corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South Central » Anyone interested in a Rolling Road day? - UPDATE page 2!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone interested in a Rolling Road day? - UPDATE page 2!
Daveskater
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Apr 09 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE:

I have spoken to Pitstop and they said that no matter how many people come, they will charge £250, so we can just split it evenly. Obviously the more people that come, the less it will cost each of us. They want to know at least 3 weeks in advance so if we choose these guys, I will need to let them know by the end of the next week.

I will be calling back Owen Developments later, the guy I needed to speak to was unavailable.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Fonz
Premium Member

30th Apr 09 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

before you commit to anything on our behalf, i would ask you to take full control of this event and speak to Willay and JR about RR days (having run 2/3 successful RRs in SE)

take £5/£10 deposits from those interested with a date 4-6 weeks time. that way all have chance to get money together and get the weekend free.

without a deposit system i will be eary of turning up and it just being 4/5 people having to pay £50.
as i said before we have ~10 interested, so lets pin them down.

i suggest a new thread which isnt for collecting interest but is for the event

full details, company, address, estimated price based on those showing an interest turning up, deposit required, payment methods, facilities, etc

Willay and JR are your first points of call imo, Willay may also accept to take the deposits as a trusted CS financer (not saying you are not trust worthy but CS money is a task Willay is used to)

good work on getting it this far!
Daveskater
Premium Member

30th Apr 09 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate

I was thinking exactly the same as you put above Didn't think of contacting Will though, good call.

I think I posted on the first page somewhere that I will be taking deposits, if there's one thing I hate it's being messed around I was thinking a tenner regardless of how much it turns out we'll need to pay.

[Edited on 30-04-2009 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Fonz
Premium Member

7th May 09 at 07:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any news?
Daveskater
Premium Member

7th May 09 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every time I ring Owen Developments the guy I need to speak to either isn't there or is busy

Might give up on them tbh.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
kaila

7th May 09 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats da news on any of the places so far..
Daveskater
Premium Member

7th May 09 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top of this page mate. Pitstop are well up for it and we could probably do the 30th of this month. They said 3-4 week's notice and seeing as it's 4 weeks away we should be alright.

I think it's going to be too much hassle with Owen Developments so imo we should go for Pitstop.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Fonz
Premium Member

13th May 09 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

following comments in GC June is a better date, although the garage will want 4 weeks notice, CS will want at least 6! avoid the first two weekends in June and i'll be there!
note timings if you set a payment deadline. people get paid at the end of the month and some will have spent this half way into the month!!
Fad

13th May 09 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Owen developments are a very good outfit I would go for them personally. They built jr's (previously Matt Crowthers) 136bhp 1.4 16v and also IIRC had something to do with Keith Pipers mental engine too.

Also as mentioned in general chat if its a good outfit it will attract mmore people prefferbly when its not so close to PVS
Daveskater
Premium Member

14th May 09 at 07:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did try Owen Developments but they don't actually host RR days and it seemed more trouble than it was worth to try and talk them into providing a service that they don't normally do.

That's a good point about wages mate, I could give them a call later and see if they can do the 13th. Either way though, it's the week before or after PVS so it's not going to be any further away from it.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Fonz
Premium Member

14th May 09 at 07:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it is the 13th you can scrub my name and rich7585 name off as we will be racing at CARnival in Abingdon (see my sig)
Daveskater
Premium Member

14th May 09 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is going to get tricky then

20th?

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Rich7585

14th May 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If we're looking at June 20, I cant make it I'm afraid.
Fonz
Premium Member

14th May 09 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and i cant the weekend after that!
Dave just choose a date and stick with it, there will always be people who you cant make it!!
Daveskater
Premium Member

14th May 09 at 16:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In that case we may as well stick with the 30th of this month, otherwise it won't happen until July.

I have to ring Pitstop the week before anyway to let them know how many cars are going to be coming so if only 4 people bother or something silly then I'll call it off because it won't be worth it.

What annoys me a bit is that I have been saying for ages that I was thinking of the 30th of May, and nobody said anything...

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Rich7585

15th May 09 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry Dave, my bad, i wrote it in my diary (im an old man) and never posted, im officially up for the 30th!
Daveskater
Premium Member

17th May 09 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool mate, by the looks of it you're about the only one.

I'm seriously considering ringing tomorrow and cancelling and re-arranging a date in July.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Fonz
Premium Member

17th May 09 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

30th is ok with me!!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South Central » Anyone interested in a Rolling Road day? - UPDATE page 2! 24 database queries in 0.0175521 seconds