corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » jons 1.6 runing TB'S *

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author jons 1.6 runing TB'S *
corsa-jr

User status: Offline
11th Sep 09 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite im now looking for new ecu so i can get the fueling rite and her runing spot on.

still to do.

rear anti roll bar
new ecu
new rear srings
new wheels
new stickers
corsa-jr

12th Sep 09 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here are some videos of the car,i hope to get some cams in her soon as well as the new ecu so will a very different sound when thats all up and runing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoa4pCB3Y4s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEBXJTLRlqU

[Edited on 12-09-2009 by corsa-jr]
gez bay

12th Sep 09 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds good.

it seems to come slowly back down the revs though. what have you done with your air map sensor?
corsa-jr

12th Sep 09 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its cliped on top of the strut housing, where do you think i should put it? and yer it does come back down the revs slowly but linch said that is normal with these of type of throttle bodies
corsa-jr

21st Sep 09 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plans now is that im going for the sleeper look so ill be getting ride of the alloys and going with some steelies gloss black and maybe one of the black tail pipe back boxes that you can get from chris ashley so i can get it looking as sleeper as possable. Anyone eles got any ideas on how i can get the look? How about non- colour coded bumpers?
corsa-jr

21st Sep 09 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or insted of the steel wheels shall i just get my sport alloys powerd coated and fit thoses back on but they are 14imch so im not sure if they would clear the front brakes
gez bay

21st Sep 09 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh mate. i wouldnt bother. your car has the looks and power.
corsa-jr

22nd Sep 09 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its not runing at full power yet as think its runing lean top end plus need to get the management sorted so maybe i should get that out the way frist
corsa-jr

5th Oct 09 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

change to plans im not going for the sleeper look im just going to stick with the wheels i already have but change the back springs to 40mm instead of 60mm so the tyres don't clip the arches as much over bumps. Also ill have to place rubber or the rear beam to stop knockinby the exhaust.
Next up will be getting a FPR fitted so i can get the fueling right with the throttle bodies i am running,start saving up for new management will be after that as well unless i can get the girlfriend to get me some for xmass lol good old bird lol
corsa-jr

17th Nov 09 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite a small up date car is having bottom end rebuilt this weekend and then my air leak will be sort also. so just orderd up all the new parts GM parts it has to be just for my own pice of mind really, got new leads on the way also i thnk there are the red mega core ones want be sure untill they get here. Really looking into new engine management as well at the moment and i think im going to go for the omex 600 ecu and will be going down to the boys at track and road to have it fitted and mapped.Will get pics up of the rebuild if i can when im doing it. any input is always welcome, the aim is 150bhp and i think i will get close to that just need to get some cams and i think it is deffo pos.
corsa-jr

21st Nov 09 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite just a lil update lastnight i got it all srtipped down and pistons out and found out that the head gasket had gone on cylinder 4 so just as well im doing what iam doing. Pulled out the pistons and they were coverd in oil wich is not good and had a look at the valve steams and there was alot of oily gunk so the new head willcome in handy now lol. as for the bores there are only very light scraches so thats all good. but there is a better compertion on on two of the cylinders then the other two so a mate of mine said do he throttle bodies have to be balanced and im not sure if thry do or not but we will have a lil play around and see what is what.

So the plan for today is to get the pistons cleand up and the bores horened the replace the bearing and cheack over the crank, get piston rings on and fit allthebottom end back togeather and move on to the head.
M-IKE19

25th Nov 09 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got dean101287 old tbs, gotech pro X managment, high lift cams, dbalis vernier pullies, 4 branch and straight through exhaust good crack!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » jons 1.6 runing TB'S * 23 database queries in 0.0121682 seconds