corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C problems
Irish Corsa C

User status: Offline
   10th Jun 03 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am having alot of trouble with my 1.2 Corsa C at the moment. It started when the engine light came on, i took it to my local dealer who said that the induction kit was blocked and the car wasnt getting enough air.

I changed back to the airbox and the light didnt go off, by the time i brought the car back to the garage it had started mis-firing.
The computer showed up a fault in the coil pack which they changed and it only half solved the problem as in there is still a slight miss in the engine.
I got a phone call this evenin to say that they are goin to try an air flow meter in the mornin, and that if that doesnt work it will be a head job.

Anyone had similar problems?? or any ideas as to what exactly what is wrong?
paul_spurrell

10th Jun 03 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i doubt it would be a head vault. may be a afm
greg0r

10th Jun 03 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just out of interest what mods have you done to your corsa, how old is it, and what have the garage said?

thanks

greg
Irish Corsa C

10th Jun 03 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Corsa is an 01 model, in the engine i had a simota induction kit, i have a steinmetz back box with a centre exit on it and i swapped the middle box for a cherry bomb exhaust to add a bit of noise,its not very loud tho.

The garage some times give out a bit over the induction kit blamin it for anythin that goes wrong. I never had any trouble wit warrenty tho.

[Edited on 10-06-2003 by Irish Corsa C]
si_reading

10th Jun 03 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the engine light come on in my corsa c 1.2 16v a few weeks ago. But it went off by the time I got home so haven't done anything about it! It wasnt mis-firing though. It might be an idle sensor or something like that, or even a fuel injecter if it really rough as my sisters new clio's only got 2000 miles on it and started to mis-fire and it had to have a new fuel injecter!
dannycorsa c

10th Jun 03 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont ask me about probs with corsa C and engine lights coz i cant b arsed xplaining again all i can say is in the end i got a new engine coz ov that little light comin on every 10mins
BU52G*S

10th Jun 03 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wish i got a new engine....

[Edited on 10-06-2003 by BU52G*S]
Irish Corsa C

10th Jun 03 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt mind a new engine so long as i dont hav 2 pay 4 it !!

I asked the dumbass mechanic who is workin on the car why the coil would go an he says "ahh just from startin an stoppin an drivin around ya know" sorry but i dont know. lol
Irish Corsa C

12th Jun 03 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well got the af meter changed and that seems to have solved it.

Thanks for the help.

New Poll