corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Summer Transfer Thread
Robbo

User status: Offline
16th May 09 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the seaosn is almost over... almost time for the disections to begin!

Who do you think you will go for? What woudl you like to see change at your club?

For me, got to be a top draw defender and holding midfielder and maybe sell Adebayor

Someone like Joleon Lescott would be good, decent player albeit not too fast, can play in a few positions + English. Price will be awkward though. Alternatively, Christian Zapata from Udinese who is built like a brick shit house or maybe that young French/African guy from PSG

Wrt CM, an Alonso/Barry type figure... Alonso would be oeprfect for us but Liverpool would be moronic to sell him IMO... woudl be great alongside Cesc also IMO

As for up front, Bendtner is still hit and miss, last week when he came on he did really well but other times he just coiuldnt hit a barn door. Adebayor I cant decide on, bare in mind we have Eduardi back next season!
Cosmo

16th May 09 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out...I expect the fringe players to go, so thats the likes of Voronin, Pennant, Degen, Intanje, and a few youth players. Probably wont bring in all that much between them, maybe approx £5-8m. I guess players like Dossena, Babel and Benayoun could go if Rafa needs to raise funds. Alonso is being linked with a move, but according to Rafa and Alonso's agent he is going nowhere.

In...IMO we need another topclass forward, a topclass LW, and competition for Arbeloa at RB. Tevez, Silva and Rafinha would do me. Although I expect us to go for the likes of Barry and Glen Johnson.
Robbo

16th May 09 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt mind us goign for Glen Johnson tbh... Sagna has not been anywhere near as good this eyar since his role woas made into more of a defender than a winger... I think tevez and Silva would give you guys a very strong forward line. What about Lucas Leiva?
Cosmo

16th May 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not a great fan of Johnson tbh, I do expect us to sign him though so hopefully Im proved wrong. If we do get him I think Arbeloa may be on his way out.

Lucas is a tough one. Rafa obviously loves him, even Gerrard has been singing his praises lately. Im not one of those fans who hates him, I can see some talent there, but if we sign Barry and dont sell Alonso then that leaves us with 3 top class central midfielders and Lucas being 4th choice...
Ben J

16th May 09 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alonso, Upson and David Villa and i'll be happy!
Cosmo

16th May 09 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Alonso, Upson and David Villa and i'll be happy!

Not much then

You've only a chance of getting one out of those 3, and its the worst one.
Marc

16th May 09 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sign Tevez
J da Silva

16th May 09 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You won't sign Tevez permanently unless he gets out of his third party thing with Joorabchian. In an ideal world Tevez would sign for Man Utd permanently and never see or speak to Joorabchian again.
Cavey

16th May 09 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How could he get out of the third party thing? I assume pay Kia x amount to cancel it and become a free agent? Or is that what the 30mill is valued at?
Cosmo

16th May 09 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
You won't sign Tevez permanently unless he gets out of his third party thing with Joorabchian. In an ideal world Tevez would sign for Man Utd permanently and never see or speak to Joorabchian again.

Mascherano signed for us permanently....
Marc

16th May 09 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might as well just pay the £20+m to make up the total, whats another £30m on £600m of debt
J da Silva

16th May 09 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason it's so steep is because West Ham would see a bit of money, MSI would see some of it and Joorabchian himself would get the biggest slice, if it was just a case of Man Utd buying the player 'alone' it would be around £12m.
J da Silva

16th May 09 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

Because Joorabchian allowed it.
Cavey

16th May 09 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough, wasn't sure of the full situation really. Why would West Ham get some? (tbh if they did it'd probably get robbed for Sheff Utd anyway)
Cosmo

16th May 09 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Because Joorabchian allowed it.

Thats what he is after though, i.e. a fee of £20m+. He can pocket all that and just pay off WHU and whoever else wants a slice.
Robbo

16th May 09 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JIZ

what do you make of the whole joorabchian type of business in South America?
J da Silva

16th May 09 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo, Mascherano will never be valued that high because holding midfielders don't have that sort of tag, strikers and attacking players can get away with it.

Joorabchian is a proper businessman, he isn't silly, he wins either way, he either gets a big payout from a Tevez deal or he just collects some 'rights' money with another team for him.
Cosmo

16th May 09 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cosmo, Mascherano will never be valued that high because holding midfielders don't have that sort of tag, strikers and attacking players can get away with it.

Joorabchian is a proper businessman, he isn't silly, he wins either way, he either gets a big payout from a Tevez deal or he just collects some 'rights' money with another team for him.

I seriously doubt another deal similar to Uniteds will be allowed, UEFA have come down harder since that was done (mainly down to Tevez himself) to stop 3rd party ownership. Id be amazed if Tevez ended up anywhere next season that havent bought him outright.
J da Silva

16th May 09 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
JIZ

what do you make of the whole joorabchian type of business in South America?

In Brazil, it's benefitted most of the players/teams involved because there isn't as much money in South America, whereas all the big Euro teams can prop themselves up easily and spend tonnes at the same time, we (Corinthians) broke the bank to get Joorabchian and MSI onboard and in the 3seasons they invested in us and the marketing they gave us it has set Corinthians up for the next 20 years.
J da Silva

16th May 09 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I seriously doubt another deal similar to Uniteds will be allowed, UEFA have come down harder since that was done (mainly down to Tevez himself) to stop 3rd party ownership. Id be amazed if Tevez ended up anywhere next season that havent bought him outright.

There would be a loophole somewhere I'd imagine.
Cosmo

16th May 09 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe outside of England, I suspect their will be. In England, doubtful the FA will allow it.

£20-25m and I bet Tevez signs for another club (maybe with a sell on clause to Kia).
J da Silva

16th May 09 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man City will most likely be the team involved because £25m to them is like a fiver to me and you. Although the other big clubs can easily buy him, Man City are the most comfy with it.

I think you'll see Man City get some mid ranged rated players first in order to start attracted the big name players like Villa for eg..
Cosmo

16th May 09 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, its going to take some serious spending to attract the likes of Villa, Tevez, etc. And its one thing to persuade the clubs to sell, its another to persuade top players to join a club thats nowhere near the top.
J da Silva

16th May 09 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am not sure of Liverpool's 'humph' in terms of financial clout, but when you look at the teams around Man Utd, I can see it becomming another reign of dominance in Manchester.....

Man Utd have IMO the best attack in the PL and the strength in depth of the whole team

Arsenal don't seem to spend when they should and although they have 2 PL titles behind them, 'behind' is the key word.

Chelsea are an ageing squad, signing 2 or 3 youngish stars still won't have enough impact on the PL for me.

Liverpool's finances are unlcear to me but this seasons attempt has been great for the club, with Gerrard and Torres not playing alot of games, sort the left handside out and maybe sign a right midfielder to allow Kuyt to go up top and see what happens.

Man City could easily jump in the no. 2 spot if they just sign enough class to make the planets big players understand the clubs owners ambition, I don't think they'll be another Chelsea though, by that I mean have a few good seasons and just lose track, I think if they can get the desired standard of team, it will last for a long time.
Cosmo

16th May 09 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We normally get a £20m kitty + whatever Rafa can earn via sales. So he is going to have at least £25m and thats without selling the likes of Babel, Lucas and Dossena who could all go and bring in another £20m if needed.

Silva would complete our forward line IMO, keeps Torres up with Gerrard behind (best position for both), Kuyt on the right and then Silva on the left. Another forward is needed to cover for Torres and give us something different if needed.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer Thread 23 database queries in 0.2074521 seconds