corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » temp gauge not working

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author temp gauge not working
steven_r2008

User status: Offline
   14th Jul 09 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all, just a quick one. other week my temp gauge on my 1.4 sport was working fine, however now it is not working at all. i have noticed that my fan still came on though? any ideas why my temp gauge has randomly stopped working?
B3KAN

14th Jul 09 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The sensor may be fooked, try replacing it they dont cost alot
DaveyLC

14th Jul 09 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The sensor for the gauge is seperate from the fan switch.. Its got a shitty little spade connector and they can fall off, have a look on the thermostat housing, if the connector is still attached just get another sensor they are about £4.50 and can be replaced with a simple spanner.
dan-sport

14th Jul 09 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it still connected in the engine

sounds stupid but it could of slid off, if you look at you thermostat you should see a sensor sticking out next to that their should be a little pin head sticking out of it with a wire slid onto it
steven_r2008

14th Jul 09 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys. i see what you mean about 'slid off' they are pretty easily removed just connected it back up and all is fine thanks again

New Poll