corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Kawasaki ZX-6R J1.

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Kawasaki ZX-6R J1.
Bonney

User status: Offline
24th Nov 09 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just the front set, got them off a member on BCF. Should hopefully have them by the weekend.
Bonney

27th Nov 09 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More bits have arrived.

Got the Front pads, Front brake lines and a bottle of brake fluid today.

Will be fitting them when I get some for the rear.

Also the Shocktube came I ordered.

Will be putting the shock cover on tomorrow along with the bobbins that wouldn't go on due to a cross threaded nut.
Bonney

28th Nov 09 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shock tube fitted along with the bobbins. Couldn't be arsed getting any pics as I wanted to get out riding!

Also ordered the rear brake lines and rear pads. Want to get the brakes and tyres sorted before I get anything else done.
Bonney

1st Dec 09 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rear pads and break lines arrived. Unsure whrn i'll be fittting them though

Bonney

30th Dec 09 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havn't done too much to it, as the weather has been crap.

Got a battery charger/optimizer because the battery died. Put it on every couple of days just to five it a boost. And for the people who are going to say just take the battery off, I've tried it and the alarm goes off constantly. Even tried to take the fuse out and it still didn't disable it.

Hopefully when it stops with the snow I will fit the brake lines and pads. Got my eye on a few bits that i'm going to get as soon as some spare money comes my way.
Bonney

3rd Jan 10 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dragged it out and gave it a bit of a run, Was surprised that it started first time!

So got a quick few pics of how it looks at the minute.

Going to be painting the wheels when it warms up a bit. Just getting everything together to do it.

Hope you all like!!!
K3 VMU

4th Jan 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YOU ARE STILL RIDING YOUR BIKE

Mine has been in the workshop since october, up on paddock stands,stripped down, all parts getting cleaned,i wouldnt even think about takin my bike out on this salty etc roads!!

Kwakker is looking good though, imo not keen on the wheels, and get a rear seat cowl
mattk

4th Jan 10 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a bike not a precious ornament, people who have bikes only for "good weather" make me laugh, especialy in this country
K3 VMU

4th Jan 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
its a bike not a precious ornament, people who have bikes only for "good weather" make me laugh, especialy in this country

have you ever rode a bike in this weather? rain/wind/etc, it aint fun, and totally pointless. i go out to ride my bike properly,not pussy around., and want to enjoy it. plus the salts eats away at wheels/frame, my bike is brand new, i would rather keep it in that condition
Bonney

4th Jan 10 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't take it too far, Probably only did about 3 miles, Was frozen when I got home. Just wanted to give it a bit of a run.

The wheels won't be staying like that, Just deciding on a colour scheme. Only did that to see how they looked, As they needed a good rubbing down as they had started to peel badily.

Was outbid on one of the seat cowels the other week. Still undecided about them as when you take the rear seat and foot pegs away, you are still left with the grab handles.
mattk

4th Jan 10 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K3 VMU
quote:
Originally posted by mattk

have you ever rode a bike in this weather? rain/wind/etc, it aint fun, and totally pointless. i go out to ride my bike properly,not pussy around., and want to enjoy it. plus the salts eats away at wheels/frame, my bike is brand new, i would rather keep it in that condition

aye been to stonehenge on one in november a few years, plus countless other times getting caught in the rain, a quick blast with the jet wash gets the salt off
K3 VMU

4th Jan 10 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry for spamming your thread mate....

each to their own matt, i just dont see the point in it personally!

bonney- yeah i know what you mean about the grab rails the guy from my works is left with the grab rails, you also need your pegs for the exhaust.

i need to start a project thread for my bike once i can be assed!!
Bonney

4th Jan 10 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worries.

I passed my bike test in this type of weather last year. Just got to take it easy and stick to the main roads.

Didn't jetwash the bike, Didn't want it freezing over. Just gave it a quick rub over with some quick detailer to stop it getting scratched when I cover it over.
Bonney

15th Jan 10 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had been debating tinting the headlights for a while, Looked at the covers but 1, They are too dark and 2, they stick out too far for my liking. Had a bit of a look around on the net and found a kit called a "Bug eyes kit", So thought i would give it a go.

Heres the results.

Heres the before and after, Before on the left, After on the right.

Close up of how it looks

How it looked back on the bike

Here it is with the lights on.

In the leaflets you get with it it says its MOT safe, But in all honesty I think thats up to the tester. Also it doesn't seem to dull the light in any way.
flybikeslee

15th Jan 10 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a fan of the lights bonney look like tights
Bonney

15th Jan 10 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some reason on the pic they do, Think its because the pics are off my phone and there was a flash
deanmcreynolds26

27th Jan 10 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had a read throught his whole post mate, hopefully stealing a few ideas from you as well..

bike quite easy to work on then? used to cars and engines so will need to find my way around the bike, cant be much harder than meccano though?
AndyCorsaSport

27th Jan 10 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a car in at my old work with that on the lights, looks smart apart from close up, had headlights, side reps and rears done though
Bonney

27th Jan 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deanmcreynolds26
just had a read throught his whole post mate, hopefully stealing a few ideas from you as well..

bike quite easy to work on then? used to cars and engines so will need to find my way around the bike, cant be much harder than meccano though?

They are a peice of piss to work on. Basically all ypu need is a good set of screwdrivers, Some allen keys and half a brain cell. Just get a Haynes manual incase you do get stuck and you're away. I had the whole bike stripped in about 3 hours the other day.

As for the lights you're right about them looking better from a distance. I also did the indicators but they did look gash
Kano

27th Jan 10 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K3 VMU
sorry for spamming your thread mate....

each to their own matt, i just dont see the point in it personally!

bonney- yeah i know what you mean about the grab rails the guy from my works is left with the grab rails, you also need your pegs for the exhaust.

i need to start a project thread for my bike once i can be assed!!

I buzzed my peg mount off when I had the frame coated.. God help anyone who buys it in the future and wants to take pilions..
Bonney

9th Feb 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dropped the wheels off to be refurmished tonight, and have the tyres fitted. Should have them back for the weekend.
deanmcreynolds26

11th Feb 10 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

much was the refurb on the wheels mate?
Bonney

12th Feb 10 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Payed £60 for both wheels. That included swapping over my tyres.

Had them done by this place

National Alloys

Can't fault their work either, Even had them done 2 days before they said, Top blokes!
Bonney

13th Feb 10 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here it is with the freshly refurbed wheels. Also did the brake pads while they where off and greased up all the bearings. Had an issue with the front calipers been a bit sticky but thats all sorted!

Also fitted a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport tyres

[Edited on 13-02-2010 by Bonney66]
Bonney

27th Feb 10 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had one ballache of a job to do today.

I finally got around to fitting the HEL braided hoses.

The fitting part was the easy part, That took me all of an hour. Then there was the bleeding that took me nearly 4 hours

Also removed the Fly eyes kit as it looked cheap and had started to peel off.

Got an oil filter and 5 litres of oil on its way, So that will be the last job before the MOT, Then after that its off to play

Heres the pics of the hoses!

Rear

Front. It was a 2 line kit apposed to the 3 way kit that was on the bike as standard.

Also cleaned and lubed the chain up. No pictures of that as it was a boring job

[Edited on 27-02-2010 by Bonney]

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Kawasaki ZX-6R J1. 23 database queries in 0.2489018 seconds