corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Moon Landing

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Moon Landing
John

User status: Offline
25th Jun 09 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just started watching battlestar, FTL is wierd when you're used to star trek.
Ojc

25th Jun 09 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh my, Battlestar Galatica is awesome.

You have to watch it from the start though, and that includes the mini series where it all began.
John

25th Jun 09 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sat through the mini series, it's far too slow for my liking, it's putting me off watching more but i'll persevere.
Jules S
Premium Member

25th Jun 09 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I don't doubt we will one day devise a method of travel that gets us going relatively faster than the speed of light, whether that is physically going faster than light or bending space to make it appear we are going faster than light though I don't know.

Gutted I'll not be about to see it

Depends whether you believe Stephen Hawking really.

You say you believe we will be able to travel faster than light...which means we will be able to travel backwards in time.

Hawkins argument is that if we EVER manage to break light speed we will have re-visited ourselves, given time is infinite.

Think about it...
Ojc

25th Jun 09 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I sat through the mini series, it's far too slow for my liking, it's putting me off watching more but i'll persevere.

Stick with it, you really need to watch every episode.
John

25th Jun 09 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jules, I said relatively.

There are ways of appearing to travel faster than light without actually travelling faster than the speed of light.

Edit to say when i say there are ways, there are theories, they may all prove to be incorrect.

[Edited on 25-06-2009 by John]
Tomnova16
Premium Member

25th Jun 09 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
quote:
I don't doubt we will one day devise a method of travel that gets us going relatively faster than the speed of light, whether that is physically going faster than light or bending space to make it appear we are going faster than light though I don't know.

Gutted I'll not be about to see it

Depends whether you believe Stephen Hawking really.

You say you believe we will be able to travel faster than light...which means we will be able to travel backwards in time.

Hawkins argument is that if we EVER manage to break light speed we will have re-visited ourselves, given time is infinite.

Think about it...

The way i see it, if you travel faster than light you wont be going back in time as you may see yourself getting on the plane when you have landed the other end but you wouldn't physically be there, its like taking a photo, or something we all know, a football is kicked but you dont hear the ball being kicked till just after, doesn't mean its not been kicked earlier

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
J da Silva

25th Jun 09 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your vision would be impared until a reasonable speed is maintained, your skeleton would literally not know what's happened to it.
Cavey

25th Jun 09 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wormholes etc, i think John is on about, bend space so that 1mile becomes 1metre away etc... then elongate it again, very hypothetical, would be cool if it could happen some time tho
Jules S
Premium Member

25th Jun 09 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
The way i see it, if you travel faster than light you wont be going back in time as you may see yourself getting on the plane when you have landed the other end but you wouldn't physically be there, its like taking a photo, or something we all know, a football is kicked but you dont hear the ball being kicked till just after, doesn't mean its not been kicked earlier

So you cease to exist if you travel faster than light?

John, in my (small) mind worm hole travel wont happen either, much that I like the concept...... I get the idea of bending space/time but that theory sort of depends on static journey times whilst travelling within a worm hole.

If journey times in one worm hole were slower or faster than another we could jump back or forward in time at will.

I'm still with Hawking, if we can do time travel at any time in an infinite future we would already know about it.

I love Stargate BTW....
John

25th Jun 09 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't even worm holes, they take infinite energy as well, similar methods to a warp drive that bends space time.

Hawkings A Brief History of Time is a good (albeit heavy) read.
Jules S
Premium Member

25th Jun 09 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
Your vision would be impared until a reasonable speed is maintained, your skeleton would literally not know what's happened to it.

Thats been covered by the sci-fi geeks from day 1

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Inertial_damper

J da Silva

25th Jun 09 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This topic is pretty cool.
Jules S
Premium Member

25th Jun 09 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back on topic (a bit)

A long, long time ago I used to do odd jobs with a mate of mine on his dads farm. Putting up fences, feeding/tending the animals and all that etc.

Straight off the bat my mates dad came across as (sort of) rough but super intelligent....you know the kind, completely understated in terms of appearance but when they spoke you just *knew* they were talking the talk not bullshitting.

After I had known him for a few years it panned out he had a seriously difficult/poor upbringing, but his uber intelligence shone through. He joined IBM in the 60's and wrote the satellite orbit programmes for the first NASA satellites.

He told me that after i moaned about the shitty IBM 486 I was using at the time.....he countered that with the programmes he wrote on a sub 286 to do the satellite work.

Top bloke, I miss my time with him, even putting up fences he was a step ahead of the game.

sxibeast

26th Jun 09 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I must say, theres some interesting stuff in this thread!

I find space and the thought that one day we might be able to go further than the moon quite interesting and exciting and am always keeping an eye out for anything that pops up relating to this, whether it be wild theories, fantasy or fact.

Though i was watching Stargate the other day (i only watch this round the gfs parents when we visit as i only have freeview), but what if we dont actually have to leave Earth to travel (so to speak, as in flying), just go through some gate/wormhole type thing thats been long lost for many years and that we are yet to find?

I also find that 'Face on Mars' quite cool, but that seems to have been heavily quoted as pure chance of erosion of a rock formation (but would it not be cool if it actually was a former statue of a past civilisation, and that something had wiped out them out completely, long before us; i dont mean in terms of people dying etc, but the thought that at some point they werent THAT far away)!?

AndyKent

26th Jun 09 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva

Thats been covered by the sci-fi geeks from day 1

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Inertial_damper

FLOL at the link - like wikipedia but completely and utterly made up
Daimo B

26th Jun 09 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a few shots of the sun sizes and posted them a few years back..

Antaras was the biggest sun on my scale...

Immense image, cheers. We can all now laugh at those ignorent enough to think we're really alone in the universe...

Don't forget, that zoom, is just ONE tiny section... What about the other areas of space all around the planet. Immense...

We're nothing. Bacterica of the universe in comparison..
Daimo B

26th Jun 09 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh also, all these galaxies, universes etc that are like 100,000,000 light years away... Theres a good chance those starts dont even exist anymore. Its jsut were so far away, the image of light is still travelling towards us, yet the original item may have dissapeared millions of years ago..

mad eh...
sxibeast

26th Jun 09 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Oh also, all these galaxies, universes etc that are like 100,000,000 light years away... Theres a good chance those starts dont even exist anymore. Its jsut were so far away, the image of light is still travelling towards us, yet the original item may have dissapeared millions of years ago..

mad eh...

indeed! i dont think we could even begin to comprehend (sp?) the size and the amount of different places out there, let alone what they actually look like now!
Jambo

26th Jun 09 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this thread rocks.
Ojc

26th Jun 09 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, this thread is good.
jr

26th Jun 09 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want to start a thread about the "black" projects and lockeed skunk works

who's with me........................
Ojc

26th Jun 09 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh my, the Skunk works consipracys are wonderful.

Have you read Hunt for Zero Point?

They suggest that the B2 bomber is fitted with alien propulsion systems.
Ojc

26th Jun 09 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Antigravity Aircraft - B2 Bomber

More on B-2 Stealth Bomber as an Antigravity Craft
by Richard Boylan, Ph.D.

Retired Air Force Colonel Donald Ware has passed on to me information from a three-star general he knows who revealed to him in July that "the new Lockheed-Martin space shuttle [National Space Plane] and the B-2 [Stealth bomber] both have electro-gravitic systems on board;" and that "this explains why our 21 Northrup B-2s cost about a billion dollars each." Thus, after taking off conventionally, the B-2 can switch to antigravity mode, and, I have heard, fly around the world without refueling.

I have also heard, and deduced for myself after inspecting a Stealth F-117A fighter at Beale Air Force Base, that the F-117A _also_ has hybrid propulsion and lift technologies, utilizing conventional thrust for public take-offs and landings, but switching to antigravity mode for extended cruising range, for lightning-fast maneuverability, and for shrouding the airframe in invisibility (by having its local counter-gravity field bend light around the airframe). The notorious extremely-unstable lift and forward-motion of the F-117A is merely temporary, until it moves into antigravity mode, where independent field propulsion provides stability. {Unfortunately for the pilot who went down in an air show over Maryland, his Stealth fighter was in conventional jet- thrust mode at the time.)

Further commentary, revealing that the government eventually plans to release antigravity technology publicly, is provided by Colonel Ware. "Apparently this highly controlled military program was used to gain experience with 4th-density technology that may transform civil aviation after all national leaders choose peace."

In a perhaps unrelated aside, Colonel Ware stated that his two brothers are on a list to receive free electricity machines by United Community Services of America (UCSA) in New Jersey. "They [UCSA] claim to have produced 50,000 machines and are preparing to install them on selected homes. They say they will provide free electricity to the home owner and sell the excess power to the power company."
Daimo B

26th Jun 09 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any Aliens advanced enough to travel the distances would be intelligent.

They would take one look earth, its human inhabitants, realise what a bunch of f*ckwits everyone was, and get the hell outta our space.

How could any other race trust anyone on the planet if the governments that run the countries are as twisted and corrupted as they are. Me me me me me me me me...

We'll die out before we get anywhere.

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Moon Landing 23 database queries in 0.0187919 seconds