corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97

New Poll
  <<  57    58    59    60    61    62    63  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Nov 09 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pop, this guy aint as small as you, but wanting the same as you, to clean bulk, its a long journal, but worth a read..

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=2602224&high=skinny

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Cosmo

26th Nov 09 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here are the Beachbody (official P90X forums), this one is the P90X pics forum...
http://teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/category/19535463

Loads and loads of pics on there, wont got through them all but if you click through some you'll soon find one who was your size originally.

Also, if you got to the P90X main forums, loads of stuff like recipes, nutrition plans, etc. etc. really worth reading.
Dan
Premium Member

26th Nov 09 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking earlier, and its probs been spoken about already, but what will you all be doing after 90days?

Cosmo

26th Nov 09 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
I was thinking earlier, and its probs been spoken about already, but what will you all be doing after 90days?

A lot of people do a second (and third) round of it. Included in the workout is something called P90X doubles which is a step up again.

Also on the forums is something called P90X bulk which is basically a variation of all the workouts you have already but with cardio cut down and some other bits mixed about.
Pop

26th Nov 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan - Thanks for the link, I'll give it a good read.

Cosmo - I've looked at load of threads on there. That's where I saw the "scrawny to brawny" thread

Dan - After 90 days it seems quite a lot of people stay at phase 3 of the diet but do another round of 90 days.
Cosmo

26th Nov 09 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH if you want to bulk up then phase 3 is not the diet to follow. It cuts the protein right now.

I'll probably do another round personally, but keep to phase 2 diet (as I think I will in phase 3) and see how it goes. Ive been doing heavy weight and low reps (pretty much to fail reps by around 8), and have seen the weight rise each week, so will keep that up.
Pop

26th Nov 09 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My plan was to do the first 90 day stint all at phase 2 diet and level 2. Really up my intake cleanly and see how it goes.
Dan
Premium Member

26th Nov 09 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why dont you fancy stepping it up to more of a strength orientated training, with big weights etc, sort of like i do now?

Does it not interest u?

Cosmo

26th Nov 09 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Why dont you fancy stepping it up to more of a strength orientated training, with big weights etc, sort of like i do now?

Does it not interest u?

TBH I may, my plans at the moment are going on what Ive read about people having done P90X and then what they ahve done next, plus the results Ive had so far.
Pop

26th Nov 09 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan - I think I'll see how much I get into it. I like the idea of p90x because it can be done at home without much equipment.

Other training like you do may involve going to a gym which is a bit of a pain for me as there isn't one that near and it's not great waiting to use equipment.
Cosmo

26th Nov 09 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
My plan was to do the first 90 day stint all at phase 2 diet and level 2. Really up my intake cleanly and see how it goes.

I wouldnt change the workouts.

TBH they dont differ too much from phase 1 to 3, its just some small changes so you dont get bored.

As long as you concentrate on lifting as much weight as possible for 6-8 reps so you basically fail on the last rep then you'll be fine just following the plan as normal.
J da Silva

26th Nov 09 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
Dan - I think I'll see how much I get into it. I like the idea of p90x because it can be done at home without much equipment.

Other training like you do may involve going to a gym which is a bit of a pain for me as there isn't one that near and it's not great waiting to use equipment.

I used to use a gym to train but I did it with 3 other men who I trained with and spotted for, having others around you motivates you that bit more, which I can see the benefits of having a 'powerbuzz' drink like NOX Pump just to get you off the sofa.

Healthy eating and regular exercise is a benefit for anyone, that alone should motivate.

Pop

26th Nov 09 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not planning on changing the workouts at all, I'm going to do the 90 days at the level 2 portion plan in phase 2 which is the one after fat shredder. Basically, all 90 days will be done on the same nutrition plan, rather than splitting it into 3.

[Edited on 26-11-2009 by Pop]
Pop

26th Nov 09 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
quote:
Originally posted by Pop

I used to use a gym to train but I did it with 3 other men who I trained with and spotted for, having others around you motivates you that bit more, which I can see the benefits of having a 'powerbuzz' drink like NOX Pump just to get you off the sofa.

Healthy eating and regular exercise is a benefit for anyone, that alone should motivate.

I have lots of motivation to do it at home so we'll see how it goes.
Dan
Premium Member

26th Nov 09 at 23:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have always found motivation easy. The NOX isnt there for that.

I only train at home, but i guess most people dont have space in garage etc, for all the stuff.

J da Silva

26th Nov 09 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got the supplements in place or have you not sorted them yet?
Pop

26th Nov 09 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You got the supplements in place or have you not sorted them yet?

I had them delivered last week from myprotein. I went with whey protein and l-glutamine. Also have some multivitamins and cod liver capsules.
Cosmo

26th Nov 09 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
I'm not planning on changing the workouts at all, I'm going to do the 90 days at the level 2 portion plan in phase 2 which is the one after fat shredder. Basically, all 90 days will be done on the same nutrition plan, rather than splitting it into 3.

Ah right, maybe you dont realise. Phases are both a different diet and different workout.

The diet tends to change the carbs (carbs up each time), and then in the last it lowers the protein (not sure why).

The workouts are all similar, just really mixed up so you dont get bored.
J da Silva

26th Nov 09 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
I have always found motivation easy. The NOX isnt there for that.

I only train at home, but i guess most people dont have space in garage etc, for all the stuff.

Yeah, I have a gym room at home, but my girlfriend uses it mostly with her friends, when my knee is fuly healed and can take the weight I will get back into it and maybe do P90X as I eat most of the things in the diet plan as it is, plus I think I'd enjoy it!
Pop

26th Nov 09 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I realised that they match the diet and workout phases. Seeing as you are in the middle of it do you think I should do the first 60 days at the day 30-60 diet, then move onto the day 60-90 diet for the last 30 days of the workout?
J da Silva

26th Nov 09 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Pop

Ah right, maybe you dont realise. Phases are both a different diet and different workout.

The diet tends to change the carbs (carbs up each time), and then in the last it lowers the protein (not sure why).

The workouts are all similar, just really mixed up so you dont get bored.

To stop you bloating up.
Cosmo

26th Nov 09 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
plus I think I'd enjoy it!

Thats the main thing ive found. Have enjoyed getting back in to it all and working out again. I dont think Ive not looked forward to any workout yet.
Cosmo

26th Nov 09 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
Yeah I realised that they match the diet and workout phases. Seeing as you are in the middle of it do you think I should do the first 60 days at the day 30-60 diet, then move onto the day 60-90 diet for the last 30 days of the workout?

Just do the diet as it is in 30-60, but the workout as it is from 0-90.
Pop

26th Nov 09 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, will do.

[Edited on 26-11-2009 by Pop]
Paul_J

26th Nov 09 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pop my best advice for you would be over eat mate...

Your body is gonna need to intake a lot of food / protein to put on muscle imo. So just eat everything... and do p90x.

<<  57    58    59    60    61    62    63  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97 24 database queries in 0.1164529 seconds