corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Vauxhall Astra 1.8 16v CD. The End!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall Astra 1.8 16v CD. The End!
Bonney

User status: Offline
14th Aug 10 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started on colour coding the door handles. Went to the scrap yard this morning and got a full set of door handles, A new headlight switch with the front and rear to replace the grubby looking one i had, a couple of headlight motors, some window switches and a new petrol filler flap for the sum of £10. Bargain!!!

Going to be using the window switches and headlight switch to convert them to blue LEDs, The headlight motors are for the new set of headlights i am looking for (Saves time when fitting!) and the petrol filler cap I am going to try and smooth it flat...Hopefully!

Here is some pics of the handles how they are upto now. Gave them 3 coats of plastic primer, 2 coats of colour and 3 coats of laquer. Just letting them dry off overnight.

All stripped and cleaned.

With the primer on

All painted and laquered

[Edited on 14-08-2010 by Bonney]
Bonney

15th Aug 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put all the handles together and fitted them this morning. Also gave the car a good going over with some Poorboys black hole and some Auto Glym high definition wax.

Corsa_Sport21

15th Aug 10 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good with the extra goodies.Only thing i think looks out of place is the tyres.They look pretty chunky.

Ive done about 4 sets of headlights now.Seriously,buy a set from the scrappies and do them yourself.They look just as good and take about 20mins to do them.Only pisser is having to drop the bumper to get them out but thats easy too.
Bonney

15th Aug 10 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still undecided on the wheels at the minute, Looking to get another set soon!

The headlights are a bit knackered, The adjustment doesn't work, one points skyward and the other towards oncoming traffic. Would be easier to just get another set!
Ryan_G1

16th Aug 10 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney
Numberplate wasn't personalised. Shame really as i could have made some money on it

You can still sell it even if it isnt a personalised plate
Bonney

16th Aug 10 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pic of the toys together!

Also going to pick up a full SRI interior at the weekend.
Bonney

21st Aug 10 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picked up the SRI interior today and fitted it as soon as i got back!

Heres what it was like before, Very pipe and slippers

And here it is now.

Just need to fit the door cards. The seats are so much more comfortable than the old ones, With the added bonus of lumbar support and the base which can be moved outwards.

Then fitted a set of white clocks. Just need to change the mileage to what it was on my old clocks and turn the airbag light off.

Hope you all like!!!
Corsa_Sport21

21st Aug 10 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Miles better with those seats.I have the same seats as what was in yours in my Mk4 and they are back breakers.Like sitting on deck chairs.

How do you change the mileage??I need to do mine after i fitted the white dial cluster.Only know how to get rid of the INSP,and need the mileage upped to match whats on the car.
Bonney

21st Aug 10 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need a copy of Op-com to do it. Ordered one off ebay to do it. Also to turn the air bag light, and the EML light (Which came on after the pic was taken) and programme a key.

As for the old seats, My back is still knackering after the trip to Birmingham to pick the lot up. (Was an ebay bargain)

[Edited on 21-08-2010 by Bonney]
Corsa_Sport21

21st Aug 10 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm my mate has Op-com so will go see him about doing it for me.I thought it can only be done on Tech2.

Im on the hunt for some Sri/Sxi seats but nothings came up localish so far.
Bonney

21st Aug 10 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

None came up near me, So I ended up travelling for them.

Op-com is the same as tech-2, But I think it's the modern version of it or a copy.
Bonney

25th Aug 10 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a copy of Op com and a lead. Have reset the mileage to match the old clocks (Plus what i have been doing since they were fitted added on), Also reset the EGR fault codes and the airbag light. Best thing i have purchased!

Also blanked off the EGR valve and it seems to run alot smoother and throttle response seems a litttle more lively!

Still on the lookout for some GSI Headlights as the courier has lost the set i ordered
corsaadzy

26th Aug 10 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice to see you changed the gear knob finally with the interior
Jamie-C

26th Aug 10 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you reset the mileage with Op Com? Bought some white clocks for mine and the seller said they were on 12000 when he took them out. Want to knock it back down to what the car is.

U2U if you don't mind
ChrisBoom

26th Aug 10 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Op-Com is awesome, one of the best tools Ive ever bought for mine, can go pretty much everything tech2 does.
Bonney

26th Aug 10 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsaadzy, The gearknob will be changed again soon, Can't decide what to though!

Jamie-C, U2U'd about the milage correction via op-com. Any troubles let me know and i will be happy to try and help

ChrisBoom, I was a little dubious about it at first but after using it, Its about the best thing i have got for the car. Will save so much time if the EML light comes on for any reason. It's already payed for itself if you take into account how much a garage would have charged to do the work!
Bonney

27th Aug 10 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ordered a new richbrook gearknob, A new set of gear and handbrake gaitors (Black with red piping), Chrome heater rings and speedo rings and a set of interior LEDs. (White dial, red MFD and Heater control and door switch buttons and steering controls in blue. Will hopefully be a bit better than all one colour)

Still on the lookout for some tinted headlights!

[Edited on 27-08-2010 by Bonney]
Bonney

28th Aug 10 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a chrome boot strip off a coupe put on. Not to everyones tastes but i think it breaks it all up a bit.

marklawton

29th Aug 10 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks nice with the coupe strip on it
Bonney

31st Aug 10 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, Here we go.

The misssus said that i musn't spend another penny or do anything else to the car or she's gone!

Well, Heres my new gearknob and gear gaitors. Also did the surround in that 3m ni-doc i had left over from the mirror covers.

Last time I seen her, She was walking out the door
Jamie-C

31st Aug 10 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chrome strip is a nice touch!
Rich H

31st Aug 10 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Much improved over how it used to look! Wheels still don't look right imo though - just don't suit it really

I also don't know how you can put up with the drivers door being the wrong colour Would drive me nuts!
Bonney

31st Aug 10 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Much improved over how it used to look! Wheels still don't look right imo though - just don't suit it really

I also don't know how you can put up with the drivers door being the wrong colour Would drive me nuts!

Trying for some GSI Snowflakes. But when i have the money for them they turn up for sale in threes!

Beleive me, It is!

Waiting for my Dad to fit it in work to get it done. Need the corner of the rear bumper doing on the same side as its scuffed right down to the plastic. Was only a cheap job to hide the bad dents that were there.
Bonney

1st Sep 10 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted the chrome heater rings and the speedo dial rings today. Also one of the new headunit I got that supprots the steering wheel controls.

And fitted the White speedo LEDs off a user on AOC. Gone for another colour for the Heater dials and the MFD and a different colour again for the switches. All will be revealed!

Pete_vxl

1st Sep 10 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so have you taken advantage of changing your mileometer with op com then? or is the above photo a demo of what the lights look like?

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Vauxhall Astra 1.8 16v CD. The End! 23 database queries in 0.0182300 seconds