corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » black corsa sport project (PVS update 13.6.11)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author black corsa sport project (PVS update 13.6.11)
SRI-LEE

User status: Offline
2nd May 09 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi well IV decided to stick with vauxhall and have bought anouther corsa B) its a w reg corsa sport with air con power steering abs e.t.c 56,800 miles so done nothing got it for a irresistable price it came with the tsw alloys and has fast road cams fitted and 40 mm springs aat the back also cd player and the wheel arch thats come off lol the reason i got it cheap is because its got no mot and tax and is running like poo, it smokes abit white smoke which really stinks of fuel so it failed the mot on emissions apart from that it flew through,i had a look into it and i think the problem lies within cylinder number one as when you take the ht lead of it has no effect to the missfire of the engine i put the coil pack off my perfectly running corsa on and still the same and the number 1 spark plug is wet with fuel so isnt firing so plan is with head off and have a look and give the car a good polish seems its been stood 3 month and swap bits over onto this one cant wait its alot tidyer than all my others cant wait till its fixed wont be ready for pv though as im skint anyway some piccies will give updates as they come

gave her a good clean and took some pics with girlfriends mini

8am this morning takeng her to work my 2 corsas lol

[Edited on 19-07-2009 by SRI-LEE]

[Edited on 13-02-2010 by SRI-LEE]

[Edited on 31-03-2010 by SRI-LEE]

[Edited on 26-05-2010 by SRI-LEE]

[Edited on 27-05-2010 by SRI-LEE]

[Edited on 29-05-2010 by SRI-LEE]

[Edited on 10-06-2010 by SRI-LEE]

[Edited on 17-06-2010 by SRI-LEE]

[Edited on 28-08-2010 by SRI-LEE]

[Edited on 26-09-2010 by SRI-LEE]

[Edited on 07-02-2011 by SRI-LEE]

[Edited on 12-02-2011 by SRI-LEE]

[Edited on 28-02-2011 by SRI-LEE]

[Edited on 26-03-2011 by SRI-LEE]

[Edited on 26-03-2011 by SRI-LEE]

[Edited on 22-04-2011 by SRI-LEE]

[Edited on 14-06-2011 by SRI-LEE]
fillmecca

3rd May 09 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that block heads old car lol
SRI-LEE

3rd May 09 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup
SRI-LEE

3rd May 09 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new update sorry for all the pics im obsessed lol

im fixing this one up at work so can work on teh lift e.t.c my bro gave me a hand aswell managed to get the head off in around an hour ish quite gay on this one with air con pipes getting in the way but not bad any way got ha off and seen the problem one of the valves has a chunk missing lol just abit nackerd B) there seems to be quite alot of play in the pistons am suprised it wasnt rattling its tits off but just gonna try find a low mileage engine to stick in id planned for this anyway the amout of smoke it was chucking out and even if i get a new engine i wouldnt have even payed half the price one of these go for also quickly did heat gun trick on my arches so after a new engine now just anouther 1.4 16 valve am away all wek so maybe new updates next weekend but its just a side project to do as iv still got my other corsa to get about in thanks for looking comments welcome

SRI-LEE

12th May 09 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got some updates saturday

with the help of my bro and a mate managed to get the old engine out today, was quite easy apart from the drivers side engine mount as we had to get to some awkward bolts to get that off but apart from that all was good took us about 2 hours to get it out i think isnt as simple due to all the power steering and air con pipes but not bad so should have my new engine here this week and fingers crossed that will be in and running next weekend so heres a couple of pics after finishing this washing are cars then whent to the ford meet at heaves hotel was good day

hopefully have it on the road for pvs

my front and rear engined corsa

just taken delivery of all this today the engines for me obviously and the full sport interior is for my bros corsa so if all goes well should be in and running at the weekend or at least almost there hopefully! cant wait

SRI-LEE

16th May 09 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

made some good progress today! B) firstly started by cleaning the engine bay up and respraying it then undersealed all under the car in cluding all brake hoses chassis legs e.t.c usual stuff got my bro and a mate to give us a hand to fit the new engine just anouther 1.4 16valve its all in and mounted now all underneaths done all shafts e.t.c just need to fit the cat,the alt belt tenioner and alt belt do some plumming and some wiring and she should be running tomorrow! cant wait and should be on the road at the end of next week if all goes well just need to put 12 months mot on her and 6 months taxed then its good times! B)

piccies

its looking abit messy but only because it aint finished!
SRI-LEE

17th May 09 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got the engine finished and running today B) really happy with it started first turn of the key no smoke rattles e.t.c only problem is it has a very slight missfire but i think IV maybe just missed a connector or an earth going to have a quick look atr it after work tomorrow if i get chance or do the paper clip text as the eml light is on so once thats fixed just need to fit alt belt and tensioner put back box back on and fit rear brakes and swap rear lights then she should pass the mot and be on the road! cant wait i sprayed the scuttle pannel up aswell before i fitted it,

couple of pics not far off now

bethoml

17th May 09 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

leee head
SRI-LEE

17th May 09 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lewis bethom
Gizzy

17th May 09 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you doing with your other corsa Lee if get this one sorted?
SRI-LEE

17th May 09 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going to be selling it for bits mate seems il be taking my stuff off it and its quite badly wrotten will need welding e.t.c so yeah be getting stripped
Olsrey

18th May 09 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Block head never has much luck with Corsas
SRI-LEE

31st May 09 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update for peeps 5 days before pv! well iv replaced nearly all the sensors on the engine and not really made much improvment im going to put an earth from the battery to the fuel rail and an earth to the chassis tomorrow which im praying will fix the missfire! car still needs MOT tax and insurance doing before friday i had loadsa of other plans to do before pv but il be happy just to drive it down there! today put a new rear brake kit in it from vauxhall which set me back £80 at trade so thats them all sorted new shoes springs cylinders e.t.c also put a new lamda sensor in her of the old engine which the lad had bought new very recently and swapped springs and lights onto my runabout looks much better with standard lights in imo just need her running properly now then i can get arch fitted polish and hoover her ready! really hope its done before thursday"! had an absolute nitemare yesterday tho the car had no rear shoes in so no brakes was pulling into the garage and cudnt stop in time was just using engine braking with engine off to stop and slowly hit a chippind wall and scuffed my front bumper i nearly cryed! was so gutted so need to get that sorted at some point so yeah not going well at the moment really just want her on the road now! pics

twins lol

standard springs has some engine bits in the boot tho

Rich H

31st May 09 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope you manage to get her all up and running mate

Gutted that the engine was buggered being a low mileage one - guess the previous owner fooked up when tinkering with the cams etc??

Only advice for posting on here: Learn punctuation Your uber long one sentence posts make it very hard reading!

[Edited on 31-05-2009 by Rich H]
SRI-LEE

31st May 09 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Hope you manage to get her all up and running mate

Gutted that the engine was buggered being a low mileage one - guess the previous owner fooked up when tinkering with the cams etc??

Only advice for posting on here: Learn punctuation Your uber long one sentence posts make it very hard reading!

[Edited on 31-05-2009 by Rich H]

cheers mate me too not long to go till pv!

yeah i presume so but ah well these things happen.

sorry lol was in a rush typing and punctuation was never my strong point.
SRI-LEE

3rd Jun 09 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right anouther update to the worst and most stressfull 2 weeks of my life!! :angry: basically all last week after work id been gettign the engine all put in tidying up e.t.c. when i first started it , it had a missfire whent on the corsa forum and afew people wer sayying about not having the alt belt on can cause this so fort ok il put that on now then its done but do do that i had to take the whole engine mount off! again! then when that was on made no difference at all! . a few days had passed and on teh saturday after work i spent 12 till 5! chabnging basically every sensor on the engine swapping bits off my car e.t.c still no difference. so by now id spent around 8 or more hours pissing about trying all sorts come monday managed to get hold of a compression tester so checked compressions came up as 2 and 3 right down! wasnt happy at all! pv is on friday! . so that night a took the head off to find the head gasket had blown between 2 and 3 big style and looked like it had been gone for a while! so was really pissed off as you can imagine. i expected to put engine in and all be fine but never goes like that so tuesday morning get a head gasket kit orderd head bolts and water pump then get the head manifold e..t.c put on, on tuesday night then finnally tonight got all the new bits finished all up and running now ready for the MOT tomorrow. im praying it passes! it should do seems tho iv replaced all bits that needed doing so now im praying it passes then i can get insured and taxd and go to pv but has been the most streesfull and rushing about 2 weeks off my life! never again! am i doing that lol so yeah sorry for dragging on lol piccies

fillmecca

3rd Jun 09 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gd lad lee i 4t it myt of bee the head gasskit myn was doing the same this as yours lol
gez bay

3rd Jun 09 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how the hell hasnt this gone onto a second page yet?
SRI-LEE

4th Jun 09 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate just hope it passes mot today now! lol ano loads of pics haha
bethoml

4th Jun 09 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go on lee. im gna burn u off in my unfinished bee at pv lol x
SRI-LEE

4th Jun 09 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol you not sprayd the rest yet? u still wanting my cams? good news she passed! pv here we come!
SRI-LEE

19th Jul 09 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lots of updates not done one for a while
update for you all well she flew through MOT on the thursday i got insured on her thursday night and taxed her online friday morning!. then friday afternoon headed off down to santa pod for pvs! best weekend IV had this year! was awesome first time there and i loved it! considering id only been to work and round town once in the car before setting off to santa pod i thought id take the halfords tool kit just incase but she did well and made the 260 mile trip there without a problem! did just over 500 miles on her first run out loved it! . absolutly loved it was so happy! was going to take her on the drag strip and dyno but thought id let her settle in first with me just doing headgasket e.t.c about 2 days before lol! polished hooverd and cleaned up all plastic bits before going down so she was very clean! . didnt get chance to put the arch on though while at pvs i bought a smooth grill,some H.I.D'S a mint condition boot and some was and polish e.t.c did by a gear gaitor surround to tidy inside up but when i got home,realised it was for a 106 must of been hungover when i bought it! lol! . heres some pics shes running spot on and goes well!

sorry about all the pics ive got loads!

oh and bought the sunstrip from pvs said to the girlfriend i would so i did and fitted it the other night get some funny looks i think its ace everyone laughs when they see it
piccies

SRI-LEE

19th Jul 09 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got some new mods done yesterday got my new boot fitted and got rid of the rear wiper and replaced with a bung ,put an irmshcer badge on aswell gave it a polish and wax then bolted my front arch on and fitted the H.I.D'S loving it more to come when i get payed on the look out for some new wheels and shocks next few pics

update been away all week but have made some new purchases for the car managed to get an ebay bargain on some rare 4 stud vectra sri wheels 16 inch . then found out a lad in kendal was selling a full set of uprated shocks with 60 mm springs so purchased them aswell , when i got them home had a look at them seems there like new and it said 80 on the springs so i compared them to my other 60mm springs and these ones are alot shorter, so there not 60 but 80mm so shes going low lol. going to be taking the tyres off my wheels this week and resraying them white so with them on in white and down 80mm she should be looking good . also its my birthday today and my girlfreind got me a richbrook vauxhall gearknob and some door pins so be tarting up the inside aswell love them!

SRI-LEE

19th Jul 09 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update for you all been cracking on with refurbing the wheels this weekend on saturday got 2 all rubbed down primerd and sprayed look awesome im loving them! didnt get chance to do the other two the ones IV sprayed i let dry and paint harden over the weekend and now just need laquaring then there done, tonight i got the other two all rubbed down and prepped then started thundering so no spraying tonight im hoping we get a good dry night some point this week,then i can finish spraying and laquaring them,getting two new tyres ordered tomorrow and all going to plan the car should be lowered 80mm all round with uprated shocks and my new wheels fitted!> cant wait will get pics up as soon as its done pics

replaced the egr valve on the car as well as the light was on and running poo what an awkward thing to get off that is but all done now

all laquared and finished

SRI-LEE

19th Jul 09 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

newest update this weekend!

update lots of pics, wheels are on and shes lowered! i think it looks perfect the white and the wheels suit it so well! looks even better in person am so happy with it, love them just need all my white opel badges and my opel mudflaps then back 3 windows tinted and im after some south african rear lights to

gave her a wash and polish this morning so heres the pics :

comments welcome

i have lots more plans for her hope you like thanks lee

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » black corsa sport project (PVS update 13.6.11) 23 database queries in 0.1439140 seconds