corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats fastest? 306dturbo or corsa 1.4 16v?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whats fastest? 306dturbo or corsa 1.4 16v?
LiviLion

User status: Offline
3rd Jul 03 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wez
your really beginning to fuck me off being such a tard! Just because your car is a bag of shite with 13 inch alloys doesnt mean u have to take it out on everyone else - and as for your information i filmed the 0-60 run

HERE

right click and save as to view

now how much of a prick do you look!

the reason peugeot left it so lean was to keep insurance down and MPG up - but you wouldnt think of things like that to make a 34% increase in sales would you being so retarded and all.

[Edited on 03-07-2003 by wez]

LOL! Imagine resorting to ranting. Is it half term already?

To say my car is a bag of shite with 13 inch alloys is a bit OTT. This is a corsa forum after all and I don't see you as having paid for premium membership.

Why not go and visit frenchpish.com or similar where you could find like minded souls to talk about pug's all day.

BTW, it's 14" alloys. But changing them costs cash and won't make my car any quicker but credit to those who do decide to do that.

Also, I'm not having a go at you just because you claim to have a faster car than me. There are people on here with Punto GT's and pug 106 gti's which I freely admit are faster than mine.

Your car doesn't fall into that category though.

Kind Regards
wez

3rd Jul 03 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

errr dont try and change the subject just because you got proven wrong - or didnt you download the video yet? - its too late anyhow - your the one who has made yourself look a complete nob - and you admit that you are infact having a go at me which just shows how jealous you really must be. I can understand it when your car looks like that.

and my original intentio nwas to talk about Dump valve setups on a D Turbo and Dturbo tuning to which some corsa owners have....yet again - u look the nob.

Kris TD

3rd Jul 03 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiviLion
quote:
Originally posted by wez
your really beginning to fuck me off being such a tard! Just because your car is a bag of shite with 13 inch alloys doesnt mean u have to take it out on everyone else - and as for your information i filmed the 0-60 run

HERE

right click and save as to view

now how much of a prick do you look!

the reason peugeot left it so lean was to keep insurance down and MPG up - but you wouldnt think of things like that to make a 34% increase in sales would you being so retarded and all.

LOL! Imagine resorting to ranting. Is it half term already?

To say my car is a bag of shite with 13 inch alloys is a bit OTT. This is a corsa forum after all and I don't see you as having paid for premium membership.

Why not go and visit frenchpish.com or similar where you could find like minded souls to talk about pug's all day.

BTW, it's 14" alloys. But changing them costs cash and won't make my car any quicker but credit to those who do decide to do that.

Also, I'm not having a go at you just because you claim to have a faster car than me. There are people on here with Punto GT's and pug 106 gti's which I freely admit are faster than mine.

Your car doesn't fall into that category though.

Kind Regards

i think it does to be honest, people dont mind admitting to petrols being faster, but when it comes down to diesels, oh no, they have to be slower. whiteflash has a 1.5 td running in the region of 110 bhp on this site. hes would most likely spank a 1.6 sport due to the fact its torque is immence.
LiviLion

3rd Jul 03 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wez
errr dont try and change the subject just because you got proven wrong - or didnt you download the video yet? - its too late anyhow - your the one who has made yourself look a complete nob

Do not try and change the subject just because you were proved wrong. Have you not downloaded the video yet?
It is too late anyhow as you are the one who has made himself look like a complete knob.

[Edited on 03-07-2003 by LiviLion]
wez

3rd Jul 03 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he cant even make sense - hes so angry at how pathetic he looks..
wez

3rd Jul 03 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its funny how in the other thread he put

"Pish. My corsa 1.6 16v Sport would piss all over your diesel shite. Your the one with the issues. Penis envy I believe it's called. I don't go around pretending my car is the fastest thing ever. It's standard so everyone knows the specs. "

he actually thought i was telling lies - now in future little boy, dont go criticising peoples claims because they might just catch you out like me.

LiviLion

3rd Jul 03 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wez
its funny how in the other thread he put

"Pish. My corsa 1.6 16v Sport would piss all over your diesel shite. Your the one with the issues. Penis envy I believe it's called. I don't go around pretending my car is the fastest thing ever. It's standard so everyone knows the specs. "

he actually thought i was telling lies - now in future little boy, dont go criticising peoples claims because they might just catch you out like me.

Thanks for the video. I've just fired it into my editor software and noticed that the car starts moving at 6.23 seconds into the clip. You can see it easier by watching the outside of the car. It's not camera judder either.

It also looks that you don't get to 60 until 17 seconds (difficult to tell exactly due to the camera angle).

That actually makes a 60 time of 10.77 seconds.

If you take 8.5 away from 17 you get 8.5 secs.

If you go 8.5 secs into the film then you are about to make your first gear change.

Could anyone confirm/deny this is in fact the case to back me up/prove me wrong.

I'll leave you with these wise words:

wez

3rd Jul 03 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what the fuck? if u notice to even WATCH the rev counter u can see i do a launch start! omg, you are such a tard. U think i start the 0-60 from when the video starts? twat..The revs hold at 3200rpm and then i take the handbrake off and shoot off - isnt it weird how the speedo suddenly starts SHOOTING up from standstill? theres no convincing your little mind - u really are a case, and anyone else who sees the video will just think "what a moron cant even tell a time from a video" - watch the rev counter nob!

LiviLion

3rd Jul 03 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wez
what the fuck? if u notice to even WATCH the rev counter u can see i do a launch start! omg, you are such a tard. U think i start the 0-60 from when the video starts? twat..The revs hold at 3200rpm and then i take the handbrake off and shoot off - isnt it weird how the speedo suddenly starts SHOOTING up from standstill? theres no convincing your little mind - u really are a case, and anyone else who sees the video will just think "what a moron cant even tell a time from a video" - watch the rev counter nob!

Very sorry, my fault entirely. Couldn't interpret what I was looking at. Makes me muppet #1.

As i've said in the other thread I apologise for doubting your times.

Nice motor.

LL
Tam the diesel man

3rd Jul 03 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

306 td's are fast with a bit of tuning, been in one with the boost up and a charge cooler. was very impressed, torque is amazing. it would have no trouble pissing all over a 1.4 16v
wez

3rd Jul 03 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats a standard corsa Gsi make to 60 ?
vibrio
Banned

3rd Jul 03 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is the spec of this 306 TD which does 0-60 in 8.5s
wez

3rd Jul 03 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

>>> over to other thread
DanielJ

3rd Jul 03 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u wudnt beat a gsi
wez

3rd Jul 03 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats 60 time on one ? arent they 109bhp? (i know they are light cars though)

DanielJ

3rd Jul 03 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

9.5 in book but wud get better than tha
vibrio
Banned

3rd Jul 03 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8.9s for a GSi
DanielJ

3rd Jul 03 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep

http://www.pcguk.co.uk/page425.html
wez

3rd Jul 03 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ukcar.com/sframe.htm?/carspecs/specificdet.asp?smid=3728

109bhp - 0-60 in 9 seconds (although i know the book times are usually wrong) so i aint far off if im gettin about 8.5 seconds myself with a passenger

but mines group 5 insurance, GSi is 10 and i still get 450 mile to the tank so its not all bad...

X3DOS

3rd Jul 03 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wez
the 306 dturbo standard to 60 is about 12 seconds.. an puts out 92bhp and 142lb of torque - with a free tuneup (which u can do if your mechanically minded) it shifts a lot quicker - after turnin the fuel and boost up mines is hittin 60 in 8.5 seconds - and that is a free tune, ie. cost no money. But a lot of people charge about £300 for this operation (van aaken) it only takes about an hour to do..

Just watched your 0-60 run, and if you stop the clock at about just past 60 and even start the clock at just when your moving its well over 10s!!! I times about 12s. 8.5....yeah ok

I added a K&N filter to my 1.1 nova and now it does 0-60 in 4.5s!
wez

3rd Jul 03 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another who doesnt time right, its a launch start - even Livion agreed after much denial he even went to the extent to open the movie in an editor to get a time, and if u watch the SPEEDO it doesnt even take off until i take the handbrake off, the movement is the car roll from revving clutch partially up and handbrake on which is about 0.2mph u go and try it on your car and see how much u move forward...u ever done a launch start? sounds like u havent..

vibrio
Banned

3rd Jul 03 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok looked at video. that car takes 10s to get to 60mph on the clock and 15s to get to 70mph. 30mph-70mph is 12s.
X3DOS

3rd Jul 03 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you need to get some Datron equipment rather than relying on a speedo to time yourself.....
wez

3rd Jul 03 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well in that case, all the other 14 people who have timed it are wrong then..
wez

3rd Jul 03 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was actually my mate filming who used a digi-timer in the car

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats fastest? 306dturbo or corsa 1.4 16v? 22 database queries in 0.2013209 seconds