corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone?
bubble

User status: Offline
29th Sep 09 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
It wasn't really a secret when the exclusivity agreement was up.

I'm surprised at the though, thought it was crap and losing o2 business

the is for being able to tell people. we get asked everyday!
Rob_Quads

29th Sep 09 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Until the prices & tarrifs are announced who knows what difference it will make.

Will help a few who can't go for the iPhone due to poor O2 signal in thier area
Robbo

29th Sep 09 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John - the original 2G was shit, the 3G wasnt much better but v3.0 was much much better and the 3GS is nearly there, more mem and smaller size and it will be a guine ipod alternative! wud consider one now tbh
Robbo

29th Sep 09 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Until the prices & tarrifs are announced who knows what difference it will make.

Will help a few who can't go for the iPhone due to poor O2 signal in thier area
prices MUST come down or else apple will get down for colluding to keep prices high, piece int he FT yesertday abou it
Dom

29th Sep 09 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
John - the original 2G was shit, the 3G wasnt much better but v3.0 was much much better and the 3GS is nearly there, more mem and smaller size and it will be a guine ipod alternative! wud consider one now tbh

it's not suppose to be an ipod alternative, it's suppose to be a phone, which it is Plus i'm wondering if Apple will allow vodafone/orange monkies to get their hands all over the firmware and brand the crap out of it whilst ruining it, something which voda are brilliant at doing
JayC

29th Sep 09 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for o2 and the mood in the camp hasn't changed, we've had millions of extra customers since the original launch and most are very happy with the service and tariffs (hence why they are still selling like hotcakes). We now have exclusivity on the Palm Pre, a new smart phone and will increase our customer base. O2 are aiming to be the home of smartphones so watch this space.
Theres nothing like a bit of competition and let hope Orange do have cheaper tariffs cos it'll only make O2 reduce ours so more people can afford to join/stay with the better network provider.
Chrissy
Premium Member

29th Sep 09 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope orange release it with a big dirty orange logo printed on the back

>>>> Chris <<<<

Dom

29th Sep 09 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy

bubble

29th Sep 09 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayC
I work for o2 and the mood in the camp hasn't changed, we've had millions of extra customers since the original launch and most are very happy with the service and tariffs (hence why they are still selling like hotcakes). We now have exclusivity on the Palm Pre, a new smart phone and will increase our customer base. O2 are aiming to be the home of smartphones so watch this space.
Theres nothing like a bit of competition and let hope Orange do have cheaper tariffs cos it'll only make O2 reduce ours so more people can afford to join/stay with the better network provider.

Millions??

according to your pr guys, o2 have sold just over 1 million in the uk?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090928/ttc-apple-iphone-s-uk-future-is-orange-e1d36ba.html

the palm pre, is it true that your tariff start at £45p/m?
Robbo

29th Sep 09 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

it's not suppose to be an ipod alternative, it's suppose to be a phone, which it is Plus i'm wondering if Apple will allow vodafone/orange monkies to get their hands all over the firmware and brand the crap out of it whilst ruining it, something which voda are brilliant at doing
of course its supposed to be an ipod alternative, youre not gonna carry that and an ipod are you... but at the mo i would have too

and as for the firmwarw, very unlikely!!

And fr the one who said about the orange logo, nope
JayC

30th Sep 09 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubble
quote:

Millions??

according to your pr guys, o2 have sold just over 1 million in the uk?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090928/ttc-apple-iphone-s-uk-future-is-orange-e1d36ba.html

the palm pre, is it true that your tariff start at £45p/m?

The new Palm® Pre™. Free on our £34.26 tariff with a 24 month contract.

Pick any tariff for Palm Pre™ and use as much data in the UK as you like. Or log on at over 7,500 BT Openzone and The Cloud Wi-Fi hotspots in the UK - for free (including most Starbucks).

Product 18 Months 24 Months
Tariff £29.38 £34.26 £44.05 £73.41 £34.26
Palm Pre 8GB £96.89 £96.89 Free Free Free
Uk Minutes 75 600 1200 3000 600
UK Messages 125 500 500 500 500
Unlimited Data & Wi-Fi Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
mwg

30th Sep 09 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

That'll be the better network provider that doesn't provide as good a signal as I get now I've gone back to Orange

Biggest mistake I've made with phones was going to o2 for the 18 months I was with them
mwg

30th Sep 09 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And the main reason I wouldn't of got an iphone till now is because of it only being available on o2 at stupid prices
noshua

30th Sep 09 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like o2 are going to fuck everybody who buys a Pre with the shit minutes and texts bundles they're offering. Probably the reason why Simplicity and PAYG iPhone is so popular.
kz

30th Sep 09 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy

Doubt it. I got my W995 a couple of months back and there's no Orange branding on it at all
JayC

30th Sep 09 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of the main reasons for smart phones is to keep connected in all methods so providing Unlimited internet usage allows people to communicate in the main way the smart phones were designed for, e-mail, facebook, twitter and all the other chat services.
JayC

30th Sep 09 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you just want mins and text then get a phone for that purpose where we'll offer your some fantastic prices instead of getting a phone for 'street cred' purposes and never use half of the functions.
JayC

30th Sep 09 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

That'll be the better network provider that doesn't provide as good a signal as I get now I've gone back to Orange

Biggest mistake I've made with phones was going to o2 for the 18 months I was with them

I'm sorry to hear about ur experience but there are going to be certain places where other networks will benefit from in our loss. We are the leading network provider for a many reasons, Best UK network coverage and Best customer service(especially from me). And as we've proved with the i-phone, we can handle anything. One thing I will say is we don't currently have the largest 3G network but as we've now agreed an agreement with the leader in that sector then this is increasing daily.
John

30th Sep 09 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o2 must have hit targets last month, weren't willing to match a vodafone tariff for my brother who was a gold customer and they were cunts when Hammer phoned up to renew his contract.

Yet a few months ago when I was upgrading I couldn't have asked for more.
Robbo

30th Sep 09 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jay I'll have no qualms on cust service but to say you have the best network is farcical! We have the most coverage on 2G but both Vodaofne and O2 are now lagging behind on 3G @ 80% whereas Orange, T-Mob and 3 are all above 90% now.
bubble

30th Sep 09 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want a palm pre.
jezza

30th Sep 09 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i want a palm pre.

Me too, but the 02 tarriffs are shit, max of 500 texts, and a £7.34 bolt on for 500 more
Nismo

30th Sep 09 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jezza
quote:
i want a palm pre.

Me too, but the 02 tarriffs are shit, max of 500 texts, and a £7.34 bolt on for 500 more

Simple solution...

get a girlfriend
Dom

30th Sep 09 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jezza
quote:
i want a palm pre.

Likewise, the look pretty decent and seem to have a quick touchscreen reponse (seems comparable to the iphone which is pretty fast), but the O2 tarrifs are seriously toss
jezza

1st Oct 09 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If you just want mins and text then get a phone for that purpose where we'll offer your some fantastic prices instead of getting a phone for 'street cred' purposes and never use half of the functions.

Great, so we can't have a nice phone and a good txt bundle basically? I love my smartphones but my girlfriend only uses text messaging. I don't want to be having to be bloody tweeting her or commenting on her wall I just want a decent amount of texts!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll