corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion

New Poll
  <<  33    34    35    36    37    38    39  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion
MarkSport

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 10 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1123369.htm

should have bought that
MarkSport

22nd Jul 10 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the lighting problem.Isn't there no like sons lights you can get which are low volt?

tried neweysonline.co.uk?
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
http://pistonheads.com/sales/1123369.htm

They probably dont have 30k lying around I prefer the current build anyway, it's more personal.
Ste
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah ours is designed and built to be exactly what we need. That thing is tiny! It's looking more and more like we are going for two pairs of 7" fog lights on the poles with 4300k HID. 35 watts for one and a half times more light than 500w 240v halogen floods.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ste
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This week we have got more carpeting done. the rear bunks are as good as finished now.

More carpet in the pod and around the cab. (i'll get pics tomorrow!)

Galved the rear steps and riveted the ally on.

you like?

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ste
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW. they roll in for transport and will eventually be powered by a pneumatic actuator

DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pimp anymore recent interior pics Ste?
Ste
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I'll take a load tomorrow. I've proper fucked my phone on this job. keep getting it out to take pics and it's covered in paint, glue and the speakers are full of grinder dust so it sounds shit too. I generally leave it in the garage now. I'll deffo do some though. before i get my hands dirty!

DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of interest, will the full van be getting resprayed? would it not be cheaper to vinyl wrap most of it, seeing as you could do it yourself now?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
BTW. they roll in for transport and will eventually be powered by a pneumatic actuator

Flash gits
Ste
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Out of interest, will the full van be getting resprayed? would it not be cheaper to vinyl wrap most of it, seeing as you could do it yourself now?

Painting is cheaper and looks better imo

DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much will it cost to paint the full thing?
Ste
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£2.5k but it will make the resale value more than if it was wrapped

DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True, not a bad price actually, I though it would be around 4k.
Ste
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it would be for a metallic. that is for base white

Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Jul 10 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mark, that Mercedes is a nice job but it's smaller, sleeps less people, is older, doesn't look like it has cab access from the back so you can't therefore travel in the back legally, lockers are smaller, doors are smaller.

Oh and it costs more than twice what we're spending!
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But other than that it's spot on
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus there is far more satisfaction in what you're doing rather than buying one, imo anyway as at the end it will be totally custom to your needs, not another one around like it.
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Jul 10 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And you get to learn how to do it, which means Project X2 will be somewhat more mazin
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You must have allready known how to do a lot of it though as it looks professional, if I attempted the same it would be a right death trap.
MarkSport

22nd Jul 10 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah fair points there mate.I must admit i love this project.
deano87

22nd Jul 10 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to say this is proper epic.
Bonney

23rd Jul 10 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Needs some sort of wheel trims putting on to smarten the wheels i think like these

Lorry wheel trims

[Edited on 23-07-2010 by Bonney]
Mark B

23rd Jul 10 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im a coachbuilder to trade doing similar stuff like use exept to fire engines and i must say use are doing a shithot job
Ste
Premium Member

24th Jul 10 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some interior pics.

Quality of the photography is a bit pants due to the light but you get the general idea I hope.

Oven works great

<<  33    34    35    36    37    38    39  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion 24 database queries in 0.2022340 seconds