corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » blackberry storm updated!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author blackberry storm updated!
LeeM

User status: Offline
8th Dec 08 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mucho better! so much faster and fluid in the menus, no lag or freezing! should have been released with this software but i guess they needed all us early adaptors to act as software testers?
iphone beater? definately
Nismo

8th Dec 08 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee_wee

PMSL

ok.
James

8th Dec 08 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

How long did you own your iPhone before you came to this conclusion?
radicalry00

8th Dec 08 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has there been an update over the last day or so or something? Thought this update was out about 2 weeks ago?
bubble

8th Dec 08 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there have been a few modifications to software after it was fedback from customers.

iphone beater? yes it is, but the iphone lovers wont like that.

glad ur enjoying it
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

8th Dec 08 at 14:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Is the iPhone better? Definately

I'd have to agree

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
LeeM

8th Dec 08 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont personally own an iphone, but i have used one as much as ive used this.
i probably shouldnt have said that as i dont want to start arguments
im glad i stuck with the storm now, i just hope the batterylife is improved with this update as well
LeeM

8th Dec 08 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll also point out one of the iphones biggest flaws are its tarriffs rather than anything with the phone in particular
Rob_Quads

8th Dec 08 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Storm and iPhone are different markets - why can't people just accept this.

Storm is aimed at the Business & iPhone at consumer so to say one is a beater than the other is a bit stupid (Yes there is some cross over but a very high % of users are the main target area)

The statement "X is an iPhone beater" shows the success of the iPhone in its self

James

8th Dec 08 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Storm and iPhone are different markets - why can't people just accept this.

Storm is aimed at the Business & iPhone at consumer so to say one is a beater than the other is a bit stupid (Yes there is some cross over but a very high % of users are the main target area)

The statement "X is an iPhone beater" shows the success of the iPhone in its self

I agree. So to summarise, the iPhone is better.

John

8th Dec 08 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Storm isn't aimed at the business user, storm is aimed at people who have an iphone.

I said at the start of the debate that business users would be the ones buying the storm but thats definitely not the only target market, it was to go more mainstream.
Dom

8th Dec 08 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i'll also point out one of the iphones biggest flaws are its tarriffs rather than anything with the phone in particular

ebay + 20 quid a month simplicity......same deal what you would get on the £35 tarrif and a lot cheaper too.

to be honest, jailbreaking and apps alone make the iphone a lot better product for the consumer.
dave17

9th Dec 08 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iphone ruuuuuuuuuules. ive got some addictive fcking games on mine now
Jambo

9th Dec 08 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iphone doesnt win, ok it won the image concious marketing game, and convinced some idiots the internet and touchscreen was a new technology on mobile phones, but it epicly fails at the most basic of tasks like sending a txt to more than 1 person at a time

My 5110 did that ffs.

It looks good, touchscreen works well and it has a great browser (safari)

But apps is not a new thing either, symbian/windows mobile have been doing it for years.

If you think the iphone is the best thing ever im afraid your just proving Apple could polish a turd tell people its amazing with new features and loads of people would fall for it.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

9th Dec 08 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you're all steve jobs bitches.
Joe

9th Dec 08 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
but it epicly fails at the most basic of tasks like sending a txt to more than 1 person at a time

You can send texts to more than one person at a time.
Jambo

9th Dec 08 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i meant the 2g one on launch, im just describing how its not the best idea ever. I wouldnt own an iphone myself as it doesnt do what i need it to, but i like them. 2 mates have them, i play with them alot.

But working in the industry you get to know whats what. Whilst the iphone is a semi decent option etc, it is still far from being a proper phone imo.

People need to be such fanboys really, that goes for iphone/storm as well as the ps3/xbox situation.
Jambo

9th Dec 08 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

+ its not only Apple who omit key telephony features from their phones, Sony Ericsson only add voice dialing on their flagship phones
Dom

9th Dec 08 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
iphone doesnt win, ok it won the image concious marketing game, and convinced some idiots the internet and touchscreen was a new technology on mobile phones, but it epicly fails at the most basic of tasks like sending a txt to more than 1 person at a time

My 5110 did that ffs.

It looks good, touchscreen works well and it has a great browser (safari)

But apps is not a new thing either, symbian/windows mobile have been doing it for years.

If you think the iphone is the best thing ever im afraid your just proving Apple could polish a turd tell people its amazing with new features and loads of people would fall for it.

We all know it's nothing new, but it brought a lot of the technologies together, something which not many other manufacturers did. And yes it does have it faults, but doesn't majority of mobiles - storm, no wifi...WTF (people put wifi modules in door locks ffs!).
As for the apps, yes it nothing new but the apps are certainly a shed load better on the iphone than anything you'll find on a windows mobile or symbian OS. Best thing i've seen on the the symbian OS is the sabre app. Whereas the iphone, there are thousands of apps - from mini-HTTP servers to full blown games and music production tools (+many MMS, SMS tools).

If you want a better camera then it's not the mobile for you. If you want better email/office functions and features, it's not the mobile for you. But if you want a decent all round product then the iphone is certainly up there!

quote:
People need to be such fanboys really, that goes for iphone/storm as well as the ps3/xbox situation.

Every product has 'fanboys', just check out the Storm fanboys on CS (mostly the vodafone employee crowd). But there are a lot of people that have the iphone because they feel there good phones and do everything they need them to do, not because it's made by the White Box company.
I've had one for a few days before i sold it for profit (back when they were selling off the 2Gs). Would happily own one again if it wasn't for them costing a fair amount.

[Edited on 09-12-2008 by Dom]
Robbo

9th Dec 08 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might add the Storm doesnt lack WiFi as such... its just we asked for it not to be part of it as they wanted the data charges instead of letting people use WiFi for free
Robbo

9th Dec 08 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the same way really that Apple charged silly tariffs for iPhones tbh
jacko198

9th Dec 08 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the price on the iphone is going to drop.
For what it does, and the fact that the storm and soon the n97 do exactly the same thing, for a hell of alot cheeper, they should really bring the price down

Iphone tarrifs are truly shocking, £35 a month and you get 600 mins and 500 txts. Imo that would be well worth it if you got unlimited txts, but seeing as you dont, for me i would have to pay £7 extra for bolt on, then £6 extra for insurance = £48 a month!

That ontop of the £99 or £159 youre going to spend on the phone, its a joke. You end up spending arround £1000 for 18 months for an iphone

When you could get a storm, with all the same features (pretty much) for £35 a month, 600 mins, unlimited txts etc and get the phone for free. Saving you £300/400!

In other words, i dont see how the iphone can honestly be worth that much more than a phone that can do the same things can it not?

AshGo

9th Dec 08 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Storm = FAIL

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/12/05/review_smartphone_rim_blackberry_storm/
radicalry00

9th Dec 08 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

According to that specific review yes it is.

The last time I checked though, reviews were subjective.

The Storm is a decent phone. People need to stop comparing it to the iphone. I don't care if the iphone is the best thing since sliced fooking bread. I'm happy with my Storm.
Dom

9th Dec 08 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Might add the Storm doesnt lack WiFi as such... its just we asked for it not to be part of it as they wanted the data charges instead of letting people use WiFi for free

so, Vodafone crippled the Storm because they wanted to make more money?

jacko - there are ways around to save cash on the iphone, like i said, buy it off ebay and use simplicity tarrifs.

radicalry - i agree, the iphone and storm are different phones for different markets. Both have pros and cons......

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll