corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Moon Landing

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Moon Landing
Cavey

User status: Offline
24th Jun 09 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was wondering why there's been a lot of moon stuff on after reading the James May thread, and realised it's the 40th year, next month, 16th July, 1969

What I didn't realise is that man has landed on the moon 7 times. The first is the only one that only ever gets mentioned, for obvious reasons really.

Most recent was 7th Dec, 1972. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing#American_manned_Moon_landings_.281969-1972.29

Also, on a more modern note, man should be back there in a few years, the yanks have sent a probe recently iirc.
John

24th Jun 09 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only reason they stopped was because the public got bored so there was no reason to throw money at it, a great shame.
mwg

24th Jun 09 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont really see the appeal of going to the moon. Doesn't look like my sort of a holiday
John

24th Jun 09 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a step towards going further.

If they want to go further the moon is also a good base, you don't need anywhere near as much fuel to take off from the moon so it's easier to get to places like mars.
Ojc

24th Jun 09 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The moon eventually like John says will be where further space exploration will be launched from.

It's much easier to launch a ship from the moon due to low gravity meaning less fuel required to get a ship off the ground.

If the nations of the world came together and actually pulled their resources together during the 60's and 70's until present day we would be on Mars by now, but instead we would rather go around flying planes into buildings and invade small Middle Eastern countries and steal their oil.
ed

24th Jun 09 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The amount of energy needed to break the earth's gravitational pull in phenomenal! An amazing achievement!
John

24th Jun 09 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The space program also gave us many amazing products.

Like memory foam mattresses
ed

24th Jun 09 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can even buy a pressurised space pen. Too bad the Soviets invented a superior product, my Russian isn't all the great, but I believe it's called the 'pencil'.
noshua

24th Jun 09 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet it's shit scary on the moon, especially when you get one of those moments when its dark and you think somebody's behind you, so you keep checking, looking around and all you can see is black.
CorsAsh

24th Jun 09 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Karendash, Ed. Works well with a Linyayke.
Aaron

24th Jun 09 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
16th July

An excellent date to be honest. Great people were born on this day
Jules S
Premium Member

24th Jun 09 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
It's much easier to launch a ship from the moon due to low gravity meaning less fuel required to get a ship off the ground.

The lack of atmosphere helps a tad too...

And where would we be without velcro, I ask you?

heh? heh?
Hammer

24th Jun 09 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S

heh? heh?

Aye we'd be stuck without velcro, good point.
Jambo

24th Jun 09 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

space ftw.

Im usually against all this "society is rumbling" nonsense but aparently the Maerican governent have declared the money invested in space exploration " a waste of time"

Seriously, we are going backwards.

jibjob

24th Jun 09 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i still reckon its all bullsh*t IMO theres so many flaws in the first moon landing like how can a flag wave when theres no wind? how was the camera on the moon to video the first steps? etc etc

sorry if anyone thinks its true but i dont think its actually ever been done. i do believe people have been into space though just not on the moon
Jules S
Premium Member

24th Jun 09 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Jules S

heh? heh?

Aye we'd be stuck without velcro, good point.

Well that Bulldog guy might have had a less than hard time from the 3sum thread without his shoelaces, but never the less...
Jambo

24th Jun 09 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jibjob
i still reckon its all bullsh*t IMO theres so many flaws in the first moon landing like how can a flag wave when theres no wind? how was the camera on the moon to video the first steps? etc etc

sorry if anyone thinks its true but i dont think its actually ever been done. i do believe people have been into space though just not on the moon

Mythbusters proved it.

I dont see whats so hard to beleive, if you beleive they made it to space.

John

24th Jun 09 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are your doubts about the moon landing based on any of your own research or just some youtube video you've watched
sand-eel

24th Jun 09 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really questioned the landing after I watched a program on it, so many questions need answered, another thing was 1 of the photo cross hairs was partly behind an object and how if you sped up the video 2x it looked like very normal walking.
Jambo

24th Jun 09 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the flag still moves because its the pole moving, not because of wind. When you push something in zero gravity there is no resistance, so it goes on for longer untill the kinetic is all used up.

Simple when they show you how.

I doubt the moon will be troubling them, Mars is the in thing atm
jibjob

24th Jun 09 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah i just watched a load of programs when i was younger about it and a lot of things just dont add up to me. i mean the things that were mentioned in the programs can be seen on the videos of it and to be honest i havent seen the program proving it all fact so i still cant see how some of the things are right like the flag etc i mean im pretty open minded but it just doesnt seem right to me. i know things are in space like satellites because you can see some at night so i cant see why putting a person up there would be so hard its just im a bit iffy when it actually comes to putting someone on a planet or star which ever you want to call it
jibjob

24th Jun 09 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh see that makes a bit more sense jambo like i say ive not seen the program proving it so im a bit unsure. ill have to try and find it on youtube
sand-eel

24th Jun 09 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another thing I learned that ALL astronauts that went into outer orbit died of cancer years later because of the severe radiation around the earth made worst by the electo magnetic field, but why didn't the moon landing people get cancer? they still had to go through the radiation.

[Edited on 24-06-2009 by sand-eel]
John

24th Jun 09 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any sources for that eel, never heard it before.
Ste
Premium Member

24th Jun 09 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not alot of people know, but Neil Armstrong missed out the word 'a' from his speech, rendering it grammatically incorrect.

He should have said, 'One small step for a man; one giant leap for mankind.'

True that!

[Edited on 24-06-2009 by Ste W]

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Moon Landing 23 database queries in 0.1876919 seconds