corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 6x9's or not?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 6x9's or not?
Red_SXi

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 04 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Sony MP40 Hu (soon to be an alpine HU) And i have a Vibe active 12" sub.

I plan on getting another 12" Vibe to put next to it, but i need to upgrade my rear speakers cos my current ones rattled and i've cut the wires to them.

I've heard 6x9's with Subs is a bad idea, also if i do get 6x9's should u connect them up to the HU or Amp them ?
combat_sri

22nd Mar 04 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont bother with 6*9s if you have a sub maybe 2. just buy the best components you can afford (6.5") and amp them.
James@CCC

23rd Mar 04 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 6x9s will just pump out more bass which will mess with the bass coming from the sub. Especially with 2 of those subs you really dont need any extra bass.

just get some quality components to provide the higher notes
AdiSRI

23rd Mar 04 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personal choice, i have 6x9s / sub and think it sounds better with them, and my bass has NEVER been messy or distorted in any way.
mwg

23rd Mar 04 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdiSRI
personal choice, i have 6x9s / sub and think it sounds better with them, and my bass has NEVER been messy or distorted in any way.

u must of got lucky......
best components u can afford and whack em in the rear trim cards
Scotty_B

23rd Mar 04 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get new 6.5" components and amp them. I only have front components which are amped and 1 12"sub and it sounds better than it did when I had 6x9s aswell.
AdiSRI

23rd Mar 04 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also have front 6.5" comps, 6x9s and a JL 12" sub all amped and to me it sounds good.
If you have no speakers tho id put a higher priority on some components and an amp for them than a set of 6x9's.
Red_SXi

24th Mar 04 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the mo i have my sub and front speakers working, but no rear speakers. It sounds kinda funny with no mid and trebble coming from the back.
Scotty_B

24th Mar 04 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Red_Sxi
At the mo i have my sub and front speakers working, but no rear speakers. It sounds kinda funny with no mid and trebble coming from the back.

It won't sound funny if you get a GOOD set of components and amp them. Standard components running off the HU are to quiet thats probably why it sounds funny.
Andy GSi

25th Mar 04 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as ppl have said, a set of top quailty componets, and amp them, with 2 subs! dont have 6x9s mate! get rid
DC

26th Mar 04 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do completley agree a good set of components up front is high priority but from personal experience ive had no problem with my 6x9's.

Ive got a set of JL speakers in the front and JL VR 6x9's in the rear. There all amped off a 4 channel amp and 2 b honest the 6x9's play really well.

I considered getting some components for the rear but there really is no need. The 6x9's sound great and with the boot open there really loud.

Maybe its because they were £180 tho

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 6x9's or not? 24 database queries in 0.0087390 seconds