corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The UFC thread

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The UFC thread
Hammer

User status: Offline
13th Jun 10 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liddell is done for sure. Shame though, he looked in excellent shape coming into the fight.
Eck
Premium Member

13th Jun 10 at 15:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted for chuck. By far my favourite fighter.
Conway563

14th Jun 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like I might have been right
Conway563

16th Jun 10 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FLOL http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=4704

[Edited on 16-06-2010 by Conway563]
Hammer

29th Jun 10 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The emperor has fallen

Lesnar v Carwin is now even more significant, if that is possible. I hope Brock steamrollers him.
strick206

29th Jun 10 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to see Overeem in the UFC
Conway563

29th Jun 10 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
The emperor has fallen

Lesnar v Carwin is now even more significant, if that is possible. I hope Brock steamrollers him.

Was always going to happen fairly sooner IMO

I always liked Carwin but his persona has annoyed me in the build up to saturday so now I'm just hoping for a decent fight
Brock by GnP in the 2nd IMO

[Edited on 29-06-2010 by Conway563]
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Jun 10 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually looking forward to watching Lesnar, at first I thought he was a bit of a chump but the guy has serious talent. I think he will win quite easily, once he's on top it's game over.
Hammer

29th Jun 10 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love everything about the guy. He's possibly the most red blooded male walking the face of the planet. He only ate steak and potatoes, he only has a tv to watch hunting documentaries and he kills animals to eat them before shagging his playboy model wife on his ranch.

Add to that he is a 300lb monster that is as quick as a lightweight, he works harder than any MMA athlete and he is 100% box office draw with his comments both pre fight and post fight. Absolute legend
Eck
Premium Member

30th Jun 10 at 00:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fancy the man Paul? But you're correct, he is bordering on unnatural. I'll be staying up for this shiznit!
markx14xe

30th Jun 10 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ufc is ace
Hammer

30th Jun 10 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Fancy the man Paul? But you're correct, he is bordering on unnatural. I'll be staying up for this shiznit!

I think I actually might
Conway563

30th Jun 10 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I love everything about the guy. He's possibly the most red blooded male walking the face of the planet. He only ate steak and potatoes, he only has a tv to watch hunting documentaries and he kills animals to eat them before shagging his playboy model wife on his ranch.

Add to that he is a 300lb monster that is as quick as a lightweight, he works harder than any MMA athlete and he is 100% box office draw with his comments both pre fight and post fight. Absolute legend

Not sure I'd agree with that but everything else is right
The scary thing is he's still getting better
Conway563

30th Jun 10 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just spotted this for this weekend
scoob
Premium Member

30th Jun 10 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lesnar is one scary cunt i wouldnt want to be anywere near him when the roid rage kicks in.
Hammer

30th Jun 10 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
quote:

Not sure I'd agree with that but everything else is right
The scary thing is he's still getting better

There's certain American sports journalists that reckon he's the hardest working athlete period. He was supposedly in the gym 9 hours plus per day in the run up to the first Mir fight.
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Jun 10 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.totalprosports.com/2010/06/29/mma-fighter-dies-after-first-pro-bout/
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Jul 10 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://116.ufc.com/#/fightcard/

Predictions?
strick206

3rd Jul 10 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been watching the fights of lesnar and carwin, and if anyone has the chance to knock lesnar out it's carwin, i'm going to go for that as a result

No bets on it for me though, far too difficult, one thing i hope is that chris leben gets his faced smashed in, horrible cunt that he is
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Jul 10 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leben will get knocked out early on I think, I stil lthink Lesnar will win. Carwin has big KO power but so does Lesnar, he is relentless, he will go in all guns blazing and try to take him down and finish it straight off.
Conway563

3rd Jul 10 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lesnar and Akiyama win for me, others are too close to call IMO
I'm really looking forward to Soszynski vs Bonnar though. Hopefully it carries on where it left off in Australia
Hammer

3rd Jul 10 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon Leben will get battered but he has a punchers chance as well.

I hope Lesnar just takes him to the mat in the first round and pounds his face same as he did to Mir second time round, if he stands and tries to prove he can box with Carwin he's a sitting duck.

The strangest thing about Carwin is his knockouts all come from short, sharp hooks or jabs there's no looping punches or upper cuts you'd normally see from a knockout artist. You'd suspect Lesnar's gameplan will be not to get into a dirty boxing match with him.
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Jul 10 at 14:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there any question about Lesnars health though after everythign that has happened?
Hammer

3rd Jul 10 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you listen to him and his camp nah but common sense would say if you've not fought for a year and spent a fortnight being fed intravenously with your life on the line then it must take some toll.

I hope not right enough.
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Jul 10 at 14:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I's be disapointed if he didnt come out with the same charisma/stamina and must win attitude that he always has, it will be interesting to see if he takes it easy for a round or 2.

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The UFC thread 23 database queries in 0.2049341 seconds