corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Would being low on petrol...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Would being low on petrol...
harrisp

User status: Offline
20th Apr 09 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cause the car to splutter and the EML come on when coming of a tight roundabout going fairly quick?

I was playing with a corsa 1.2 8v he had 17s standard suspension and wha tlooked like a cheap rip off of lexus lights (in my 12v) last night at J27 (for anyone around here) and I was a bit low on petrol and when i was coming off a roundabout it was spluttering and dying like it was bogging out then the EML would flicker, the a few seconds later on a straight bit of road it was fine.
Mobby

20th Apr 09 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AFM.

Im not sure about the eml light but mine didnt come one when i drove up a steep hill with no petrol and ran out

[Edited on 20-04-2009 by mobby]
harrisp

20th Apr 09 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mobby
AFM.

Im not sure about the eml light but mine didnt come one when i drove up a steep hill with no petrol and ran out

[Edited on 20-04-2009 by mobby]

I did think that but why would the light just flicker on round a corner, its fine on straights.
Mobby

20th Apr 09 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could just be the start, will flicker on and off whenever it feels like it, well mine used to when it first went.
harrisp

20th Apr 09 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will have to keep any eye on it, or just go back to the roundabout and see if it does it with more petrol in.
MarkM

20th Apr 09 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
Will have to keep any eye on it, or just go back to the roundabout and see if it does it with more petrol in.

steven_r2008

20th Apr 09 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi mate, im sure coppers were out around junction 27 last night ? but my brothers astra gsi turbo did it last week off the island when he was low on petrol, its fine now though, we came to the conclusion that as he was going round the island the petrol didn't get into his fuel lines and cused a gap of air in the line, so further down the straight the air went into his engine momentarily making his car splutter, and pop like a gud un
mattk

20th Apr 09 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but your EML doesnt come on when you run out of fuel, I ran my Corsa out twice
harrisp

20th Apr 09 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by steven_r2008
hi mate, im sure coppers were out around junction 27 last night ? but my brothers astra gsi turbo did it last week off the island when he was low on petrol, its fine now though, we came to the conclusion that as he was going round the island the petrol didn't get into his fuel lines and cused a gap of air in the line, so further down the straight the air went into his engine momentarily making his car splutter, and pop like a gud un

I was only passing through I wasn't actually down there to race (but I did do about two laps just to show up the chav in his corsa). and I didn't see any police. Thats what I was thinking and because it wasn't getting enough petrol maybe the light came on because it thought there was a problem

It isn't doing it now with more petrol in going round a roundabout.
I didn't run out of fuel I was just really low on fuel.

[Edited on 20-04-2009 by harrisp]
Neo

20th Apr 09 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I was playing with a corsa 1.2 8v...

...in my 12v

DaveB

20th Apr 09 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't realise J27 was back on? Is MFN back on now then as well?
Mobby

20th Apr 09 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveB
Didn't realise J27 was back on? Is MFN back on now then as well?

yeap
DaveB

20th Apr 09 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wicked. Road trip next sunday then
steven_r2008

22nd Apr 09 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveB
Wicked. Road trip next sunday then

yeah get yourself down mate, theres been quite a few cars go down in the past few weeks, just been wanting to go down in my car however a lack of license is preventing that

especially when you see a few of the local chavs turn up in their 'lexus lighted' corsas .

and to mattk, yeah the eml doesn't come on if you just naturaly run out of fuel, however for some reason when it just gets starvation it does dunno why (did on my brothers gsi turbo anyway)
--ToM--

22nd Apr 09 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds to me that due to the stupid ammount of bhp you cars pushing the fuel pump simply cannot pump enough fuel forward probably suffering from fuel cuts as demonstrated in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9coH3WGSkAU
richc

22nd Apr 09 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
cause the car to splutter and the EML come on when coming of a tight roundabout going fairly quick?

I was playing with a corsa 1.2 8v he had 17s standard suspension and wha tlooked like a cheap rip off of lexus lights (in my 12v) last night at J27 (for anyone around here) and I was a bit low on petrol and when i was coming off a roundabout it was spluttering and dying like it was bogging out then the EML would flicker, the a few seconds later on a straight bit of road it was fine.

Might do. Mates astra gsi did the same, he goes it splutter on boots comming out and shit him self and sat with the bonnet up for about 30 mins Dint he ste!

Must be low low tho!

12v vs 12 8v....bet that took a while

[Edited on 22-04-2009 by richc]
richc

22nd Apr 09 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O and daveb

Last sunday was abig shut down. Police blcking everywhere, filim people who even drove through!

But sunday before was brilliant. Had some good fun until the earlier hours. Ferraris were there, rs4's, a e60 m5, stupid power skylines all giving it some!
steven_r2008

23rd Apr 09 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:

Might do. Mates astra gsi did the same, he goes it splutter on boots comming out and shit him self and sat with the bonnet up for about 30 mins Dint he ste!

Must be low low tho!

12v vs 12 8v....bet that took a while

[Edited on 22-04-2009 by richc]

haha, yeah he did rich while we checked to make sure he hadn't blown anythin up shittin himself because he had put degreaser on a few things to clean them up and not cleaned it off properly, and the heat turned it white bless him

lol'd at the 12 volt vs 1.2 8v haha
DaveB

23rd Apr 09 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
O and daveb

Last sunday was abig shut down. Police blcking everywhere, filim people who even drove through!

But sunday before was brilliant. Had some good fun until the earlier hours. Ferraris were there, rs4's, a e60 m5, stupid power skylines all giving it some!

Well if its dry I might have a run down. Should have my quaife in all being well so will be noticeably quicker around corner

New Poll