corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Summer Transfer Thread
Cosmo

User status: Offline
21st May 09 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by mikenoncorsa
Thats all well and good but apart from Torres and gerrard no other Liverpool player (possibly alonso) would get into the utd squad

Squad?!

Reina, Arbeloa, one of Carra, Agger and Skrtel, Mascherano....would all get in the squad.

Reina, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard and Torres would all walk into the United starting 11 IMO.

Bollocks they would

Alonso is no better than carrick, and mascherano does no better a job than anderson does

Also think VDS and reina are about equal, imo both overrated

Like I said, Alonso/Carrick is a debatable choice. It could go either way, but I rate Alonso.

If you think Anderson if better than Masch then you're fucking dillusional. Honestly, that is Doyle style dillusion.
Cosmo

21st May 09 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Carragher would walk straight into the Utd squad, and into the first team at right back.

I don't even think cosmo could agree with that tbh, wes brown is in a different league to carragher in terms of being a right back

He is as good as Wes Brown. Prob not as good as O'Shea has been recently. Depends if you are after a solid defender (which he wins hands down for above the rest) or someone who can attack too.

Personally I think Arbeloa is a better RB than Carra.
strick206

21st May 09 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think O'shea has just been filling in, nowhere near as good as wes brown is, going forward and in defence

I don't think carragher is a RB at all, he's a centre back and imo cannot play RB to the level he can CB, hence why he never got in the england squad, too many better players at CB, and he just isnt good enough at RB

[Edited on 21-05-2009 by strick206]
strick206

21st May 09 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If you think Anderson if better than Masch then you're fucking dillusional. Honestly, that is Doyle style dillusion.

Not really dillusional, masch does much the same as anderson, but doesn't offer the same level of passing ability, imo they are very equal, but to say masch is in a different class (which im assuming from the fucking dillusional) is way way off the mark
Cosmo

21st May 09 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed about RB, even he hates playing there. IMO he was once good enough for England CB, but I never lost any sleep about him not getting a place, better for us.

Oh, and you're still dillusional.
strick206

21st May 09 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fish as much as you like
Cosmo

quote:
quote:

Not really dillusional, masch does much the same as anderson, but doesn't offer the same level of passing ability, imo they are very equal, but to say masch is in a different class (which im assuming from the fucking dillusional) is way way off the mark

Seriously, take the glasses off.

Masch is world class. He is probably the best in that position in the world at the moment.

Anderson cant even get in to the Unied team over Fletcher.
strick206

quote:

Seriously, take the glasses off.

Practice what you preach
Cosmo

quote:
Fish as much as you like

Im not, really Im not.

I honestly cant believe you think Anderson is as good

Even a Brazilian Jiz will tell you Masch is better than his fellow countryman.
Cosmo

21st May 09 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking
Nath

Essien is better than Masch.
strick206

As i said with anderson, he has had a lot of injuries this year, and been in and out of the team, and unlike liverpool, players arent able to walk back into a winning team
strick206

21st May 09 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

And i'll agree with that, i was trying to think of a player to say was much better than masch, nath has pointed it out
Cosmo

21st May 09 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Different types of player. Essien is much much more attacking.

Im talking of a proper holding midfielder.
strick206

21st May 09 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Fish as much as you like

Im not, really Im not.

I honestly cant believe you think Anderson is as good

Even a Brazilian Jiz will tell you Masch is better than his fellow countryman.

I fail to see what Masch offers that anderson doesnt

As far as i can see, masch breaks up the play, and then passes it to the more creative players
Nath

21st May 09 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Essien isnt attacking. Not in my eyes. Lampard is attacking. If we're talking about central midfield players.

I'd compare Lamps to Gerrard, and Masch to Essien.
strick206

21st May 09 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Ahh right, so now you are only talking about a holding midfielder, and not a holding midfielder who attacks also, we can't compare anderson and masch

Because both united's best centre mids, infact all of them (including hargreaves) are holding players who attack and create
Cosmo

21st May 09 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, he is a defensive midfielder. Infact more than that, he is an out and out holding midfielder. And IMO he is the best at that job in the world.

He isnt an Essien, who IMO is being restrained as is a much more attacking player naturally.
strick206

21st May 09 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes, he is a defensive midfielder. Infact more than that, he is an out and out holding midfielder. And IMO he is the best at that job in the world.

He isnt an Essien, who IMO is being restrained as is a much more attacking player naturally.

Essien is the sole reason why chelsea slumped this season imo

And now he is back he also makes chelsea very overpriced for the league next season.

And imo he is a world class holding midfield player, who has one hell of a strike on him
Nath

I'd sooner have Essien. Seeing as they both play in the same holding role.
Cosmo

quote:
Ahh right, so now you are only talking about a holding midfielder, and not a holding midfielder who attacks also, we can't compare anderson and masch

Because both united's best centre mids, infact all of them (including hargreaves) are holding players who attack and create

So now?! When did I ever say Masch attacks? He doesnt. He sits and breaks up the oppositions play - hence he is a true holding midfielder.

I dont know, or care, if you class Anderson as that. Either way he isnt as good.

Essien IMO isnt a holding midfielder, he is much more attacking. Much like Lampard, Alonso, Gerrard, Carrick etc. etc. arent holding midfielders.
Nath

21st May 09 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Essien is the sole reason why chelsea slumped this season imo

I said to my Dad the other day that if Chelsea had Hiddink from Day 1, and kept Essien fit they'd have won the League.
Nath

21st May 09 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

So now?! When did I ever say Masch attacks? He doesnt. He sits and breaks up the oppositions play - hence he is a true holding midfielder.

I dont know, or care, if you class Anderson as that. Either way he isnt as good.

Essien IMO isnt a holding midfielder, he is much more attacking. Much like Lampard, Alonso, Gerrard, Carrick etc. etc. arent holding midfielders.

Lamps and Gerrard are nothing like Alonso and Carrick. The latter are nowhere near as attacking!
Cosmo

21st May 09 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Essien I agree with. He is a world class player. He just isnt a holding midfielder IMO. Either way, both him and Masch are lightyears better than Anderson (who I rate btw).

I dont get the Hiddink think. Anyone who watched the Scolari Chavski for the first 2-3 months of the season would of been running to the bookies to put a bet on them winning the league.

strick206

21st May 09 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

No, i am saying that anderson is not only a holding player, who can happily sit all day and tackle, help the defence, he is much more creative also, and is probably similar to alonso than masch

But still, masch certainly isnt the best in the world in his position, essien is

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer Thread 23 database queries in 0.1921120 seconds