corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help engine tuning

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help engine tuning
ajscorsa

User status: Offline
20th Feb 03 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a 1.2 8v.

i cant afford another car and insurance is too much for a conversion.

what can i do to make it faster. money is ok got a steady wage coming in but i can save for whatever is suggested.

thanx for any help
craigbarnley

20th Feb 03 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt bother i had a 1.2 speant shitloads k and n decat s/s manifold group a exhaust ecotek thing and if anything it used more fuel sounded nice but went no where concentrate on styling and system then when you can afford the insurance splash out on engine convo. then the fun begins
ajscorsa

20th Feb 03 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ice is sorted. looks eh no kit but looks good (the way i want it to. its just boring as fuck.
Cybermonkey

20th Feb 03 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, i'll second that. Spent a fair bit trying to get my old 1.2 to go faster. You wont say much gains performance wise, if any! Unfortunately, most mods arent cheap. Start saving now for a Corsa Sport 1.4/1.6. Im 19 and the insurance wasnt much at all with Liverpool Victoria. Thats the hard truth! If you are still not keen on that, keep it well maintained and concentrate on styling/ICE/interior. Good tough engines that can take a lot of abuse, should see you good right past 100k miles.

Dave
ajscorsa

20th Feb 03 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got 106k miles it bugs me that i have to boot it when buses trucks can cruise past me
Cybermonkey

20th Feb 03 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How old are you, if you dont mind me askin?

Dave
ajscorsa

20th Feb 03 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cybermonkey

20th Feb 03 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thats a small problem then. Just save for a nice lookin Sport in a years time, keep out of trouble with the law, avoid crashing and transfer all the gear from your 1.2 to the Sport when the time comes!

Dave
ajscorsa

20th Feb 03 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye suppose thats the only way to go. just really boring onlybeen driving few months like and am bored already

New Poll