corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Has anyone ever purchased a council property from the council themselves?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Has anyone ever purchased a council property from the council themselves?
Limecat
Banned

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 09 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As the title goes, I have found a property in need of renovation and so did a land registry search on it. I am a little surprised that it has come back as council owned due to the size of the place but I wondered if anyone had ever managed to do this without all this 'right to buy' bollocks?

The house is currently derelict and boarded up. Not sure if that would have a bearing but one would hope they would sooner pass it on to someone who would sort it than to let it deteriorate further? It has been in this state for near on 3 years now.

Or has anyone got any general pointers when purchasing a property without viewing it (boarded up) and following a registry search?
M2RTY

23rd Aug 09 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would ring them up and ask, buit make sure you keep it quiet as I bought a house privatly and when folks found out how much I was paying for it I had others offer the guy more
Limecat
Banned

23rd Aug 09 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've fired off a letter but I don't expect much of a responce. I think as it is council, they would probably have to go open market with it? (Ensure best price and all that) It's sodding massive though, it's an ex child care home.

Maybe I can get it back to it's former glory and molest more kids there?

New Poll