corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » X18XE1 block + head with X16XE crank + rods.. Turbo build maybe?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X18XE1 block + head with X16XE crank + rods.. Turbo build maybe?
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 09 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The X18XE1 rods are lighter but exactly the same length.. I'd use the 1.6 rods as they are beefier..

1600 head is not compatible with the 1800 block.. The oil ways are different.
DizzyRebel

2nd Jun 09 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the 1600 crank is shorter stroke and the pistons in the 1800 are shorter and your going to use them both together? hmmm i think your going to have to put a shit load of research into this one mate... its sounding more and more impossible by the minute!

[Edited on 02-06-2009 by DizzyRebel]
DaveyLC

2nd Jun 09 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure on the exact piston crown height differences, will know when I strip the X16XE
crazybrightman

2nd Jun 09 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right thats ok then as often a shorter stroke motor has a different rod ratio and therfore longer rods. but in this case i see you will gain exactly the differance in the crank throw.
just hope you dont go and melt a piston as n/a pistons dont tend to like turbo temps and id be impressed if any run of the mill n/a engine came with forged pistons.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » X18XE1 block + head with X16XE crank + rods.. Turbo build maybe? 22 database queries in 0.0151751 seconds