corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » EGR delete? cheater? x12xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EGR delete? cheater? x12xe
ash1293

User status: Offline
14th Aug 09 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sick of poor running on the missus corsa so after all sensors being replaced, new maf & o2 sensor etc I've bought and fitted an EGR blanking plate. (previously tried cleaning it etc)

Now its been fitted the car runs perfectly - in fact the better than it has in the time we've owned it.

Only problem is that due to the EGR sticking the engine management light keeps coming on intermittantly. While its not a huge problem it would be nice to think we didn't have to have a disco on the dashboard.

Yes i could take the bulb out but thats not a preferred option.
I could fit another working EGR, hooked up electrically but not physically, but they seem to be an expensive buy and poss not the prettiest solution.

Is there any 'fake' egr circuitry or anything to fool the ecu to thinking the egr is present and working correctly?

This is all on a 1999 1.2 16 x12xe corsa.
AlexW

14th Aug 09 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How have you mounted the EGR? If youve bolted it over the plate it will bring the light on.

You need to bolt it on funny so the piston inside can still move.
ash1293

15th Aug 09 at 06:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't mount it 'funny' on the x12xe as it forms part of the waterways - the piston opens/closes into a chanber on the casting so it doesn't actually hit the blanking plate.

If the EGR was functioning properly it would be ok as it would open/close but the plate prevents the gas recirculating.

My problem is the EGR is not functioning on or off the car despite best efforts to clean.
karisma_corsa

17th Aug 09 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would like to know this for a x14xe, anywhere i can buy an EGR plate from.?
johnhara1

17th Aug 09 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by karisma_corsa
i would like to know this for a x14xe, anywhere i can buy an EGR plate from.?

eBay or Vauxhall themselves should sell one mate.

On the X14XE you bolt it on so it hangs over allowing the piston to still move up and down.
ash1293

18th Aug 09 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take it most people with the x12xe keep the EGR then?

New Poll