corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Vauxhall Astra 1.8 16v CD. The End!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall Astra 1.8 16v CD. The End!
Bonney

User status: Offline
15th Oct 09 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got this the other week, Got it for a few hundred quid as it needed some work.

Done all the work now, just a few little bits to sort then its ok. Had to put a complete new exhaust on, a good service, new battery, new numberplates and a new set of tyres.

The alloys that are on it wern't on when i got it, it had vectra c wheeltrims with steelies on, So got the alloys with 4 nearly new good year tyres on for £40. Bargain!

Then today when I got home, Fitted the debadged grille to it. What a pain in the arse!

Before

After

Just going to try and find a spoiler for the back and a set of mudflaps and thats it for a bit.

[Edited on 31-07-2010 by Bonney]

[Edited on 17-11-2010 by Bonney]

[Edited on 02-01-2011 by Bonney]

[Edited on 08-01-2011 by Bonney]

[Edited on 27-02-2011 by Bonney]
daymoon
Premium Member

15th Oct 09 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i take it its a keeper? looks like a decent motor!
Bonney

15th Oct 09 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will keep hold of it until I see something else. For all the work i've done, might as well get my moneys worth.
Charlton

16th Oct 09 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want that number plate, my first names Adam looks smart mate
Bonney

16th Oct 09 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unsure if it is a personalised one, Will wait till the logbook comes through, can't remembe seeing anything tho!
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

16th Oct 09 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perfect base for a track car, just ask Will and jr
Bonney

23rd Oct 09 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Numberplate wasn't personalised. Shame really as i could have made some money on it
Bonney

26th Oct 09 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Added an Arthur Daley car sticker the other day. Just for a bit of fun. Similar to this one (Not got a pic of it as its dark outside)

Also re attached the sideskirts as they decided to come off (With the help of a preassure washer).

Used some self tappers and some of this.

Held on better than the factory! The clips were all broken, and the ones I found in the scrappys were also broken

[Edited on 26-10-2009 by Bonney66]
Rich H

26th Oct 09 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look forward to seeing the updates on this. Why did you get rid of the Ibiza in favour of this though?

What did you find hard to do with the grille? 10 min job on my ex gf's car lol.
Bonney

26th Oct 09 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Ibiza was going anyway to make way for the bike. Just got this as a cheap runaround. Kind of regret it, But i've got my eye on a replacement for it.

With the grille,None of the screw holes on the new grille would align up with the holes on the bonnet. Think out of the 8 that are on only 4 have screws on. Used a spot of tigerseal on the corners and centre just to make sure.

The easiest part was the bonnet pull tad mod. Took less time than fitting and messing with the grille
Bonney

27th Oct 09 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went into the loft last night looking for parts off the ibiza to put on ebay and came across this.

Shame it's for a saxo, But it didn't stop me adapting it to fit. Simply taped the hole up where the breather pipe slotted in and away we go!

Bit of a cheap mod as i was given it just after i got rid of the saxo.
Bonney

5th Dec 09 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not updated this in a while, Well because I sort og give up on it.

Took the k&n off as it did my head in.

Then the sideskirts decided to fall off. Stuck them back on but there is a gap around them that needs sorting. Also need 2 front inner arches fitting as these are smashed. Got 2 from the scrappy just need to get some new clips and fit them.

Just won some smoked headlights on ebay so will get them fitted when I get the chance. If i have the money maybe i'll get some HIDs in there aswell. Trying to find a set of the smoked rear lights cheap now.

Lights are similar to these.

Also bidding on a set of vaux mudflaps and an irmscher rear spoiler.

And trying to find a cheap CD player as the one in it is a bit tempromental.
Bonney

6th Dec 09 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a new CD player. Was only a few quid of a mate, But its miles better than what was in there.

Bonney

27th Dec 09 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=534278
Bonney

1st Apr 10 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is ending up to be one of them give up, then start again projects.

Started to do a bit to it now, Got a few bits to do on it tomorrow.

Got a new set of standard headlights after getting messed around with the GSI smoked ones. Got my money back off them.

Also got a set of HIDs to go in. Got them in 5000k and got the adapters for the bulbs to save a load of chopping of the standard bulb holders.

On the lookout for a new front bumper after someone hitting it on a car park and knocking it off, a drivers door as there are a few dents in it (Either that or repair it) and a rear spoiler.

Also trying to find a new set of wheels for it, Can't decide on either some aftermarket ones or a set of vectra SRI wheels. Also going to lower it slightly at some point!
Bonney

3rd Apr 10 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres how far I am with it so far.

Fitted the new headlights after what it looked like someone had attacked it with a DA sander, they had gone yellow and the brackets where broken.

Before

After

Also fitted the new exhaust I went and picked up the other night. Wanted one of the irmscher "double D's" but couldnt find a decent one cheap. Found this piper one on AOC so i got it. Has a nice sound to it, and i think it looks ok

Fitted a new set of Aero wipers as the old ones were past it

And here is the big part for the moment. Had enough of the wood effect centre console, So went to the scrapyard and got a new centre. Couldn't find a one peice one so had to stick to one of the two.

Here it is in primer

And after paint. Went for Rover amythest grey in the end

Got to flattern it off, put a couple of coats of laquer on it and polish it up yet.

Next plans are to lower it slightly, Find and paint a set of vectra SRI wheels (Cant think of a colour yet), Find and fit a spoiler, also try to decide on a front splitter.
Bonney

4th Apr 10 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flatted and laqured the centre console today, will polish it up later on tonight ready to fit it tomorrow. Pretty chuffed with the way it turned out.

Gave the calipers a paint with some red caliper paint I had lying around. Done this because (Personally) I think it will go well with the new wheels and wheel colour I have planned for it.

Also de-badged the rear of the car. Just need to get hold of a mop to give it a good going over. Can still see the badges in some angles.

Waiting on a new ballast for the HIDs as they sent me out a broken one. Should be here in the next couple of days.
Bonney

4th Apr 10 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, got bored just been sat around, So I fitted the centre console. Looks miles better than the wood effect, Heres a pic of how it is now.

Just got to think of getting a new gear knob now

[Edited on 04-04-2010 by Bonney]
Bonney

11th Apr 10 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, The car broke down on me

The waterpump has started to rattle its nuts off so its going in to have that done on tuesday.

But on the plus side, Picked up a new set of wheels yesterday and have started to refurb them.

Got a set of Vectra B SRI Wheels similar to these.

Also got a set of the wheel nut caps that are on the corsa C and a set of genuine vauxhall locking wheel nuts off ebay for less than £10. Bargain!

Unsure of what colour to do them yet, Still swaying towards a dark grey/anthricite colour. Will be doing the backs black (Will be less brake dust to see I hope!)

Next before PVS, I'll be looking for some lowering springs and a rear spoiler.
Bonney

14th Apr 10 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a scrapyard bargain today.

Got one of the Irmscher/SRI spoiler in the exact same colour as my car for the sum of £10

Will be fitting it at the weekend.

Also had the waterpump, cambelt, aux belt and a full service done toady. £180 lighter but it was well worth it

[Edited on 14-04-2010 by Bonney]
Mark.W

14th Apr 10 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car will look nice with the new wheels and spoiler on mate
Bonney

15th Apr 10 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks, Hope so. Been trying to do as much as i can as cheap as possable!
Bonney

15th Apr 10 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted the spoiler tonight,

Then tomorrow im going to be taking the new wheels to have the tyres taken off and get a few prices for either powder coating or to be painted. See which works out to be the cheapest
Bonney

17th Apr 10 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gave the car a good clean today inside and out.

Basically hoovered and washed the seats down, done the dash trim and seats, then wet vacced it all.

Then washed the outside and gave it a polish with the megs 3 stage polish, tyre shine and autoglym bumper care.

Anyway heres the pics.

Bonney

1st May 10 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decided against using the Vectra SRI wheels, as to do them how I wanted would cost too much. Also I seen an Astra with them on and didn't like the way they looked.

Nipped into the scrapyard yesterday as I remembered there was an Astra SRI in there (What I got the spoiler off) so I went and looked and the wheels where still there. Went and weighed the old wheels in then got the new wheels.

So here's how it looks now. I know it looks like any standard SRI/SXI, But its better than how it looked.

Was also a bit cheeky and took the SRI badges off the scrapper and put them on mine

Got a set of light brows and fitted them. Will get them painted when I have the new bumper done.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Vauxhall Astra 1.8 16v CD. The End! 23 database queries in 0.1942420 seconds