corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Put a new gearbox on my x16xe speedo not working...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Put a new gearbox on my x16xe speedo not working...
SR91

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 09 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the new box from a 1995 sri 16v swopped the speedo sensor over to the electric one and the speedo isnt working thus the mileage isnt moving

Anyone know any solutions?
SR91

28th Aug 09 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyyyyone?
flame

29th Aug 09 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have electric clocks then your old gearbox probably used the sensor that looks like a rectangular box that fits into the hole in the gearbox. If you then put that sensor into a '95 box and it doesnt work then the box you now have needs a mechanical drive and electronic converter.
The set up you need sounds like the mechanical drive in the box and then the thing that screws onto the top that converts the signal to electric. This is the way my '96 sport is and also have the same set up on an X25XE with F18 box. I will search around for some pics that might explain a bit better
SR91

19th Sep 09 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers bud :-)
Richie

20th Sep 09 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When swapping the box over you should have checked if there was a cog or a sensor ring in the box

Only problem with getting the other sensor is that the plug connector may be different.

New Poll