of playing. MW2 was far too arcadey for my liking, It was so much better years ago when it was just a basic game, none of this perks and kill streak shit. BFBC2 seems to still be a basic game in some ways. I've sold MW2 now anyway, glad to see the back of it.
Eck
Premium Member

10th Jan 10 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, Medal of Honour makes a return this year That'll be fucking awesome too.
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Jan 10 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=856&Itemid=128
MoesTavern

20th Jan 10 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Motherfucker where's the 360 beta?
Nath

20th Jan 10 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope this is good. Need something else to play from time to time.
fir3vip3r

20th Jan 10 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the original bad company was really good

destroying buildings etc was a right laugh. Will definitely be buying this one
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Jan 10 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Single player:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-single-player-battlefield-bad/61087
Adam_B

22nd Jan 10 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hang on, was that someone at the end there taking on a big badass apache type helecopter with a regular boggo assault rifle??

thats fucking cool
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd Jan 10 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like I'm sorted for the beta

We have seen a lot of really good feedback on released details of BFBC2 PC and have been gathering these and sharing them with the PC Dev team. We also want as much feedback as possible after you have played the Beta to really give us the most solid feedback possible to look into addressing. Your participation in this Beta really counts and we'll have another update soon with the official location to give your feedback!

I also wanted to share an updated global retailers list supporting the BFBC2 PC Beta Key access coming this month.

US - GameStop.com US Only

Austria - Gamesonly.at

Czech Republic - xzone.cz and jrc.cz

Germany - amazon.de

Poland - gramer.pl, ultima.pl, EMPIK PC and sklep.gry-online.pl

UK - play.com and Direct2Drive

Singapore - Where to buy

Australia - EG Games

Russia - DirectCOD, igromagaz.ru, Turbodom and TotalBF

Hungary - CD Galaxis and 576

Switzeland - wog.ch

Italy - Multiplayer.it

Sweden - Webhallen, GAME, CDON, GameStop and SIBA

Denmark - Blockbuster, GameStop, CDON and GAME

Norway - Platekompaniet, Spaceworld, GameStop, GAME, CDON, and Absoluttspill

Finland: GameStop and CDON

World Wide Option - EA Store (if your country is not listed above, please check if the EA Store is supported there)

Heads Up: PC Beta Players will secure their gamer alias (Soldier Name) for retail.

Please check back on www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/beta on the 28th Jan for more details on how to download the Beta.
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Jan 10 at 00:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/81?ep=81
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Jan 10 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just pre-ordered at play, so ill get in the beta aswell..

i look forward to playing you danny.
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Jan 10 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definately, looking forward to a change in game
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Jan 10 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wonder how well it will run on my 3000+ 64 and 8800 lol
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Jan 10 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My AMD is overclocked to 3.2, I only have a Nvidia 8600 though, 4gb RAM..it should run it ok, I used to run MW2 on the highest setting apart from resolution.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll