corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What Are the best for power & bass?? 6x9s

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What Are the best for power & bass?? 6x9s
Rocky

User status: Offline
   12th Feb 03 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi peeps I am getting a stealth shelf with sum 6x9s in them i want good bass and power i cant remember the name of the makes but there very good anyways whats the best 280watt three way or 300 watt 3way give me a views peeps???

DJ Rocky
corsa_lover

12th Feb 03 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

logically the 300 watts sounds better but it depends on what make they are and what your running them from. 6x9s dont run at there max all the time but some makes run closer to their quoted output than others. If the 300watts is by a crap make its likely the 280watts will actually run at a higher output. If your running them from your headunit get the 280 watts because regardless of the 2 will sound the same as im guessing your head units only about 50x4 watts. Finally whats the cost of them? If they cost the same or roughly the same u might as well go for 300 with the above factors taken into consideration.

Not sure if you get all that but any questions just ask if you could find aout the makes it would be usefull
Rocky

12th Feb 03 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

poweracoustic matey they are mate think iam going for 300 watt coz i can hook them up to amp later then 4x50w kenwood headunit matey mine is z838w

DJ Rocky

[Edited on 12-02-2003 by DJ Rocky]
wainey

14th Feb 03 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got some round 20cm pionner jobbies on my shelf amped up by a rockford 150.1 amp, sound reallly good, theyre 300w but they do a set which are 350w, i asked which were better and the chap told me to have the 300 ones cuz theyve got less peak power but alot better sound quality. might be worth asking about

[Edited on 16-02-2003 by wainey]
miss corsa sri

14th Feb 03 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the power rating ie 300w etc is peak and is completely irrelevant when running them off a head unit
Rocky

15th Feb 03 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you mean by irrelevant when running off a headunit shud be good enough for a while until i get amp???

DJ Rocky
===========
Organiser Of Wales
SW-CC Member
Welsh Corsa Modders
===========
Makarus

16th Feb 03 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah should be fine matey. Dont see why not.

6x9's are the way for my to go, not keen on them on show.

Got Pioneer 13cm's up front and getting a new sub and amp to the tune of 1000W peak from Pioneer and I am happy with that setup. Plus people hear the sound but if they walk past my car all they see is the stereo face plate off.
Rocky

17th Feb 03 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same as me mate better save than sorry shud be ok with it running of headunit
DJ Rocky
===========
Organiser Of Wales
SW-CC Member
Welsh Corsa Modders
===========

lube_oscar

23rd Feb 03 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got the Z838W and the unit will only give the speakers a maximum of 200W output so you might as well buy some nice but alot cheaper 200w speakers, ive got 330w pioneer speakers and they sound the same as my mates old model 200w

New Poll