corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » radiator fan not working - help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author radiator fan not working - help
SHARPY

User status: Offline
   15th Jun 09 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as title, when the temp gauge goes around /over 100'c the fan does not come on, what are the possible causes of this?
the fuse is fine btw.

thanks
cwiffen

15th Jun 09 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, I've just fixed mine.......
Pull the wire from the fan switch in the radiator and short out the connections in the wiring loom connector with a bit of wire, turn on the ignition and if the fan starts then you need a new radiator fan switch.
Point to note, only get one from a dealer as i bought a cheaper one from another source and it didnt fit properly ie the thread MUST go all the way up to the mating face of the switch as it screws into the side of the radiator which is very thin, it also has a better metal washer with a rubber insert.
SHARPY

15th Jun 09 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks, ill give that a try and bear the advice in mind mate, ....there is a million topics below this thread but i couldent search for them as the search button is awol

New Poll