corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Hifi Question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hifi Question
corsaevu

User status: Offline
15th Oct 06 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have got a Cambridge audio a500rc amplifier and i was wondering what the easiest way of alloing more speakers or power onto the system?

I.e. Do i add another amp with another set of speakers?

Or do i buy another cambridge audio seperate? Like a power amp? or a pre-amp? What are power / pre amplifiers?
Melville

16th Oct 06 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need a bit more info really. What do you mean more speakers and power? Do you want speakers in another room or something or do you just want your current system to be louder?

If its the latter then dont bother with more speakers just buy higher rated speakers and amp.

Do you have a sub? Might be a good solution for you if you have a limited budget.
corsaevu

16th Oct 06 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okay then well thinking about power upgrade.

would this be good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PRO-SOUND-AMPLIFIER-RACK-MOUNT-400-WATT-200-PER-SIDE_W0QQitemZ150046905789QQihZ005QQcategoryZ69962QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Melville

17th Oct 06 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possibly but its not a hifi amp and would look awful in a house (persoanlly)

What gear do you have at the moment?

No offence but it seems all you are interested in is volume and not quality so I would definately think about adding a sub to your system.
Dom

17th Oct 06 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with melville, sounds like you're just after volume over quality - in which case dump your current gear and get a PA system, will sounds complete and utter bollocks but it'll be loud.

If you want quality, then look at going preamps and power amps (rotel, arcam, cyrus or adding to your cambridge audio if it has power amp outs) and if you speakers can handle it then you can mono block the power amps for more power and/or bi-wire the speakers (if they have dual speaker posts).

but by all means, dont go playing around with a PA amp and connect it to hifi speakers - they usually use different impedances etc
corsaevu

17th Oct 06 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the moment i have:

Cambridge Audio A500 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge Audio T100 Tuner
Cambridge Audio CD5 Player
2 x QTX TEc3010 Decks inc Mixer
2 x Theatre Innovations TI-1250
Sub/Boom Box (2 x 8" Bass and a couple of tweeters!!)

Then a whole load of wires in between!!!!

I want to add anotherpair of speakers so i can put another pair at the otherside of my room. (i live in an attick so loads of space and just wanna create surround type sound on a cheap budget!!!!

New Poll