corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Our new(ish) house thread... Garden started on finally

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Our new(ish) house thread... Garden started on finally
Cavey

User status: Offline
20th Oct 09 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha, yeah, i'll run them under and tape them to the back wall and make them aware of it, not got a system yet, but know where the TV is going to go, and where i'll want the speakers, so it'll be good to get it all setup and looking clean
Cavey

11th Dec 09 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A-ha... found my thread...

update on my situation if anyone cares, know Johnny has asked me when i've not been on MSN about it...

Got turned down on our Halifax mortgage because my work is only 25hrs contracted, even though for 20 months i've worked 40 hours a week, that wasn't acceptable for them, so was rejected, meaning we lost out on the £350ish valuation fee, and a decent rate.

Have just been provisionally agreed, pending another valuation survey with RBS, they've seen my paperwork and agreed to the mortgage. So as soon as the valuation is done, we will get the official offer and FINALLY get 'moving' on the right track towards our house.

Looking at the moment like it'll be end of Jan, but hoping for earlier, at the end of the day, we started all this in July, so another month isn't much hassle as long as we get the outcome we want eventually
dannymccann

11th Dec 09 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks massive for a newbuild The dressing room is brilliant, shame your kitchen suffers the same problem as ours - even in bright daylight it still looks dark because the window isnt big enough
Cavey

11th Dec 09 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it's a bit dark, isn't as bad in real life tho. Doesn't help that it's got the garage opposite it either i guess. It is a fair size, getting excited again now that we've finally made a bit of progress on it.

Still not sure on the dressing room, it's a good idea but the cupboards go back a metre and a half on the slope. Seems a bit of a waste. Will be a few years before we can afford to do anything about it tho.

I'm sure we'll grow to like it.
Colin

13th Dec 09 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What sort of interest rates are you being offered?

We narrowly missed out on a great rate (under 5%) due to them needing to put the cash down before we would have been ready. Got another one accepted at 5.74%.......not great but it was an offer!! That was in July time, theres better on offer now but I think were too late to start looking elsewhere as were due for completion on Thursday!!

Cavey

13th Dec 09 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We got turned down on 4.79, i think. But now looking at 5.79 i think. Not 100% sure on the rate just got told the amount we will be paying per month. That's the important figure for us!

Good to see you should be in for xmas as planned!
Cavey

23rd Dec 09 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the official written offer agreeing us on our mortgage today, but we've gotta wait till bloody Jan 4th till the solicitors get back!

Fixed for 3 yrs at 5.59, £642 a month. That's manageable, just want to get it sorted now, good news just before xmas tho
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

23rd Dec 09 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That still on £123k mortgage? Who's that with if don't mind me asking?

Nice house Cavey, I almost bought one but decided was in far to rough part of town for where I wanted to spend £xxxk

Be keeping an eye on progress, bet you can't wait.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Cavey

24th Dec 09 at 05:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, still £123k mortgage with RBS.

We could of gone to the outskirts, and a rougher area and got it a fair bit cheaper, but we're paying more for the nicer area.

There's a primary school on the estate, a nice little play area, 5 mins from the park, and 10 mins walk from gfs work, so all good really.

Yeah, can't wait now, but still not over excited, it's taken so fucking long to get to this point, think it'll only really hit me when we finally get a completion date, and I can see it carpetted etc...

End of Jan/Start of Feb with a bit of luck, fingers crossed and all that!
Cavey

15th Jan 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently they wanted us completing for the end of Jan, but that's looking unlikely now.

But i've got 2 weeks off work from the 10th Feb, which seems a realistic date, so hopefully we'll be in for then!

Had to pay £1k deposit for carpets the other day, that was painful, but they're being fitted on tuesday next week, so will be getting more pics then, will look like a proper house finally!

Then the week after the curtains, blinds and rails are getting sorted, more pics then as well, will be pretty much ready for us to move finally!
Root

17th Jan 10 at 04:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
(girlfriends gran again...)

i'd tap it
_Allan_

17th Jan 10 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
i'd tap it

O RLY?

Cavey

17th Jan 10 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

genius!
Root

17th Jan 10 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol nice ceiling cat
Cavey

2nd Feb 10 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok.... so... carpets are down, Curtains etc... are going up on Wednesday, and the solicitor phoned today to say we should complete on the 18th Feb, at the latest, and that they're asking to get it earlier for us, as i'm off work on the 10th for 2 weeks, so would help out a lot settling in etc...

So fingers crossed, we should have the keys for Valentines weekend, or around that time.

Finally.
Conway563

3rd Feb 10 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congrats Cavey, looks good
Cavey

3rd Feb 10 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will get some photo's tomorrow of the carpetted and curtained rooms, should be a nice improvement from the last pictures I posted
Nath

3rd Feb 10 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
quote:
Originally posted by Root
i'd tap it

O RLY?

Cavey

4th Feb 10 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right... quite a lot of pics of the house now!

Hallway from the living room

Couple of the curtains, really nice fit to the floor

Main bathroom

En suite

The tiling in the bathrooms (obviously not real tiles, but they look really good!)

Curtain rails in the remainder of the rooms - Only got curtains in the living room and the blinds in kitchen and bedroom at the moment, the other rooms can wait till we've got some money

The fridge freezer we get with the place

Blinds in the kitchen, look really nice with the silver floor and the worktop

Ceiling cat has a door now!

Cavey

18th Feb 10 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moving in tomorrrow

Got to pick up a Van in the morning, load it, go up late morning, do all the change over stuff, get the keys, unload the van, then get back here, load again, etc... possibly 3 trips, but shouldn't be too bad, then get to Ikea, pick up all the stuff we want from there, then get the van back for 830 tomorrow morning, and spend the day sorting out the house, till 1, then play hockey, come home and sort more stuff out.

Can't wait!
Colin

18th Feb 10 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You seem to get a lot included, curtains, flooring, fridge etc?

Good luck for tomorrow, you'll be fooked by the end of the day!!
Cavey

18th Feb 10 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Included? I wish, We paid extra from Miller for them! Well except the Fridge/Freezer, that was in the price.

Thing is we got it for 190k, next door is identical, but a mid-terrace, with a smaller garden and went for £198k. Just because we're the closest to the main road it was £8k cheaper, so spent some of that difference on the extras Can't hear the road once you're inside anyway

Wanted it all done for when we move in, so paid a pretty penny for it all. All we gotta do is move our stuff in now, and not worry about flooring etc...

[Edited on 18-02-2010 by Cavey]
Colin

18th Feb 10 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right I see. Cost our builder wanted for stuff like tiles etc was mental!!

Still weird getting a fridge freezer included!!
Cavey

18th Feb 10 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, we paid £4.5k for it fully carpetted, the curtain rails, the blinds in the kitchen, the blind in the bedroom. It is 3 floors, so the only other quote I got for carpets was about the same price anyway.

So pretty expensive, but we couldn't be arsed sorting it out ourselves essentially, it's our first place and wanted it all sorted for when we moved in so we didn't have to worry about it.

Miller obviously knew the exact layout of the house, and knew exactly what was required so we thought it was worth paying the extra for the less hassle.

Future houses when i've got more time/energy to do stuff then maybe not, but we're not planning on moving for a while now anyway
Colin

18th Feb 10 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Persimmon wanted more money to tile just the kitchen & utility than what its cost to buy the materials to do that & 3 bathrooms & a tile splashback & buy a super duper tile cutter workbench thing . Carpets were twice what a local carpet fitter done them for as well, I stopped short of enquiring about any other extras.

I can see the appeal to just want to walk in with it all done though, deffo a huge stress you can be doing without, I think ive got about 100 ongoing projects on all at once But ive got plenty spare time to get stuck in so it suits me really. I'd guess we can save around £5k by doing the lot ourselves, which if loaded onto our mortgage over x amount of years would be a lot.

Anyway good luck for tomorrow, hope it goes to plan, it bloody started snowing the day we moved, was a nightmare!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll