corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Noise when turning left?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Noise when turning left?
dannymccann

User status: Offline
19th Sep 09 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When turning left at any speed as the wheel turns there is a scratching or scraping noise that is very distinct when driving with the drivers window down, unsure if its the same on the passenger side.

Faster you go round the corner the quicker the noise so its linked to wheel rotation, and does it if you coast round the corner, so dont think its engine related.

Its my Astra btw, not a Corsa
stingray1987

19th Sep 09 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you checked the cv boot join on the driveshafs? the sleeve can crack and all the greese can leak out.
dannymccann

19th Sep 09 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive no idea about any of this stuff, wouldnt know what I was looking at. Im just looking for suggestions as to what it could be for when it goes to a garage so they dont bend me over
Slammed_Corsa

19th Sep 09 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cv joints usually make a clicking or clunking noise when they are on there way out.

Is your car been lowered recently? Maybe a wheel is rubbing on something.
dannymccann

19th Sep 09 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope car is standard
scunnylad

19th Sep 09 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has it got powersteering fluid in as it could make that noise if your hard over my old one did that
daine
Premium Member

20th Sep 09 at 07:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi danny, if it only does it cornering to the left, I would suspect a wheel bearing is on its way out
dannymccann

20th Sep 09 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that was my first thought, it does it in a 'straight line' as well, but the tracking is well out, the steering wheel is turned to the left to go in a straight line

Bearings are done in pairs correct?

New Poll