corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How do you clean an EGR Valve?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How do you clean an EGR Valve?
hmfctal

User status: Offline
8th Oct 08 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey i bought a second hand EGR valve back in march, anyway, i think its sticking at points when revving high (over 3000rpm) and on motorways, the engine management light comes on, but then clears. I've read about someone similar problem, and someone said they got their dad to clean their EGR valve. Does anyone know how to do this as it will be such a great help. Thanks.
am4nf

9th Oct 08 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if im thinking about what ur thinking about your meaning the butterfly valve if you take the air filter connecting pipe completely off right next to where it meets the engine there should be a small butterfly valve give it a good clean and that should fix the problem, actually just about to go give it a bash myself will let you no how i get on and if it helps any

btw what ngine size and do you have an aftermarket air filter/ cone
Ellis

9th Oct 08 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
if im thinking about what ur thinking about your meaning the butterfly valve if you take the air filter connecting pipe completely off right next to where it meets the engine there should be a small butterfly valve give it a good clean and that should fix the problem, actually just about to go give it a bash myself will let you no how i get on and if it helps any

btw what ngine size and do you have an aftermarket air filter/ cone
That sounds like the TB your on about
adz_gsi

9th Oct 08 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engine you got mate normally there is a multiplug to remove and then 2 t40 bolts to remove and shes off
hmfctal

9th Oct 08 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey ive got an X12XE apparently, because i mentioned i had a 1.2 16V LS and they said its an X12XE. Ive cleaned the TB using spray greese and WD40 by squirting it in, and that helped my problem of morning starts, when the car hasn't ran for a while it would kangaroo, it does'nt do that anymore. But i have the problem with the EGR valve i reckon, because going over a certain amount of revs/speed the EML comes on, but clears. You feel the engine slow as the light comes on, but is normal when it clears.
am4nf

9th Oct 08 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tb???
am4nf

9th Oct 08 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my earlier attempts to clean the valve thing failed didnt have a star bit to remove the 3 bolt/screws lol and yea spraying that stuff in does help a bit.
doncs
Banned

10th Oct 08 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you talk aboiut tb....arnt tb's a mod....and im guessing a 1.2 wouldnt have them? opr am i wrong and all cars have tb....but when you mod you just put bigger ones on? sorry for going off topic

New Poll