corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Sky+, BT Line and Broadband....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sky+, BT Line and Broadband....
A2H GO

User status: Offline
15th Jun 09 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We move into our new house 1st August. Its a new build so there are no connections currently. We both have mobiles and wanted to explore the option of not bothering with a landline.

We still want broadband and Sky+, and were just wanting to work out if it would be cheaper to get mobile broadband and Sky+ or to get a line put in and have phoneline/broadband/homephone all with Sky/BT...

Tried working it out but so many different things and packages to consider.
dannymccann

15th Jun 09 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was in exactly the same position as you. the only broadband you can have without a landline is cable (Virgin) or mobile (uber expensive for anything other than checking a few text websites).

BT might still be doing free connection if you check HUKD, if not, Sky is £25 connection with a free Sky + box and dependingon your exchange braodband for free or £10 a month

My Sky+ (2 packs) / Sky phoneline / Sky broadband costs me £37.50 a month (if the exchange was unbundled this would be £27.50 a month).

I was previously paying £36.50 a month to BT for line + broadband
Cavey

15th Jun 09 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need a BT line to get Sky installed anyway don't you? So may as well get the line installed then get Sky TV and Broadband?
WATSON

15th Jun 09 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As cavey said you need a BT line to get sky installed otherwise they wont install it.
Eck
Premium Member

15th Jun 09 at 11:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, Sky demand you have a BT Line, even though it's not actually needed
A2H GO

15th Jun 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read a few things on the net that say they will install it without a phone line but there is an additional charge of £30. Mobile broadband does seem really expensive.

Might go down the route of Sky+/ Phone line and BB then.
Conway563

15th Jun 09 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they will install Sky without a phone line but it requires a "manual activation fee"
I paid £25 for it when I was in my old house as BT wanted £125 to come and check the line
Neo

15th Jun 09 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
Yeah they will install Sky without a phone line but it requires a "manual activation fee"
I paid £25 for it when I was in my old house as BT wanted £125 to come and check the line

This man is right. Just done all this this weekend. Also, if before the 25th you get sky+, the box and installation is free
whitter45

17th Jun 09 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah have HD Talk and Broadband although they tried to do me over with Sky connect @ £17 as the exchnage was full stating i would get 8M but the libne could only carry 3.6

In the end they knock £12 a month off the bill so the broadband is £5

Just be careful as they wil charge you if the exchange is full

New Poll