corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport 1.8 16v - UPDATE - Sold!

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport 1.8 16v - UPDATE - Sold!
RKS

User status: Offline
20th Sep 10 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loving this project mate its good to see someone else with a 1.4

any pics of the mounting for that tow strap? I bought one after seeing this thread as my tow eye has been cut off too
mike56gte

20th Sep 10 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lookin good mate.

think you should do the new wheels orange like it used to be.
djgritt
Premium Member

20th Sep 10 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll get a couple of pics of the mounting for the strap when I get back in the Uk (away for work at the moment)

Won't be doing the SRi rims in Orange, they'll be staying White.
Might do the current Team Dynamics in Orange though, as they are due a refurb, and I was considering keeping them for track use with some decent rubber fitted...
daine
Premium Member

20th Sep 10 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound, I`ll look out for one in scrap yards, would be nice to see you up this end of the country, at cadwell park on wednesday. Then again on the 3rd november, this year we`ve done mallory,Oulton and now cadwell. next year were hopping to do combe, anglsey, knockhill and donnington. You`ve given me inspiration to strip mine.
djgritt
Premium Member

8th Oct 10 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Polycarb Windows have been ordered...

Full Set of 5, with Front 4-hole Sliders and Pop out Vents on the Rear Quarters

Should be ready for collection by next weekend.
Sandsy

8th Oct 10 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u have a link where you got these as the pop out rear vents sound a good idea
djgritt
Premium Member

8th Oct 10 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sandsy
do u have a link where you got these as the pop out rear vents sound a good idea

U2U'd
Sandsy

8th Oct 10 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate
djgritt
Premium Member

10th Oct 10 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally!

Took the Team Dynamics off to get the Tyres swapped over to the SRi 16s today - cost me a chunk seeing as my mate who usually does them FOC has left the place he worked at to do something else, but never mind.
Still, the place I did go is ran by a younger guy anyway, who is now trying to find if he can supply me Yokohama Track tyres for the Team Dynamics, and he'll also be doing me 4-Wheel Laser Alignment for just under £25, so might get that done in the next couple of weeks.

Anyway. I digress. Back to the main subject matter...

Windows will be around next weekend, but probably won't be fitted immediately, I've got a few parts to stockpile over the next few months ready for next year...
spankyjames

10th Oct 10 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks soo much nicer on the sri's
am4nf

10th Oct 10 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its better than the td but something doesnt look quite right, maybe needs smaller tyres or more lowes at the front?
djgritt
Premium Member

10th Oct 10 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

195/45s fitted and I'm not lowering the front any more as I'm happy with how it handles as it is - I'm not too fussed on how it looks tbh.
Corsa_Sport21

10th Oct 10 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheels are nice but imo,too white for the car.
djgritt
Premium Member

10th Oct 10 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Wheels are nice but imo,too white for the car.

I know what you mean, doesn't help that the paint is fresh and the car paint is old and oxidised to death, but, I'll give them a winter of not being washed and left outside to dull and they won't be so bad
am4nf

10th Oct 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe its the colour thats making them stick out
FAZ
Premium Member

11th Oct 10 at 09:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how is your carbon "sunroof" holding up?

just wondering as i dont use mine
djgritt
Premium Member

11th Oct 10 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
how is your carbon "sunroof" holding up?

just wondering as i dont use mine

Perfect

No leakage, no UV deterioration, no brakage, no damage

The only thing I need to do with it every now and then is recolour the rivets with my trusty permanent marker...
djgritt
Premium Member

11th Oct 10 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just ordered a full set of engine mounts - for 2/3s the price of a single mount from Vauxhall...

Now need a clutch kit to be rid of the whiney release bearing

Bloody thing won't know what's hit it when it gets some maintenance parts fitted!
djgritt
Premium Member

13th Oct 10 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine mounts arrived this morning - i'm at home on Standby again, but luckily haven't bought expensive stuff whilst browsing t'internet this time!

But, seeing as I wasn't out on site, I still had to find myself something practical to do, namely DIY Bodgetastic Mount Strengthening!

So, here we go;

Set of Mounts present;

Tools and bits for Bodge Strengthening - RTV Sealant, Extra Rubber, Nuts/Bolts;

Cut the Exhaust Rubbers up to give pieces of rubber to use in the mount voids;

Make Blanks for one side of each mount and tape into position securely;

Apply sealer to fill the gaps at the blank, then fill more in the areas where extra rubber will be fitted, fit rubber pieces, then continue filling with sealer around the extra rubber pieces and lay a coat over the exposed face

Now they are being left for a week or more to set before I attempt to get them on the car...
djgritt
Premium Member

15th Oct 10 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I collected my windows today.

I'm happy with them so far, just need to get them fitted at some point soon (and then buy a cover for the car to keep them out of the weather so much!)

Some Pics;

Rear Windscreen;

Front Door Windows - showing the 4-Hole Sliders;

Rear Windows - showing the holes for the Pop-Vents;

Pop Vent;

Vent fitted - showing fully open, partially open and closed - also able to see that they can be rotated;

The full kit;

Fitting Kit - Bonder and Black Edging kit;

Fronts should be pretty straight forward to fit, rears are the ones that will be a pain in the tits.
djgritt
Premium Member

22nd Oct 10 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Made some use of the light that was still about when I finished work today and decided to see how much effort would be required to do the Poly Windows.

Got a bit carried away and ended up fitting one.

Will do the other tomorrow if I get a chance, then take more pics of the fitting whilst i'm at it

Sandsy

22nd Oct 10 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good chap fronts are a piece of piss, rears are abit of a cunt to do a good job on
djgritt
Premium Member

22nd Oct 10 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sandsy
looking good chap fronts are a piece of piss, rears are abit of a cunt to do a good job on

Yeah. Not looking forward to doing them atall TBH.

I'm trying to get someone to let me use their garage for a weekend to do those so they can be done and left in relative warmth/shelter to set without worry of rain or whatnot, so they may end up being done later in the year yet.
Sandsy

22nd Oct 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it would be nice if you could fit them with the orignal seals but you cant unfortunatly
corsadonk
Premium Member

22nd Oct 10 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice.

It's too late now but, I found when I removed my engine the other week, that the RTV had come away from the rubber, it didn't stick very well They took two weeks doing it in layers.

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport 1.8 16v - UPDATE - Sold! 23 database queries in 0.1473999 seconds