corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats fastest? 306dturbo or corsa 1.4 16v?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whats fastest? 306dturbo or corsa 1.4 16v?
vibrio
Banned

User status: Offline
3rd Jul 03 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A standard GT

BabyBlade

3rd Jul 03 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by X3DOS
quote:
Originally posted by wez
the 306 dturbo standard to 60 is about 12 seconds.. an puts out 92bhp and 142lb of torque - with a free tuneup (which u can do if your mechanically minded) it shifts a lot quicker - after turnin the fuel and boost up mines is hittin 60 in 8.5 seconds - and that is a free tune, ie. cost no money. But a lot of people charge about £300 for this operation (van aaken) it only takes about an hour to do..

Just watched your 0-60 run, and if you stop the clock at about just past 60 and even start the clock at just when your moving its well over 10s!!! I times about 12s. 8.5....yeah ok

I added a K&N filter to my 1.1 nova and now it does 0-60 in 4.5s!

Somits wrong with ur fueling mate. Them small engines shift the nova to 60 in under 4seconds flat with a K & N. U sure it wasnt pipercross
wez

3rd Jul 03 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blurry pictures?

if u open the 0-60 run in media player... the 0-60 run starts from 8 seconds.. (if u watch the speedo its still on 0mph at 7 seconds!) just because the revs raise doesnt mean im already moving.. handbrake is still on remember

and then stop it at 60 oh look...8. something seconds.. doesnt take a genius

and u cant count the 30-70 because i took my foot off just after 60 because of the country road (which we started to go uphill anyway) then carried on accelerating but not foot down (which is why the camera cut off otherwise i would have done a 0-100) - but i will try n film a seperate 30-70 tommorrow.. and 0-100

[Edited on 03-07-2003 by wez]

vibrio
Banned

3rd Jul 03 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wez
well in that case, all the other 14 people who have timed it are wrong then..

yes
X3DOS

3rd Jul 03 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wez
well in that case, all the other 14 people who have timed it are wrong then..

They can time it all they want. They cant measure your REAL speed. Ie when to stop timing for when your REALLY doing 60mph.

The acceleration really does tail off after 60 which is probably a real 55mph as with most cars.

My old car used to underread because of bigger wheels (1.5" more diameter 100mph on speedo was 107mph from GPS - much more accurate than a speedo).

wez

3rd Jul 03 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheels are standard size
vibrio
Banned

3rd Jul 03 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that 306 TD does 60 in 10s, 70 in 15s and 30-70 in 15s
X3DOS

3rd Jul 03 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wez
wheels are standard size

Well there you go then, your probably timing 0-55 in 8.5s, which is plausible - maybe... prolly still over 10s.

Most 0-60s are done by experts after a day of testing to get that time. Clearly you are better
wez

3rd Jul 03 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

starts from 8 seconds in media player, finishes at 16, check again - and how does having standard wheels nock 5mph off the speedo? "Sorry officer i promise i was doing 30mph!"
BabyBlade

3rd Jul 03 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clearly the vid starts at 7 seconds. if u pause/play quickly u will see it starts at 7. After further inspection it wud APPEAR u reach 60 at 16 seconds however this is only the angle from the camera, if u were looking at the speedo head on i'm sure it is about 55, so i rekon ur cars about 10s 0-60
X3DOS

3rd Jul 03 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sethion33
clearly the vid starts at 7 seconds. if u pause/play quickly u will see it starts at 7. After further inspection it wud APPEAR u reach 60 at 16 seconds however this is only the angle from the camera, if u were looking at the speedo head on i'm sure it is about 55, so i rekon ur cars about 10s 0-60

Given the benefit of the doubt and its stopped at 60mph, this goon thinks 60mph on his speedo really is 60mph... Oh dear......
vibrio
Banned

3rd Jul 03 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's clearly still a slow car that farts between gear changes
wez

3rd Jul 03 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry officer, i was doing 30mph i promise - yeh question the legal system of the gatso cameras...
vibrio
Banned

3rd Jul 03 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wez
sorry officer, i was doing 30mph i promise - yeh question the legal system of the gatso cameras...

eh????
BabyBlade

3rd Jul 03 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am wrong it starts at 6. I aint being funny mate but ur car aint actually that fast.
wez

3rd Jul 03 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems to me more like some people dont like to accept the fact its a fast diesel....oh well. i know what it does and thats what matters - infact ill do another run this time with camera properly over the speedo..
wez

3rd Jul 03 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I am wrong it starts at 6. I aint being funny mate but ur car aint actually that fast.

starts at 6 yet the revs dont even start to climb until 7? now that just makes u look silly...by which time also i dont release the handbrake till the revs hit 3200rpm
X3DOS

3rd Jul 03 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In simple non complicated sentances....

All car speedo's overread from the manufacturers normally in the region of 10%. Therefore to guage a rough approximation to time 0-60mph speed, you'd really be better off stopping the timing at 66mph on the speedo as this is when your doing a real 60mph.

Hope that clears it up.
wez

3rd Jul 03 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wez
quote:

starts at 6 yet the revs dont even start until 7? now that just makes u look silly...by which time also i dont release the handbrake till the revs hit 3200rpm hence it starts about 7.5 and 8 if u wanna be picky, watch the speedo still at 0mph on 7 seconds..oh thats because the speedo is really at -5?
vibrio
Banned

3rd Jul 03 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wez
seems to me more like some people dont like to accept the fact its a fast diesel....oh well. i know what it does and thats what matters - infact ill do another run this time with camera properly over the speedo..

it is not a fast diesel nor a fast car. it does 30mph-70mph in 12 that is slow.
wez

3rd Jul 03 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you also have a reading problem as well as time measuring, the run was a 0-60 not to 70 or a 30 to 70...if u READ the previous posts i quite clearly state that after i hit 60 i took my foot off because of the texture of the country road and then continued to accelerate about 3 seconds after but not full floor. point #2

vibrio
Banned

3rd Jul 03 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still quite clearly your 306 is around 2s quicker than standard to 60
X3DOS

3rd Jul 03 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wez are you doing this on purpose ?

Your speedo 0-60 is about 9s. Fair enough. In real terms this is about 0-55 in 9s. To measure a rough and inaccurate 0-60 you have to do at least 65mph on the speedo.

Even then its not accurate. Got it yet ?
BabyBlade

4th Jul 03 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wez
quote:
Originally posted by wez
quote:

starts at 6 yet the revs dont even start until 7? now that just makes u look silly...by which time also i dont release the handbrake till the revs hit 3200rpm hence it starts about 7.5 and 8 if u wanna be picky, watch the speedo still at 0mph on 7 seconds..oh thats because the speedo is really at -5?

GTF I looked at again, and ive got your speedo starting at 5 seconds, i can get proof but everytime i convert it to jpeg the screen goes black, lucky for u eh.
Michael B

24th Mar 05 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well.. I raced a 2.0 HDI 306 in my 15TD corsa and It was pretty even, I won, just though.. Im getting my car screwed this week sometime.. Should help it go even better.. =)

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats fastest? 306dturbo or corsa 1.4 16v? 22 database queries in 0.1965749 seconds