corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FK Coilovers, Corsa B, Camber out?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FK Coilovers, Corsa B, Camber out?
moka

User status: Offline
6th Nov 09 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

me and a mate (kazazza on here) just fit FK front coilovers to my corsa. Ive fit springs and shocks many times to Corsa B's in the past and not had many problems. The camber seems to be out on one of the wheels loads? I didnt think these were camber adjustable? Does anyone know if they are? If so, where do i adjust it?

One wheel is straight (drivers side) the other is slightly to the left and after taking it to a garage thinking it was tracking they said its not, it looks like the camber is out. They didnt have camber adjusters there so couldnt do it. I took it to another place who did but they said there not sure ?!??!?!

The coilover on the passenger side is nearly touching the wheel they said.

Drives pissed.
89RYz

6th Nov 09 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The two bottom bolts on the knuckle. The top one shud be elongated. U need to loosen off the top bolt and pull the shock the way you need the camber to be adjusted (positive or negative). Then tighten the bolt back up. If that makes sense
moka

6th Nov 09 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it the bolt hole or the bolt itself? as the bolts are standard bolts?
redtom

6th Nov 09 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bolt hole is elongated so you can move it in and out, adjusting camber. need to get it set up or will need spacers and run full negative each way to get you by so atleast they are the same each side.
moka

6th Nov 09 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads, gna give this a go in a bit.
moka

6th Nov 09 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just tried adjusting the camber, i know what you mean now.

I cannot get it so there is enough clearance between the wheels and the coilover... how do people get round this? Do you set all both fully negative? What are the downsides of this?
steve-aoc

7th Nov 09 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got janspeed coilovers, had to put small spacers on the wheels, did have it set to -2 camber but it wears the tyres out quick, however nothing can touch you round corners, got a garage to adjust it on a laser alinement so they are perfect and i got no rubbing however as its so low i now get a bit of a rub on big bumps on the inner arches but nothing to bad.
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

7th Nov 09 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will need spacers to sort the clearance issue with the FK coilovers if you are using vauxhall offset wheels and 195 tyres, or you'll just have to wind the coilovers up untill the tyre doesn't catch.

Found that lower offset wheels and narrower tyres can give you more clearance between shock/spring and the wheel

or you could remove the smaller helper spring as this would be what is catching if your using FK highsports

As for the camber, you will need to set both sides up equally so the wheel sits straight & true and make sure the bolts are done up super tight. I'd also reccomend gettign the tracking checked once everything is fitted and set to the height you want

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events

New Poll