corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rio Verde More Door
stantonio

User status: Offline
28th Dec 09 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

defo liking the splitter mate
Corsa_Scotty

29th Dec 09 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every time i look at that splitter it looks better and better
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 03:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul W
Yeah, must admit, i do rather prefer the steiny splitter to the post 97 irmscher one

but the pre97 irmy splitter still wins hands down only joking bruv the stieny splitter looks fully ace sorta wish i chose the kit you have

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Paul W
Premium Member

4th Jan 10 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had an adventure down the scrappy today to have a mooch, dan wanted me to get something for him as usual .

Got a pair of rear mud flaps cos my back window's looking grimey as at the minute. Also got a 'leccy sunroof 'kit' from a vectra/astra, and a few different light panels for it, smoked astra light and omega bug eyes. See which one i prefer. Any clue on wiring it up so it's like the 'leccy windows and such, in that it only works when ignitions on?

Front speakers are in, sound quality is way better than the standard shitty speakers. Hopefully the sub should be here sometime this week too.

Also got some steiny skirts on the way from a lad off here

I think that's about it for now for updates till i actually get stuff fitted

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Paul W
Premium Member

7th Jan 10 at 16:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, steiny skirts came yesterday. Gonna need a lil bit of modifcation to make 'em fit the more door but shouldnt be too difficult to do. Then gotta decide what im gonna do with 'em

Hopefully gonna get my sub and 'leccy sunroof fitted at the weekend or something. Pics will be taken of the process and finished item most probably. Got my eye on some wheels, doubt i'll be able to get them though as they're in germany ah wells, keep on searching. That's about it. I need to start updating with more pics i think!

[Edited on 07-01-2010 by Paul W]

vaux.dan

7th Jan 10 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant wait to see them fitted. they were never fitted to any car for over a year! sort of wish i bought them off him but aslong as theyre at a good home
Paul W
Premium Member

7th Jan 10 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same, can't wait to get everything all sprayed up and on, it'll completely change the look of the car, hopefully for the better . I'll take good care of them haha

Paul W
Premium Member

19th Feb 10 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really much to update, a few lil things here and there but not really enough to mention. Had a lil bump yesterday cos of the snow and a heavy volvo, the dude driving the volvo slid back down a hill and bumped the front headlight in. No other damage so s'all fine. Just need a lower headlight retaining clip or something like that? anyone know the part number?

TotalVauxhall1989

19th Feb 10 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont like 5 door like, but this one isnt too bad. wants putting on the deck and a turbo lump putting in it. ( change the cream leather for black) like this one better than the silver one like. just an opinion...
Paul W
Premium Member

20th Feb 10 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers fella, still got a lot to do before it's up to the standard i'd like it to be but it's getting there. Deffo agree with decking it

[Edited on 20-02-2010 by Paul W]

Paul W
Premium Member

28th Feb 10 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Progress has been and still is awefully slow . Hoping to get a few more bits and bobs soon if things go to plan, not sure when any progress will be made though, hopefully soon. Not having much luck with it either just lately. Curbed the front offside wheel last night cos of some twat coming down a narrow road when he should've given way pics of damage.

Not too bad, could've been worse but still, it's hassle.

Paul W
Premium Member

7th Mar 10 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little update for those interested. Had a little mock up of how the splitter and skirts would look once fitted

excuse the stuff holding them up but you get the idea

Then there was the task of modifying the skirts to accomodate the more door because they were too wide on the arch bit as they were. After much measuring, trial fitting and tinkering this is what i ended up with.

and trial fitted with duct tape

Pretty happy with the outcome and the fit, considering it's the first time at trying anything like that, the skirts just need a lil bit of prep work and should be good to be sprayed, which will hopefully be fairly soon, then fitting shall commence can't wait.

vaux.dan

8th Mar 10 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will look mint! need lowering more though imo
Paul W
Premium Member

8th Mar 10 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers fella I'm hoping it will, i'm loving the look of it all from the trial fitting so far, can't wait to get it all sorted lol. Do i get the thumbs up for the modification to the skirts? Actually felt guilty cutting them up but hope i've done 'em justice

Definately wanna go lower, been thinking about coilies but gotta wait a while yet.

[Edited on 08-03-2010 by Paul W]

basslinecorsa
Premium Member

8th Mar 10 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to the skirts ... pretty neat work there, they line up nicely.

have you thought about sanding down the top of the L so it flows into the rear arch a bit better ... I think that would look ace

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
Paul W
Premium Member

8th Mar 10 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate Did think about that but thought it'd be a ball ache to get them equal and that, figured i may as well leave them as they are height wise up the arch, don't think it'll look too bad once it's all sprayed.

basslinecorsa
Premium Member

8th Mar 10 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't mean take hight off it, but thickness so it sits closer to the arch rather than it being a bump off the side ... but yea getting it even could take a while.

I love that front splitter ... is it a steinmetz one ?

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
Paul W
Premium Member

8th Mar 10 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah yeah, i get watcha mean now. Could work, i don't think i'd wanna risk it unless it's absolutely necessary like , i'm quite happy with them how they are, we'll see what they turn out like and i'll decide if a lil more modifcation is needed. Yup, sure is, don't see many around which is why i love it . Was bought off a lad off here, one of the last few steinmetz direct had in stock in the UK and europe apparently

SeanXE

8th Mar 10 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love this project mate, keep it up
Paul W
Premium Member

9th Mar 10 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers fella see you're quite local, s'always good to know i've got the local lads approval

M Sutton

10th Mar 10 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should look spot on when there sprayed and fitted!
Paul W
Premium Member

10th Mar 10 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mark, i hope so. It's getting there . Still loads more to do though when i think about it.

Paul W
Premium Member

16th Mar 10 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was a nice day today and got home from work a bit earlier than usual so thought i'd treat the car to a bit of tlc, especially after the run to Ultimate Dubs at the weekend, it was rather filthy . Washed it, clayed it, washed/rinsed it, dried it, polished it. Need to get a few coats of wax on and clean the windows but think it came out a treat. Here's a few pics (cue pic whoring sesh )

Quite pleased with my results

[Edited on 16-03-2010 by Paul W]

joeseth17

16th Mar 10 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks Cool on them wheels!
looks soo clean and shiny aswell! should have used some back to black on the plastics tho before you took the piks!
nvm still looking good mate!
Jamie-C

16th Mar 10 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Feck! That looks stunning on them wheels! Suit yours better than your bros

Please tell me your keeping them on it

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door 24 database queries in 0.2018239 seconds