corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I new toy (paxo vts warning)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I new toy (paxo vts warning)
LeeM

User status: Offline
5th Jul 09 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry i dont wanna argue with people who have first hand experience of both, its just on the saxo forums theres lots of guys with serious knowledge and high power cars and the general opinion of almost everyone is that the 130bhp engine is a myth.
obviously if its true id be hppy as i have the engine in question, but i dont have any point of comparison
Paul_J

5th Jul 09 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest, forum's only re-gurgetate (sp) information anyway.

I was once told on a peugeot forum (full of 'experts') that if I wanted to reduce engine movement, but not make it too stiff, I should fit 1 group n engine mount, rather than 3 group n engine mounts.

Did it... and it ripped a hole in side of my gearbox housing when I launched it off the line at santa pod

Lesson Learnt. 'Forum Experts' generally are to be taken with pinch of salt.

I'm personally not saying it is 100% fact that 'these' models produce more power. I also use saxo and peugeot forums and some people say myth, some people say fact.

The key issue being that some engine's will make more or less power than standard - merely because not always 2 engines will be the same.

Could just be merely coincidental, however I have seen some gti / vts's that are far quicker than other one's as standard and make much more power.

i.e.

1 standard gti
another standard gti

1 makes 118 bhp, the other makes 128 bhp on the same dyno.
chrisritch

5th Jul 09 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jus keeping them well serviced etc could play a big factor in that though
Rob B

5th Jul 09 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
To be honest, forum's only re-gurgetate (sp) information anyway.

I was once told on a peugeot forum (full of 'experts') that if I wanted to reduce engine movement, but not make it too stiff, I should fit 1 group n engine mount, rather than 3 group n engine mounts.

Did it... and it ripped a hole in side of my gearbox housing when I launched it off the line at santa pod

Lesson Learnt. 'Forum Experts' generally are to be taken with pinch of salt.

I'm personally not saying it is 100% fact that 'these' models produce more power. I also use saxo and peugeot forums and some people say myth, some people say fact.

The key issue being that some engine's will make more or less power than standard - merely because not always 2 engines will be the same.

Could just be merely coincidental, however I have seen some gti / vts's that are far quicker than other one's as standard and make much more power.

i.e.

1 standard gti
another standard gti

1 makes 118 bhp, the other makes 128 bhp on the same dyno.

fit a powerflex lower engine mount, best mod i ever did! and was good for the 14k hard miles i did aswell
gavin18787
Premium Member

6th Jul 09 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More power or not its broken already

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
ChrisBoom

6th Jul 09 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
More power or not its broken already

Shaft?
gavin18787
Premium Member

6th Jul 09 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First time I have been in traffic today and once hot the idle gets rubbish and it randomly turns itself off from time to time

And ive been driving it like a cunt all weekend and now it clunks when you bring the clutch up after changing gear (as the engine engages) feels like something is loose.

ChrisBoom

6th Jul 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
First time I have been in traffic today and once hot the idle gets rubbish and it randomly turns itself off from time to time

And ive been driving it like a cunt all weekend and now it clunks when you bring the clutch up after changing gear (as the engine engages) feels like something is loose.

Sounds like the idle control valve, common problem, mine is doing it too.

Not sure what the box thing is though, french gearboxes do shit like that
Jamie_Hastings1

6th Jul 09 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably an engine mount away,and one of many sensors on the throttle bodie. Probaly the air temp in.
gavin18787
Premium Member

6th Jul 09 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Il lift it up at the weekend to check all the mounts and go from there.

Wheres the idle valve? easy to get to? as it holds revs sometimes as well when you dip the clutch so I had a feeling it was that.

Whats best to clean it with?

Jamie_Hastings1

6th Jul 09 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just clean all the sensors on the throttle bodie,one on the left handside thats held i by 1 allen bolt is the MAP i think thats probably the problem clean it with some petrol or non silicone based degreaser.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I new toy (paxo vts warning) 23 database queries in 0.0090070 seconds