corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door

New Poll
  <<  45    46    47    48    49    50    51  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rio Verde More Door
nibnob21
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Aug 12 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure the wheels will look good, everything else you have done has worked out well so far so I trust your judgement lol.

I'll drop you a PM tomorrow or something about the grille when I have a bit more time on my hands

MX5 Project Thread
Paul W
Premium Member

9th Aug 12 at 15:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right so got it on the hawkeye system with the lads at the local garage to check the geometry and stuff, and get a print out to work from and give me some idea what needs doing. Here's the results on the print out.

Gonna need some advice from people in the know with tracking etc. To me it seems the geometry is all over the shop. This could be just the nature of obviously changing and modifying the suspension for air ride and running it so low. It does drive alright though, but are there any major improvements that could be made from looking at the printout?

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
SteveoBC
Premium Member

9th Aug 12 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

toe looks about right, although the nsr could do with looking at (although i doubt there is must adjsutment there)

camber and caster i doubt you are going to get sorted unles you have adjustable top mounts to sort the caster out

although i thinkg the air ride suspension is main cause of all the suspension being out, you are going to struggle getting that into spec i reckon
Paul W
Premium Member

9th Aug 12 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the reply Steve. I thought as much that it would probably just be a case of the air ride and lowz. I'm gonna see if i can adjust the front camber a bit with the eibach camber bolts i have to try get it as close as poss. I also might look into the adjustable top mounts as i'm still running the old OEM ones and they seem to be struggling with the new air struts. Also obviously still have all the original bushes etc in all the suspension, dunno if that would make any difference as well. Don't know what sort of adjustment could be done with the rear.

As i say, it feels like it drives alright, a lot better after the slight fine tuning. As long a there's nothing really major that'll cause any problems i spose it'll be reet. I suppose it doesn't really make much of a difference on a normal non track oriented car

SteveoBC
Premium Member

9th Aug 12 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well air ride is not renound for being amazing in regards to handling I don't think poly bushing is going to make much difference as they is so much play in airbags

Adjustable top mounts are alot more heavy duty platform to bolt the suspension to front with (proper thick plates) but ther will be a period of alot of fucking about to get the castor right and you may be able to do something g about the camber with them

But camber bolts may help for the moment t

In regards to the rear I'm not sure as its a sold beam as I said you are gonna struggle as I have not idea how you are gonna adjust it

But looking at it on an overall view you are driving a decked car I doubt you will ever get it spot on, and alignment is purely to make sure handling is ok and reduces tyre wear

As you said, drives ok, so as your ok with wearing tyres out on the inner edge, maybe just leave it and save the ballache? Something to consider

Paul W
Premium Member

9th Aug 12 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, true that. Although i do still think it's a bit of an internet myth that air ride doesn't handle well .

Like you say though, probably best option is to leave it as is for now and only mess with it if it causes massively excessive tread wear or problems

marklawton

3rd Sep 12 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

updates please
birchieboy

3rd Sep 12 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can buy camber shims for the rear which will also adjust toe. really good and cheap. easy to fit and setup once you've got your head round the tricky instructions.
Id say the thrust angle is your highest concern as this is making you car technically crab. The rear camber/toe shims will sort this.

You can youtube how to fit rear camber shims. They can be bought through ebay or venom motorsport.
Paul W
Premium Member

3rd Sep 12 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, cheers for that birchieboy, i'll definitely have a look into it

Post Trax update for everyone who wasn't able to attend and stuff.

First things first, unknown to me the fan switch fucked up on the way to Trax which caused it to overheat sat in the traffic. Turned it off, pulled over and let it cool for a bit before getting it to the show. Embarrassing but what can you do.

The offending article

New fan switch fitted, coolant flushed and fresh stuff in today and all's well.

As some of you may know, edition38 was also on this weekend in Northampton. As i was out at the cinema i saw about 20 belgian cars, ranging from bagged Audi's to static polo's in the car park. Had a good look round them and had to get a few pics for shits and giggles.

Was a good preview of cars that were i assume going to be at edition. Have to admit, that's dedication.

Aaaaaaaand other stuff. A while back i posted a teaser photo of the new wheels and 'stance'. So here's a couple pics from then. In colour this time .

(possibly my favourite pic at the minute)

And some obligatory scene pics of wheels in the sun when i got them built up and finished.

Was good to see, hang about and chat with everyone, and the feedback i got was amazing, i truly do appreciate every word, makes all the hassle and stuff worthwhile. If anyone else has any pics of it they wanna show off, feel free to post away

carl roper

3rd Sep 12 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love this corsa everything is done to perfection no corner cutting
ArdenblueDan

3rd Sep 12 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this corsa is amazing dude love the wheels a lot
M Sutton

3rd Sep 12 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im stunned by the latest pictures mate! Realy is a credit to you and I love the latest look of the car! Just a shame I couldnt make Trax to see it but im sure il catch up with you soon
Jon_C
Premium Member

3rd Sep 12 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul.............. That looks absolutely amazing. You must be chuffed with it. Such a turnaround. You thought about applying for a feature with it?
NathanR

3rd Sep 12 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul , car looked great mate , certainly is unique and one of a kind . Was nice to meet you to !
Sean

3rd Sep 12 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

those 'stupid wheels and pointless suspension' look awesome!
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

3rd Sep 12 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loving the effect on the wheels Paul,the car was
Truly amazing!

Here's some pics from yesterday.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

3rd Sep 12 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
those 'stupid wheels and pointless suspension' look awesome!

It looked bloody amazing as said yesterday

I kept saying to my mates how much I loved it

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
John G

3rd Sep 12 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats gorgeous
custom_corsa

3rd Sep 12 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fully sick Paul mate .. Probs my favourite car on here done so well and so many fantastic trick little touches

Can't wait to see it in the flesh
Paul W
Premium Member

3rd Sep 12 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Carl

Cheers Dan, the wheels are my new most favourite bit

Cheers Mark, tis a shame, would have liked to have seen the Nova round the Track but other stuff takes priority ay dude, no doubt we'll see each other about sometime haha

Jon, cheers mate, big shouts to you for sorting me the centre caps out, they finish the wheels off nicely . It would be nice to get a feature but i'm just not completely happy with it at the minute to bother going for one, the paintwork on the shell is a big let down and i wanna get a few other things sorted too. Maybe in the future if i get asked or encouraged to.

Nath good to finally meet you too

Haha cheers Sean, that seems to be what most people have told me

Glad you like it Dan, and cheers for the pics, some awesome ones there

Darryl bet they kept thinking 'change the record already' haha, cheers man

John, cheers mate

Ross, cheers mate, wanna swap? Really wanna see yours too, i'm intrigued as to how you've got your air install set up

Adster

3rd Sep 12 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks stunning paul Nothing wrong with "stupid wheels and pointless suspension"!!!

The way im going with mine without the bags static drop ftw!
Paul W
Premium Member

3rd Sep 12 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers dude

quote:
Originally posted by Adster
The way im going with mine without the bags static drop ftw!

You'll be saying that until you kill a few sumps or kill your back over bad roads or something haha

vx-scottw
Premium Member

3rd Sep 12 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adster

3rd Sep 12 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul W
You'll be saying that until you kill a few sumps or kill your back over bad roads or something haha

Be reet!!
Paul W
Premium Member

3rd Sep 12 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Scott man, absolutely love the ones with the wheel in the air

<<  45    46    47    48    49    50    51  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door 24 database queries in 0.0292449 seconds