corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Extension - Progress thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Extension - Progress thread
Fad

User status: Offline
8th Oct 09 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
as soon as it becomes detached it is a whole different ball game

a granny flat may be possibile depending on local planning policy

Deffo but you can often play the system too.

We got over this for one of our clients. We made a planning application for demolition of a seperate garrage and rebuild into a storage facility.

We then coverted it and put in all the required ventilation etc to comply with habitable building regs. Then resubmitted the planning application for a change of use as the "storage was not being used" then was granted after a lot of oposition but if we didn't go down this route we never would of been granted permission to convert it to a self contained flat
Cosmo

8th Oct 09 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a risky way of doing it though.

I know in the past around our way, they just would not of given it permission at all.
a_j_mair

8th Oct 09 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
as soon as it becomes detached it is a whole different ball game

a granny flat may be possibile depending on local planning policy

Deffo but you can often play the system too.

We got over this for one of our clients. We made a planning application for demolition of a seperate garrage and rebuild into a storage facility.

We then coverted it and put in all the required ventilation etc to comply with habitable building regs. Then resubmitted the planning application for a change of use as the "storage was not being used" then was granted after a lot of oposition but if we didn't go down this route we never would of been granted permission to convert it to a self contained flat

Often depends on the planner dealing with it. We have 1 in particular in one of our local authorities who is a complete nightmare

he will tell you he doesnt like the design, so ask him what he doesnt like and what changes he may forsee, his answer is normally "that is your job as the architect to design something"

yes you fucken moron we have designed an extension that meets all criteria for both planning authoritie and our clients needs and also looks good

he wants to design the bloody things for us then goes and puts stupid pointless conditions in the approvals

Dealing with the local authorities is so much fun
Fad

8th Oct 09 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know one of our clients is hated by Lambeth Council and every development he does really gets hammered by oposition.

Cosmo we wouldnt do it before consulting the local UDP and then process forwards if we were confident we had a good case

I love making planning look stupid durring hearings and when copying in the Planning inspectorate
M2RTY

8th Oct 09 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a peice of land next to me (the bottom 1/6th of someones garden) that is 20ft high in bushes/weeds etc. Its at the bottom of her garden (old women) and never used.

It has a huge 80ft odd tree in it, would love to give her a few hundred quid for the land as she never uses it and build a garage on it. realistic?

[Edited on 08-10-2009 by M2RTY]
Toby
Premium Member

8th Oct 09 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a seperate building seems like it would be an issue.
A couple behind my mum and dads neighbour bulit a double garage with a granny flat and they only got the permission to build as it was an extenstion not seperate building, it was built as a spearate building but as the plan was to have it connected to the house they were allowed 15 years to do so

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll