corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The UFC thread

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The UFC thread
Hammer

User status: Offline
3rd Jul 10 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have visions of him spearing him against the cage as soon as the bell rings like the Herring one after he broke his orbital bone and sent him spinning backwards
scoob
Premium Member

4th Jul 10 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all that time in the gym must of paid off!
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Jul 10 at 13:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happened then as I couldnt watch it, fucking Sopcast MMA chanell was offline.
scoob
Premium Member

4th Jul 10 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar overcame a first-round hammering from Shane Carwin to prove his dominance over the sport - and his recovery from a near-fatal illness last year.

But Lesnar admitted he was lucky the fight had not been stopped after the ground and point he received from the previously unbeaten Carwin.

The 32-year-old was relentlessly battered by a fired-up Carwin during the opening round of their title clash in Las Vegas this morning, with Lesnar left bleeding at the interval.

But the former amateur and pro-wrestler turned MMA star took Carwin down at the start of the second round, and caught the Colorado native with an arm triangle choke that forced him to tap out.
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Jul 10 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have googled it myself really eh Cheers, sounds like Carwin put up a tough fight
scoob
Premium Member

4th Jul 10 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no worrys i had it open anyway was reading it myself!
Conway563

4th Jul 10 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was quite surprised it wasn't stopped in the first TBH but fair play to Brock he showed some good skill to sink on the choke
Was one of the best cards I've seen for a while, some real battles
Hammer

4th Jul 10 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was an excellent card. That's Brock now proven he has a chin and can submit people as well, have to admit though I thought he was done when Carwin had him on the ground.
strick206

5th Jul 10 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not 100% convinced his chin is all that good, carwin knocked him down pretty easily, he was very lucky to not have been stopped in that round when he was just covering

He's lucky his arms are so damn big that when he covered up it pretty much covered his whole head

The fight i most want to see is a rematch, i think Carwin will be much better prepared, one round and carwin was finished, he'll get proper conditioned for a rematch. Think it will happen, but not for a while
scoob
Premium Member

5th Jul 10 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brock will only get better that mans a machine.
Eck
Premium Member

5th Jul 10 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How Brock withstood that I do not know. I would say his chin is like Iron Strick Carwin's punching power is frightening and none else has been able to stand up to that amount of punches from him. Coming back from such a long time out, to take that much of a beating then win just shows Brock isn't human. I'm looking forward to seeing Carwin fight again though, as he's my kind of fighter. Goes for the knockout every time
Hammer

5th Jul 10 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the thing though a lot of people have been saying he's lucky the ref let it go but the ref told both of them previously (as all refs should do) they have 3 chances before it gets stopped. He clearly wasn't that hurt otherwise he wouldn't have came back in the second, got the full mount and locked in a triangle choke.

More refs should let it go, there's been far too many early stoppages recently where the guy being stopped stand back up right away and is ready to fight.
corsa - gus

7th Jul 10 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally agree there Hammer, I have seen time and time again fighters being stopped when there is a little blood. A burst lip/nose/minor cut should never cause a stoppage.
scoob
Premium Member

7th Jul 10 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anywere i can watch this? i didnt get to see the fight. cheers
Hammer

7th Jul 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mma core is your friend.
scoob
Premium Member

8th Jul 10 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers
Conway563

9th Jul 10 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bisping has signed to headline 120 against Akiyama in London in october, I'm gonna try and get myself along to this one
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/424775-the-top-10-feakshow-fights-in-mma-history#page/1
Conway563

26th Jul 10 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting, I'll look at the vid's I haven't seen later
Soon to added to with Bobby Lashley vs Dave Batista?

[Edited on 26-07-2010 by Conway563]
Hammer

26th Jul 10 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Batista

Why do people think because Lesnar was once a pro wrestler that means other pro wrestlers can make the transition?

Lesnar is a decorated amateur that just happened to be in WWE for a couple of years
Conway563

26th Jul 10 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Supposedly set for a Strikeforce PPV before the end of the year.
I've always thought Lashley stood a chance if he stopped worrying about being so bulky and looked to learn something other than GnP. Batista trying MMA is just a joke IMO

Hopefully Moosin will end up going bust soon. After the farce that was Pudzianowski Vs Sylvia they're now putting on Pudzianowski Vs Butterbean
Hammer

26th Jul 10 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even Lashley has an amateur background and is only 34, Batista is an old cripple that took lots of steroids
Conway563

26th Jul 10 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought Lashey was younger than that TBH but isn't Batista mid 40s? I look forward to him being put in against someone like Roger Gracie and having something broken

[Edited on 26-07-2010 by Conway563]
Hammer

26th Jul 10 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

41 but he is constantly injured and that is just with dummy fighting, I seriously doubt he'll even last a training camp.
Conway563

2nd Aug 10 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody else watch the Versus show last night? Jones looked awesome again, would love to see him fight Rashad but I know Evans is ducking that fight and has said he'll wait as long as it takes for Shogun to come back

Can see Paul Kelly vs Christmas here if anyone's interested. Once again wrestling dominates

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The UFC thread 23 database queries in 0.1032140 seconds