corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I new toy (paxo vts warning)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I new toy (paxo vts warning)
Mertin

User status: Offline
4th Jul 09 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I miss my VTS
chrisritch

4th Jul 09 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
That looks perfect.

Id have a VTS over a 106 gti anyday of the week.

nah, half leather interior in the gti, they hold value much better and GTI sounds much more lol
LeeM

4th Jul 09 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my vts is going tomorrow to be replaced by a moonstone 306 gti-6
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

4th Jul 09 at 23:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by John
Stacking it into a barrier?

at the nurburgring

Then driving 400 miles back home with gaffa tape windows and headlight
Butler

5th Jul 09 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its an oil temp guage on the right hand side, with just the ignition on it acts as an oil level guage
Corsa_Sport21

5th Jul 09 at 02:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
That looks perfect.

nah, half leather interior in the gti, they hold value much better and GTI sounds much more lol

Gti's are far too common now.P2 VTS's arent as popular.I cant remember the last time i seen a P2 VTS on the road.
ChrisBoom

5th Jul 09 at 02:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
That looks perfect.

The GTI sounds better? I do hope you know that the VTS & GTI share the exact same engines, all depends on the exhaust thats on them etc.
ChrisBoom

5th Jul 09 at 02:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
That looks perfect.

Gti's are far too common now.P2 VTS's arent as popular.I cant remember the last time i seen a P2 VTS on the road.

Seen one earlier on, GTIs seem to be a bit rarer up here, VTSs are much cheaper for the same performance so more are buying them, going to end up dominant imo.

[Edited on 05-07-2009 by ChrisBoom]
Corsa_Sport21

5th Jul 09 at 03:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think he means the actual name.As in saying "i own a gti".In that kinda sense not the actuall sound of the car.

106 Gti's are very popular around here.And they all run 306 cyclones.Nice cars but VTS's do it for me.
Paul_J

5th Jul 09 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice, 2 prong head year 2000 model with no egr

the fabled 130 bhp standard model

how much you buy it for? how much would you sell it for?
Paul_J

5th Jul 09 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want another vts / gti

u2u me how much u paid... I may take it off your hands when you are done with it and I'll turn it into a race car and buy it a quaife LSD.
LeeM

5th Jul 09 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J

same engine as ive got, they arent 130bhp its just a rumour!
Paul_J

5th Jul 09 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee_wee
quote:

same engine as ive got, they arent 130bhp its just a rumour!

yours 2000 v / x reg, 2 prong and no egr?

you had it on the rolling road?
LeeM

5th Jul 09 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines a 2000w engine. ive not had it rolling roaded but its modded anyway. theres nothing internally different about the engine and any other year though
big eck

5th Jul 09 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

106 gtis look a million times beter than the VTS imo and they handle better when both standard FACT

Its all down to personal preference

[Edited on 05-07-2009 by big eck]
LeeM

5th Jul 09 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

24mm rear roll bar, but narrower wheels and thicker profile tryes than a mk2 vts
Nic Barnes

5th Jul 09 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a fan, sorry.
Ian W

5th Jul 09 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good, bet its quick with the mods.

Paul_J

5th Jul 09 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
mines a 2000w engine. ive not had it rolling roaded but its modded anyway. theres nothing internally different about the engine and any other year though

oh I like the way, you just 'know'... never had it RR'd yet you can factually state it is no different.

Apparently 2000 onwards have a slightly better flowing head (2 prong heads)... They did this as the EGR valve actually reduces the engine power slightly... So With a 2 prong head and a EGR valve you get the expected 120 ish bhp.

However, there was a short batch of cars (2000 v / x / w reg) which had the 2 prong'd head but no EGR valve.

I've seen countless of these models on rolling roads get 130 bhp ish bhp standard.

I had a 98 reg china blue 106 gti. My mate had a V reg 2000 china blue gti. We bought them at the same time. His car was always quicker than mine.

Standard. Then when we both had the identical exhaust and filter combo's his was still faster.

With exhaust and filter, mine did 15.3 1/4 mile, his did 14.9. (we would swap cars too, so it wasn't down to driver - result would be the same, his car was quicker).

his ended up doing a 14.6 with cams, where mine only did 14.8.

I've seen plenty more examples on forums.
gavin18787
Premium Member

5th Jul 09 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm some interesting info there.

I need to try and ID what brakes mine have been upgraded to (238mm) as I need to get rid of these horrible EBC pads.

[Edited on 05-07-2009 by gavin18787]

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
LeeM

5th Jul 09 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been on saxo forums for years and have yet to see it proved that they develop 130bhp. its not an egr system, its an air pump which adds hot air into the inlet on cold starts. the heads are all supposedly the same.

ive not rr'd it because the engines only been in a couple of weeks, it would probably be around 130bhp anyway, its got a full btb exhaust, induction kit and remap(just a superchip map thing, good for maybe 1bhp more?)
im arguing with someone saying my cars got more power than i think
22B

5th Jul 09 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

oh I like the way, you just 'know'... never had it RR'd yet you can factually state it is no different.

Apparently 2000 onwards have a slightly better flowing head (2 prong heads)... They did this as the EGR valve actually reduces the engine power slightly... So With a 2 prong head and a EGR valve you get the expected 120 ish bhp.

However, there was a short batch of cars (2000 v / x / w reg) which had the 2 prong'd head but no EGR valve.

I've seen countless of these models on rolling roads get 130 bhp ish bhp standard.

I had a 98 reg china blue 106 gti. My mate had a V reg 2000 china blue gti. We bought them at the same time. His car was always quicker than mine.

Standard. Then when we both had the identical exhaust and filter combo's his was still faster.

With exhaust and filter, mine did 15.3 1/4 mile, his did 14.9. (we would swap cars too, so it wasn't down to driver - result would be the same, his car was quicker).

his ended up doing a 14.6 with cams, where mine only did 14.8.

I've seen plenty more examples on forums.

I can vouch for what your saying, I owned a 2000 X reg Mk 2 VTS, and my friend owned one after, both low mileage, (24,000, 30,000) and mine definitely had the legs over his, also felt a lot quicker as well in the power delivery, seemed to pull to the redline a lot more franticly than other VTS' I have been in.

Really miss mine, had no end of problems with it, so had to get rid of it. I think it was fuel pump related problem, as under a 1/4 of a tank going up hills flat out, it would start to bog down and the ignition lights would come on and you would have to pull over, then it wouldnt start for a few minutes which was a pain. The handling was superb, very twitchy on the back end when pushing on, reminded me of my old 205 GTi.

My only complaint would have to be the brakes, for the speeds the car could do on twisty backroads, they never filled you with confidence if you had to come to a quick stop.
Paul_J

5th Jul 09 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ive been on saxo forums for years and have yet to see it proved that they develop 130bhp. its not an egr system, its an air pump which adds hot air into the inlet on cold starts. the heads are all supposedly the same.

ive not rr'd it because the engines only been in a couple of weeks, it would probably be around 130bhp anyway, its got a full btb exhaust, induction kit and remap(just a superchip map thing, good for maybe 1bhp more?)
im arguing with someone saying my cars got more power than i think

most of the 2 prong'd head gti / vts that didn't have the valve on the prongs (year 2000 ish) with just exhaust and filter would make 140 + bhp.

if your car only made 130 bhp with the exhaust and was year 2000 i'd be surprised.
Paul_J

5th Jul 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 22B
seemed to pull to the redline a lot more franticly than other VTS' I have been in.

THAT IS EXACTLY IT!

my mate nick's was just like that. His would pull hard to the redline, where as mine felt it tailed off about 6400 rpm standard.

When we both had cams and raised limiters, his would be pulling hard to the 7800 rpm limit and mine would tail off about 7200 rpm.

Nick also test drove loads before he bought his, and purposely was looking for the 2 prong'd head one - said it felt quicker when he bought it.

If I ever buy another, I'll purposely buy a 2000 reg one.
Paul_J

5th Jul 09 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 22B
My only complaint would have to be the brakes, for the speeds the car could do on twisty backroads, they never filled you with confidence if you had to come to a quick stop.

a set of Ferodo DS 2500 pads sorts that out.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I new toy (paxo vts warning) 23 database queries in 0.1917322 seconds