corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Council housing?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Council housing?
nova_gteuk

User status: Offline
20th Dec 06 at 02:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wondering does anyone here rent a house of your local authority?

Ive just applyed for a house,rent is £55 a week,with water rates at £5 a week.

Because theres no way i could save up for a deposit,i was thinking of renting a council house for two years,then you have the right to buy it with a 20% discount,works out a lot cheaper in my area cheapest houses where i live is about 130k,so im thinking it will be easier like this?

Russ

20th Dec 06 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will be easier depending on where the council put you, you could always buy it off the council after a few years and rent it out?
p4uls corsa

20th Dec 06 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mother in law bought her house 2 years ago off the council,it was valued at 280k and she bought it off the council for 130k it was different then with the council they would give you the discount on how many years you had been a council tennant,i think its a good idea to help you on to the property ladder and you already have equity in the house.
Ally

20th Dec 06 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

South Wales...

I used to live in Gwent, i registered for council housing in about September 2004, i got the 'homefinder' flyer every friday, applied most weeks, 18 months on and i was never sucessful on any of my applications

Majority of successful applicants had been registered 2 years+

Personally i wouldnt do it now i have bought on my own, save for a deposit ad work your ass off for your own place

New Poll