corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » ZX7R Rebuild...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ZX7R Rebuild...
richard_cooper

User status: Offline
24th Sep 09 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant wait to get a bike
Kano

24th Sep 09 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jimmy 2.1
Thats actually a really good fitting track kit! The one for my 748 was terrible! Where did you get it as i'll be needing one for my RS250 track bike project

Got it from BB Plastics.. found them on ebay. It fits pretty well, had to space a few mounts and file a few wee bits for exhaust clearance but apart from that its been decent. Only other problem was there being no gap for my sidestand so had to cut a section out but thats no fault of the supplier as a race bike wouldn't have a stand.

Going to bolt the tail section up tommorow and have a go at cutting the light hole out. If that turns out well enough I might give the front lights a go.

Graham thats my mum and dads garage, I moved out 2 years ago...
Kano

25th Sep 09 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a fair bit done tonight. Cut the hole for the back light so got the fairing bolted up properly. Front discs and pads done and wheel back on aswell.

Still got front fairing and mudguard to cut and fit and a few other bits and bobs. Biggest problem ave got the now is how to mount the number plate and indicators.. Will work something out but cant see it looking pretty..

Graeme
Premium Member

28th Sep 09 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not drill some holes next to rear light and put 3 led`s each side for indicators? would be neat wouldt take away from the smoothness.

As for the plate it looks like the underside of ur fairing is cut out anyway so why not make a few U brackets onto the underside of the subframe and mount the plate to that?
Graeme
Premium Member

28th Sep 09 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

presume ur not having a full size plate aswell?
Bonney

29th Sep 09 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could do with an undertray on the rear, Other than that it looks good!
Kano

1st Oct 09 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well its all done and on the road.. Took it for a run last night and had no problems apart from it needing setup badly, bogging down badly at low revs.

Added a tank protector and 2 subtle kawasaki stickers since these photos.

flybikeslee

1st Oct 09 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deanmcreynolds26

27th Jan 10 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cracking mate, really like it

much did the fairings set you back then?
jr

27th Jan 10 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love that

cant help thinking of this man everytime i see a ZX7R

Kano

27th Jan 10 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deanmcreynolds26
cracking mate, really like it

much did the fairings set you back then?

£240 but there down to £200 now..

Will update this later in the week if I can find the camera. Side lights are hidden in air vents now and indicators are fitted to the front aswell. Mot is due next month so thought I better get it legal plus I hated not having front indicators..

Got a 7x2 plate coming for it aswell, will be placing bets how long it lasts before it gets me a fine..

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » ZX7R Rebuild... 23 database queries in 0.0112839 seconds