corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » replacing the induction pipe from the cone to the fuel injecter pump....??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author replacing the induction pipe from the cone to the fuel injecter pump....??
CopyWrite

User status: Offline
18th Feb 03 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello, I have a k&n 57i induction kit...and I wud very much like to replace the induction pipe that goes from the filter to the fuel injecter, its not an eco-tec engine so im on about that round thing with the 2 screws in it.
at the moment I have the standard ribbed rubber tube which looks boring.
I was wonderin what sorts of tubes are available, I wud really like one that goes wider and then narrower as it approaches the end.
are they available on their own from K&N or anything and how much will it cost?
thanx in ad...
Daimo B

19th Feb 03 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What, like this???

Makarus

19th Feb 03 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like the loook of the engine, must say I think K&N are too small, they just dont fill the gap, but saying that they look nice polished.

Sorry, cant help, I am interested in an answer though.
Daimo B

19th Feb 03 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, whop mine, Engine bay looks a complete state there. Its getting a complete makeover.
New Hoses
Chrome Oil cap
Got a bigger battery, and cover, but getting a new one made
Gonna get new hose surrounds
Repaint the inlet manifold
Chrome Induction Kit
While the colds start pump, battery, battery trays not in the car, im gonna paint (either silver, chrome or black) a few parts to make it look cleaner and tidier

Anyway, if thats what u mean, its a 45degree elbow available from either SFS PErformance or Samco. Just you need to find the diameter of the neck of the induction kit, go 1/2mm bigger when ordering.

i.e, my ind kit has a neck diametre of 63mm, so i got a 65mm pipe with a 45 degree curve in it.
Makarus

19th Feb 03 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much did you pay Daimo??
Daimo B

19th Feb 03 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ummmmmmm, nowt Nahh, SFS used my car as a demo for the hoses. I think the pipe will be about £20-£40

New Poll