corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Peugeot 106 XSI-16v - Outside

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Peugeot 106 XSI-16v - Outside
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Jun 09 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mmmmm shiny looks nice mate, ooh my manifold will give it a good clean up once it comes.
ChrisBoom

25th Jun 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, need to go and give it death, make it coulorfull instead

Aye, theres a wee bit of surface rust on it atm as it was outside for a couple of days. Will clean up fine though
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Jun 09 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye that's no worries, how much was that manifold you got? you got any plans for different wheels?
ChrisBoom

25th Jun 09 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Aye that's no worries, how much was that manifold you got? you got any plans for different wheels?

£126, was a dicount through 106owners, usual price is £160odd on ebay.

Yeah, want speedline comp2's for it, but waiting for a cheap set to come up local, in no rush to buy them.

Still on the hunt for morettes too, but cant face shelling out £180-£200 for them.
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Jun 09 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you don't see many sets around, I'll be getting some in the futire definately.
Mertin

25th Jun 09 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ICV's are a common problem

Mine was a dud, sometimes dipped down to 500 when idling. I bought one off ebay, think it was a dud aswell. Dont think it was as bad as yours though, id send it up to you cause its just lyin in my shed. Im offshore for the next 10 days though
ChrisBoom

28th Jun 09 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to speak to a friend whos building a 16v phase 2 rallye, his 16v engine is on a stand now so think ill try and borrow his throttle body with all the sensors to try mine and see what the hell is up with the idle.

Anyways, new filter:

Looks alot better than the one that was in it before, bit more noise too. Needed cutting to fit, and was second hand so cheapy cheap.
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Jun 09 at 06:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be buying the same in a few weeks, it'l need modifying even more to fit mine apparently.
pow
Premium Member

29th Jun 09 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Racelands sound epic
Eck
Premium Member

29th Jun 09 at 10:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBoom
quote:

£126, was a dicount through 106owners, usual price is £160odd on ebay.

Yeah, want speedline comp2's for it, but waiting for a cheap set to come up local, in no rush to buy them.

Still on the hunt for morettes too, but cant face shelling out £180-£200 for them.

Why in the name of god's green shrubbery are they still so expensive They are literally cheap thin plastic squares If you had the ability or means of getting someone to make a fibreglass mould of mine, I'd be happy to let you
ChrisBoom

29th Jun 09 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'll be buying the same in a few weeks, it'l need modifying even more to fit mine apparently.

Yours will still need cut, bastard with the 8v is the air temp sensor is in the original filter housing, so you need to make that fit the kit too. Luckly the 16v air temp sensor is in the TB, so saves any chopping there.

Eck, tell me about it, hellish price, still going for £250 new.

Want some though
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Jun 09 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Chris, shouldn't be too hard. Something like this is what I need to do...

ChrisBoom

1st Jul 09 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MOT tomorrow at 4pm

Its going to fail, so, guesses as to what it will fail on?
ChrisBoom

2nd Jul 09 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, problems even before the MOT.

3.50 PM, off to get the car nice and hot for the emissions. 5th gear at 6700PRM, the bloody arch liner takes off from the drivers side

Ripped all the indicator wiring to fuck, just means the drivers side front indicators arnt working. Rebooked the mot for tomorrow to give me a chance to fix it, but theres a bloody thunderstorm on atm, and i dont fancy getting soaked for a poxy indicator.
B3KAN

2nd Jul 09 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get out and get it done you girl i was out wiring a nova engine in it
ChrisBoom

2nd Jul 09 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by B3KAN
Get out and get it done you girl i was out wiring a nova engine in it

Ive been soaked far too many times for the car recently

Do it before work, be reet.
ChrisBoom

3rd Jul 09 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that was a bit of a disaster

So off down for the MOT at 11pm.

First off, emissions.

Failed, misrably. Test had to be aborted as the car was getting too hot, it even melted my fucking nice new air filter, and covered my nice new fucking manifold in plastic:

Then onto the actual mot.

Failed, on 3 counts. 2 not so bad, 1 very bad

001 - Offside front headlamp aim too high - Easy fix

002 - Nearside front wheel bearing has excessive play - Think its the hub nut thats loose, even if it does need a bearing, pretty easy fix

003 - Fuck - Nearside rear body or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings

Tosser, right behing the fuel filter needs welded, means removing the fuel tank. He poked a hole through it with the bloody hammer

And then of course,

004 - Emissions fail, blah blah.

Not as bad as I though tbh, wouldnt of been bad at all if that rot wasnt there, fucking cuuuunt.

Thus, i aint very happy with the car:

[Edited on 03-07-2009 by ChrisBoom]
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Jul 09 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Melted plastic on manifold, not good, plus its brand new. As you say, nothing to fret apart from the welding. I'm guessing you will be doing all the work yourself before hand?
DAZ1985

3rd Jul 09 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the salute
ChrisBoom

3rd Jul 09 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Melted plastic on manifold, not good, plus its brand new. As you say, nothing to fret apart from the welding. I'm guessing you will be doing all the work yourself before hand?

I know, doubt its gona clean off, its set to a nice white mess on the manifold.

Checked the hub nut, and its tight, means the bearing is gone. No noise from it though

Welding is going to be an utter cunt, not looking forward to removing the tank etc.

Still need to sort the idle out for the emissions, think it needs a MAF sensor, my brother is taking his GTI over on sunday so I can test sensors.
B3KAN

3rd Jul 09 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not so good chris but dont you ever check your cars over before sticking them in for an mot?
ChrisBoom

3rd Jul 09 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by B3KAN
Not so good chris but dont you ever check your cars over before sticking them in for an mot?

I do, i changed a few bulbs, fixed the handbrake cable

I didnt spot the rust at all, wish I had, would of welded it long before the MOT then.
ChrisBoom

6th Jul 09 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strut is off, nice new bearing is being pressed in tomorrow.

Had a better look at the rust, isnt as bad as I first thought, underseal etc made it look worse, still going to be a ballache to weld.

Hopefully back for the retest on friday.
ChrisBoom

7th Jul 09 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strut back on and bearing fixed

Just the welding to do and try a couple of sensors to get the idle down, then retest.
ChrisBoom

9th Jul 09 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally fixed the idle, even got a wee video:

Still need to sort that tensioner

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Peugeot 106 XSI-16v - Outside 23 database queries in 0.0164120 seconds