corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » questions about 2.0 8v

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author questions about 2.0 8v
Crana

User status: Offline
19th Nov 09 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right got a few questions are the conversion of a 12v with no PAS to a 2.0 8v with no PAS

What body type is mine? 1 or 2? for the mounts

can i use the charging loom off the 12v engine? because the loom I have has no charging loom with it..

anyone one got any step by step guides for the conversion?

Cheers
Ste
Premium Member

20th Nov 09 at 05:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd assume it is similar to fitting a 16v so have a look in tutorials.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Crana

20th Nov 09 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate I've read it and was just wondering if there was any more tutorials

Also was looking at my engine today and noticed it had the feeds for an oil cooler... Do I have to run one or can I just blank it off?
Ste
Premium Member

21st Nov 09 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can remove the oil cooler take off and fit a shorter stud from a non oil cooled engine. then you screw your filter on as normal

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Crana

21st Nov 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so the oil cooler will not benefit the engine much I take it?

New Poll