corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » multi room audio?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author multi room audio?
M2RTY

User status: Offline
8th Feb 09 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like sonus etc? anyone got a set up? info?

looking for 5 rooms
ash_corsa

8th Feb 09 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
like sonus etc? anyone got a set up? info?

looking for 5 rooms

My job is multi-room audio mate, what are you after? Budget? What do you want to listen to? Sources etc...

Sonos is great, we are starting to do loads of these now and ive just done one for my mate. Its very simple to set-up, use and add zones etc...
Easy to use, CR100 Controller is nice to use, and all the kit feels quality. you can stream music from Internet, Napster, LastFM and internet radio, or you can play music from your PC or Network drive.

Using your own speakers is an advantage too, either with the ZP90 (pre-amp) or ZP120 (amplified)
Hooked-up some Monitor Audio BR1s to my mates ZP120 and it sounds very very good!

Most of our installs use ceiling speakers, again the Monitor Audio range is brilliant, as is the B&Ws

SystemLine / Opus Nuvo etc.. are all very good systems, but the wiring infrastructure needs to be installed at build/renovation stage really though or you could end up with alot of mess!
t_benn_1

10th Feb 09 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much would say a 3 room system cost ash,
1 room to use speakers and amp already in there
2 rooms to have wall mounted supplied
Pablo

10th Feb 09 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bose
ash_corsa

10th Feb 09 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pablo
bose

Bose isnt all its cracked up to be mate, people just think 'Bose' is the best, but quite simply it isnt. Its just a name that sells. With Bose, you havnt got the versatility or the flash colour screen wireless controller!
Ive heard Bose cinema systems and they do sound very very good, but you can get better for cheaper.

The BU150 bundle is about £650-700 which is a 2 zone kit, 1 pre-amp and one amplified.
The extra zone players are £350 and £250 for the amplified and pre-amp respectively.

Anyone who has ever used one will tell you how great it is!

drunkenfool

10th Feb 09 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My parents have a home cinema setup in the lounge at theirs with a HD HTPC going into a Pioneer VSX-1015 amp, but I know my mum has suggested getting a multiroom solution to get music in her bedroom and the lounge, possibly the bathroom too. Is there a way to do this while still using the amp they have in the lounge? I know the amp has one 2nd room output, but its hardly ideal for remote control or having more than one extra room!
ash_corsa

10th Feb 09 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
My parents have a home cinema setup in the lounge at theirs with a HD HTPC going into a Pioneer VSX-1015 amp, but I know my mum has suggested getting a multiroom solution to get music in her bedroom and the lounge, possibly the bathroom too. Is there a way to do this while still using the amp they have in the lounge? I know the amp has one 2nd room output, but its hardly ideal for remote control or having more than one extra room!

Amp have zone 2 output? Pre-out or speaker outputs? What are cable runs like?
Could use QED speaker switch for the two extra rooms with a QED roomlink IR kit to control the amp, radio, cd player etc.. from upstairs.
Some nice ceiling speakers like Monitor Audio or B&W would be ideal.
Thats the cheapest option.
ash_corsa

12th Feb 09 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seen the new RipServer that we are getting in, goes on your network, you just put CDs in it, and it rips them to its HDD (500GB or 1TB)
Then you just point the Sonos software to it on your network and you stream all your music from it without having to have a PC on.
Rips CDs pretty quick and it plays back super fast aswell, top bit of kit, available to buy from Computers Unlimited (Sonos UK distributor)
Pablo

16th Feb 09 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ash_corsa
quote:
Originally posted by Pablo
bose

Bose isnt all its cracked up to be mate, people just think 'Bose' is the best, but quite simply it isnt. Its just a name that sells. With Bose, you havnt got the versatility or the flash colour screen wireless controller!
Ive heard Bose cinema systems and they do sound very very good, but you can get better for cheaper.

Personal preference

New Poll