corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport 1.8 16v - UPDATE - Sold!

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport 1.8 16v - UPDATE - Sold!
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
8th Mar 11 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P0500 is the lack of speed input as I said before check the back of your dash for VDO markings as your speedo might have an output other wise an electronic clock conversion is easy
djgritt
Premium Member

8th Mar 11 at 08:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
P0500 is the lack of speed input as I said before check the back of your dash for VDO markings as your speedo might have an output other wise an electronic clock conversion is easy

That one cleared and hasn't returned, will crack on with finding that stuff out soon
Saloon

10th Mar 11 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Certainly looks and sounds the part in person too.
djgritt
Premium Member

18th Mar 11 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eBay Value Induction Kit

Clutch booked in to be done on the 4th April.

Then, abuse ahoy.
djgritt
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Busy day today. But, very productive!

Fitted the new Induction Kit - needs a little more tweaking and the Inner Morette duct sorting - will be very soon!

Then, with my regular assistant, took some bits off and got the cheese-wire out.

Mounted the windows and drilled the bolt holes, then painted the steel that was exposed by the removal of the windows;

And then fitted the windows using the sealer I bought with them, bolted them all in tight, and tidied up the edges (even bead of Sealer etc to tidy it up)

Then, got more pics on my way home;

Then took it home, parked it up, whipped the Cover on it and thats how it'll stay until the Clutch is done, then it needs a fecking good clean prior to Combe in 3 weeks time.
Generation

20th Mar 11 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That a BMC filter mate? I have same one, cant get it to mate with the pipe on my air pipes
corsadonk
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Notice any difference with the windows?

I wouldn't mind doing mine, but just the rears, so I can wind the window down still.
Jon_C
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bloody love this car
SeanXE

20th Mar 11 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good, something looks missing from the front though, maybe add a splitter? I miss your old irmy one
Jon_C
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SeanXE
Looking good, something looks missing from the front though, maybe add a splitter? I miss your old irmy one

Its a track car. Not a show car. No point in pretty splitters
djgritt
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
That a BMC filter mate? I have same one, cant get it to mate with the pipe on my air pipes

Nah, cheapo eBay Value copy - had to bodge on an adapting hose as the size of the filter outlet and my AFM differ, but will buy a proper Silicone reducing elbow shortly
djgritt
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
Notice any difference with the windows?

I wouldn't mind doing mine, but just the rears, so I can wind the window down still.

No major difference yet, I had all the old glass onboard on the drive home and still taking it fairly easy until my Clutch Release bearing is done in a week or so.

There wasn't a massive difference in weight between these and the glass mind - noticeable, but not massive.
djgritt
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SeanXE

I don't miss it!

The Pre-97 looked dated enough without it, looked worse with IMO.

Won't be bothering with this one, will probably just cut more holes in stuff if anything
AlexW

20th Mar 11 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the sprit.

And Don't say your doing the clutch just due to a noisy release bearing?
djgritt
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 23:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
Thats the sprit.

And Don't say your doing the clutch just due to a noisy release bearing?

Noisy isn't the word - it's been noisy for a couple of years, slowly getting worse and has become significantly noisier since the Conversion. Don't particularly want it shitting itself, plus the whiney whirr of it annoys the shit out of me

Davey tried to source a Release Bearing on it's own while the Gearbox was detached, but with no luck. Plus didn't want to spend the money on a Clutch Kit at the time - schoolboy error now. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
djgritt
Premium Member

26th Mar 11 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another productive weekend so far...

Stopped off at Merlin Motorsport at Castle Combe yesterday on my way home from the dirty North to pick up some Ducting Inlets - also got the optional mesh inserts, as wasn't sure if I wanted to use them or not - got home and removed the Morette casings to play with and taped the 2 options to them to see;

Decided the mesh stuff was a bit too thick for my liking really - in the way of the thickness of the wire/material

Then, today got on with things - started off simple, with the replacement of the VxON Club stickers on the Windows - after a major cleaning session to remove the film of grime on them from fitting;

Then, decided to tidy up the Engine bay a little by painting the Exhaust Manifold in VHT Black;

Then, as i was annoyed by seeing the White through the Grille, decided to paint a portion of the Slam Panel - thinking I may as well have done all of it now, but meh;

Then started with the Morette Vents;

Primed;

After a couple of coats of primer, moved onto the first coat of colour;

Couple of coats of that and some Lacquer later;

Then, mounted to the Casings - thought I took a pic of the insides, but seemingly didn't - used glue on the mating edge to the Casing, then used a Sealer/Adhesive in 3 blobs where the casing profile met the duct on the inside;

All fitted;

Functional too! Well, the passenger side is partially functional, it ducts air, but to nowhere really... haha

And all of this was ever so exciting, even my Cat got wood;

Also, ordered a few more Stickers, for advertising ACW Motorsport Plastics (who supplied the Polycarbs), and also a large VxON URL one for the rear screen, and also going to get some replacement Corsasport ones too

If the weather is like this tomorrow too, I am likely to repaint the Rear Brace, and also do the Rear ARB Orange too, seeing as I have 1.5 Cans of it left...

Then, Clutch.
FAZ
Premium Member

26th Mar 11 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saloon

26th Mar 11 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fecking love it!
Alex_Rally

26th Mar 11 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im still putting off doing my windows ... i cant be arsed lol
djgritt
Premium Member

3rd Apr 11 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weekend shenanigans...

Resulting in;

Strut Brace recoated and refitted;

Rear ARB recoated and refitted;

Rear wiper removed and grommeted;

Needs some attention - will get that rubbed back, treated and filled permanently at some point (some of the visible brown is dirt in the pic! haha) ;

And this at the front...

djgritt
Premium Member

5th Apr 11 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wahey!

For the first time in around 3 years, the Release Bearing is now quiet!

The local garage did it lastnight for me, and also did a full flush and renewal of my Gearbox Oil, aswell as setting the pedal to the right position. All good.

Now to crack on with the boring stuff like washing it etc, ready for the Weekend.

Oh, and was looking through my picture folder for it - it's ever so slightly changed since it was bought for my Ex back in 2007! :laugh:

Slight differences between the daily snotbox and this heap too... Ha.

[Edited on 31-05-2011 by djgritt]
djgritt
Premium Member

10th Apr 11 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesterday went well!

[Edited on 31-05-2011 by djgritt]
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

10th Apr 11 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great, did it go well on track?

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
djgritt
Premium Member

10th Apr 11 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
Looks great, did it go well on track?

Definitely better than it did.

Just needs the Front end tightening up a bit before the next - has a little bit of lean as you can see in the pics!

Oh, and maybe a new Gearbox. Seems to have a noticeable whine when I throttle on in 2nd...
AlexW

10th Apr 11 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tightening the rear will have more impact imo, Has this got a front arb on still?

Looks good out on track though

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport 1.8 16v - UPDATE - Sold! 24 database queries in 0.2036421 seconds