corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Remote central locking

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Remote central locking
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   21st Oct 09 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to add REMOTE central locking to my car. Atm it had central locking operated by key but i hate seraching for a key hole in darkness

Just wondering if anyone used this kit of ebay:
Ebay link

I used Hawk before and it did it job... but dunno about this one?

Thanks

Edit: looking at the box looks like its a HAwk one aswell? but nothing in the add about the brand.

[Edited on 21-10-2009 by daymoon]
AlunJ

21st Oct 09 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fitted a kit to my old B which had key operated central locking so it would work by remote, and that was relatively easy, just wire up the remote central locking ecu to the existing central locking ecu in the drivers kick panel.
The wiring itself was a bit hit and miss, but I got it to unlock/lock on the one button somehow which did the job for me.
I used a microscan kit

[Edited on 21-10-2009 by AlunJ]
daymoon
Premium Member

21st Oct 09 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i am not worried about wiring it in really. My dad has an electronics degree and works with wires all day long so that shouldn't bea problem

just wondering if that kit is any good.
AlunJ

21st Oct 09 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well don't know if that one is any good, my microscan one was alright. Recently fitted a full hawk remote central locking kit to my brothers poverty spec b and that's pretty good, I'm sure they do a addon for key operated central locking as well don't they?
daymoon
Premium Member

21st Oct 09 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
well don't know if that one is any good, my microscan one was alright. Recently fitted a full hawk remote central locking kit to my brothers poverty spec b and that's pretty good, I'm sure they do a addon for key operated central locking as well don't they?

i can't remember which kit i bought as it was twoyears ago but it was one with remote locking. i think i still have two motors for CL somewhere i slightly messed up with bending the rods and then could tighten up the screws so CL wouldnt work with a key but was fine with a fob
AlunJ

21st Oct 09 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gawd those rods are an absolute bastard to get right! Managed to get the passenger door one going fine after fighting with it, but the drivers door one isn't 100%
kazazza

23rd Oct 09 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just got that exact kit! Having some trouble finding the right wires to connect it to, here's my post if anyone has any ideas

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=524426
bubble

23rd Oct 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

problem with adding rcl to a corsa b, is that it then wont deadlock your car, as the deadlock runs from a mechanical cam gear. if you dont have deadlocks now operated of the door key, then buy a cdl kit.

kazazza

23rd Oct 09 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not too bothered about it not deadlocking tbh, just want rcl. Any ideas on how it should be wired up bubble? (see my post: http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=524426)
bubble

23rd Oct 09 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does the car have any locking now of the key, or do you have to manually lock the doors?
kazazza

23rd Oct 09 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive already got central locking yeah.
bubble

23rd Oct 09 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kazazza
Ive already got central locking yeah.

been a few years since done one, but if you already got cdl, its a case of fitting the control box, with positive and negative, and having wires from that box into door. you may be able to tap into the microswitch for the deadlock cam gear so that when you use remote fob it deadlocks straight away.

kazazza

23rd Oct 09 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks, the fitting instructions Ive got look quite simple if I could just figure out which wires are the 'up, down and commonline'. Do you have any ideas what colour each one would be? Ive got some pics and some more info on the thread ive made about this if u want to check it out. Thanks for your help mate.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=524426

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Remote central locking 22 database queries in 0.0145350 seconds